Author Topic: Pelosi says Trump ‘dishonoring’ God in global warming decision  (Read 1634 times)

rangerrebew

Pelosi says Trump ‘dishonoring’ God in global warming decision

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Friday, June 2, 2017

Rep. Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that President Trump was “dishonoring” God and questioned whether his grandchildren will even be able to breathe air after his announcement a day earlier that he would withdraw from the Paris climate accord.

“How is he ever going to explain to his grandchildren what he did to the air they breathe — assuming they breathe air,” she said at her weekly press conference.

She compared the president to racist segregationists during the civil rights movement, said Mr. Trump’s decision was yet another reason he needed to release his tax returns, and said the U.S. has isolated itself from the world, joining just Syria in rejecting the Paris agreement as too onerous.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/2/pelosi-trump-dishonoring-god-global-warming/
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 04:38:57 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Pelosi says Trump ‘dishonoring’ God in global warming decision
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 04:42:10 pm »
 :facepalm2:  Apparently her support for abortion agrees with God's teachings.  Anyway, she must not be aware the racist segregationists of the Civil Rights era were democrats and it was democrats who started the Civil War to protect slavery.  Why else would she be so stupid to compare this treaty with them. 10631
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 04:43:18 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 04:45:36 pm »
Pelosi knows God. After all her 'favorite word is the Word'.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 04:45:57 pm »
This is a common canard -  the charge that those opposed to wasting resources on CO2 reduction want dirty air.   No one wants to breathe dirty air.   I've supported every federal law directed at cleaning up polluted air and fouled streams.   And, I suspect, so does President Trump. 

CO2 isn't a pollutant.  It's a natural product of life itself.  If CO2 is reduced by steps taken to clean up the air and reduce energy waste, then solid.   But CO2 reduction for its own sake is throwing our resources and prosperity down the rathole.   There's not a scintilla of evidence that American efforts to reduce CO2 will impact global warming.  Certainly not when the Chinese open up new coal plants on a weekly basis and apparently care so little about the dirt and filth that they wear masks in the street. 

Unlike Pelosi, what I want for my grandkids is prosperity.   
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 04:46:47 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 06:41:10 pm »
When Pelosi drags God into it, I'm minded of Bubba getting the bible out to campaign for the black vote.

It depends on the meaning of the word "is", or in Pelosi's case, how she defines "God".

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 06:41:56 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 11:08:11 pm »
The hypocrisy is stunning.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 12:12:58 am »
The hypocrisy is stunning.

Along with the ignorance and snarkiness .... "if they breathe air"  puleeze.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 01:15:40 am »
Pelosi says Trump ‘dishonoring’ God in global warming decision

I'm pretty certain that she plays for the other team.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 01:17:46 am »
Anyway, she must not be aware the racist segregationists of the Civil Rights era were democrats and it was democrats who started the Civil War to protect slavery. 

I thought the Union had slavery before during and after the civil war.   

If they wanted slavery,  they could have just stayed in the Union. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 01:19:02 am »
This is a common canard -  the charge that those opposed to wasting resources on CO2 reduction want dirty air.   No one wants to breathe dirty air.   I've supported every federal law directed at cleaning up polluted air and fouled streams.   And, I suspect, so does President Trump. 

CO2 isn't a pollutant.  It's a natural product of life itself.  If CO2 is reduced by steps taken to clean up the air and reduce energy waste, then solid.   But CO2 reduction for its own sake is throwing our resources and prosperity down the rathole.   There's not a scintilla of evidence that American efforts to reduce CO2 will impact global warming.  Certainly not when the Chinese open up new coal plants on a weekly basis and apparently care so little about the dirt and filth that they wear masks in the street. 

Unlike Pelosi, what I want for my grandkids is prosperity.   

You and I agree on all of the above. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 05:36:16 am »

I thought the Union had slavery before during and after the civil war.   

If they wanted slavery,  they could have just stayed in the Union.
If it was such a dire issue, why did Lincoln wait until 1863 to try to free those slaves in the 'states in rebellion' (not the occupied and subdued ones, even). That issue should have been right up front.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 05:39:34 am »

Rep. Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that President Trump was “dishonoring” God and questioned whether his grandchildren will even be able to breathe air after his announcement a day earlier that he would withdraw from the Paris climate accord.

I believe that The Almighty, who created the universe and all in it, is quite capable of handling the climate without Mr. Trump's input.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 11:59:23 am »
If it was such a dire issue, why did Lincoln wait until 1863 to try to free those slaves in the 'states in rebellion' (not the occupied and subdued ones, even). That issue should have been right up front.

@Smokin Joe

The "Great Emancipator" never freed ONE single slave. The ONLY slaves freed by the Emancipation Proclamation were the ones in the South,and he had no dominion over them. The "Emancipation Proclamation did not free ONE single slave in the North,and none were freed until after the war ended. Even Union General and future President US Grant owned slaves he didn't free until after the war and he was ordered to free them.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 12:07:04 pm »
I believe that The Almighty, who created the universe and all in it, is quite capable of handling the climate without Mr. Trump's input.

Boom!
Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2017, 12:16:31 pm »
Pelosi knows God. After all her 'favorite word is the Word'.

The voices in her head tell her so....

Offline Applewood

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2017, 01:02:12 pm »
The phony outrage from the left is actually hilarious.  The Paris agreement was a piece of ****.  Trump did say he was willing to negotiate a new deal.  What's the problem?  Do these drama queens think waiting for a new agreement is going to mean the immediate end of the world? 

No, I don't believe in man-made climate change.  Just asking the questions for those who do.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 01:44:24 pm »
When your God is One World Government those pesky freedom seekers are bound to make you angry from time to time.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2017, 01:53:38 pm »
When your God is One World Government those pesky freedom seekers are bound to make you angry from time to time.

@Hondo69

And there it is. All of it in one place.