Author Topic: US military orders design of combined human-robot squads  (Read 535 times)

rangerrebew

US military orders design of combined human-robot squads
« on: June 02, 2017, 02:47:07 pm »
US military orders design of combined human-robot squads

June 01, 2017

The future is here. The predication that future warfare will see extensive use of artificial intelligence is now being developed according to new reports.

(WASHINGTON, DC) The Pentagon has ordered the design and development of a prototype combined-arms squad consisting of human soldiers and “unmanned assets” to maximize troops’ performance on the future battlefield.

Virginia-based private company Six3 Advanced Systems was awarded an $11-million fixed-fee contract “to design, develop, and validate system prototypes for a combined-arms squad, which combines humans and unmanned assets, ubiquitous communications and information,” according to a Pentagon press release.
- See more at: http://www.trunews.com/article/us-military-orders-design-of-combined-human-robot-squads#sthash.mOoYLdiH.dpuf

Offline dfwgator

Re: US military orders design of combined human-robot squads
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 03:08:31 pm »

"Wonder weapons? My God, I don't see the wonder in them. Killing without heroics. Nothing is glorified, nothing is reaffirmed. No heroes, no cowards, no troops. No generals. Only those that are left alive and those that are left... dead.   I'm glad I won't live to see it."