Author Topic: Macron invites Americans to flee to France after Trump chooses to exit Paris agreement (Video added)  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Macron invites Americans to flee to France after Trump chooses to exit Paris agreement
Washington Examiner, Jun 1, 2017, Daniel Chaitin

French President Emmanuel Macron offered Americans a "second homeland" in France to help "make our planet great again," a clear jab against President Trump after he announced that his administration will reject the Paris climate agreement.

In a short video posted online Thursday, Macron said that while he respects Trump's decision, it was a "mistake" for the U.S. to exit the international accord.

"Tonight, I wish to tell the United States: France believes in you. The world believes in you. I know that you are a great nation," Macron said.

He called on certain types, like scientists and "responsible citizens" who were disappointed by Trump's announcement, to come to France.

"I call on them. Come and work here with us. To work together on concrete solutions for our kind, our environment. I can assure you France will not give up the fight," Macron said.

Macron assured those who are skeptical of the Paris Agreement's future that the accord "remains irreversible and will be implemented" by those nations still committed to it.

"Make our planet great again," he concluded, a reference to Trump's campaign motto: "Make America great again."

More:  http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/macron-invites-americans-to-flee-to-france-after-trump-choose-to-exit-paris-agreement/article/2624750

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:19:16 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Oceander

Wingnut

It is always important to remember that the French have always been there when they needed us.

It is always important to remember that the French have always been there when they needed us.

888high58888

Offline Frank Cannon

This worked out well the last time a PM did this.....

The people are in revolt now over the influx of garbage.

Offline skeeter

Macron invites American investment capital, not Americans. Macron thinks Americans are simple.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:05:47 pm by skeeter »

Wingnut

This worked out well the last time a PM did this.....

The people are in revolt now over the influx of garbage.

Only thing worse than a Frenchman is a Frenchman who lives in Canada
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:05:03 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Applewood

Doesn't France tax the rich at some exorbitant rate like 90%? 

If so, I wonder why Macon failed to mention it.

Oceander

Doesn't France tax the rich at some exorbitant rate like 90%? 

If so, I wonder why Macon failed to mention it.

No.  The top marginal rate is currently 45%, which kicks in above EUR 152,260. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Did Macron ask his "mommy" if he could have people over? He is such a euroweenie and apparently has some psychological issues.
Principles matter. Words matter.

No.  The top marginal rate is currently 45%, which kicks in above EUR 152,260.

Does this include the 20% VAT?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Macron invites Americans to flee to France after Trump chooses to exit Paris agreement"

Haha, good one!

Wait!
Can we get some leftist/communist/students/snowflakes/democrats to take him up on it?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

LifeZette
by Margaret Menge
Updated 02 Jun 2017 at 6:23 PM

French President Emmanuel Macron is offering refuge to American liberals upset at President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris climate agreement.

In a video posted to Twitter, speaking in English, Macron said:

“I wish to tell the United States: France believes in you. The world believes in you. I know that you are a great nation. I know your history, our common history.”

“If you’re wondering how to get into France, you can either be a Syrian [jihadi] or an American climate scientist.”

“To all scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, responsible citizens who were disappointed by the decision of the president of the United States, I want to say that they will find in France a second homeland. I call them: Come and work here, with us, to work together on concrete solutions for our climate, our environment. I can assure you, France will not give up the fight.”

Macron also posted a picture to Twitter, with the words “Make Our Planet Great Again” on a green and blue background.

(MORE)
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/french-president-offers-refugee-status-u-s-liberals/

Of course the Libs won't go. They never do. But, we can always hope.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline thackney

But don't criticize nuclear power if you move to France.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Suppressed

But don't criticize nuclear power if you move to France.

Most of the global warmists I know warmly embrace nuclear.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gideon300

• Equal Opportunity Bigot
To all liberals:  please, PLEASE, take him up on this fine offer!  This is a great opportunity to go live in a country that espouses your values, believes in climate change, supports unlimited abortion (I think), turns a blind eye to rigged elections, loves Muslims and homosexuals, and will treat you they way you DESERVE to be treated!  No more Trump!  No more GUNS!  You can finally live in a wonderful rainbow-colored land surrounded by loving members of the Religion of Peace. 

Offline Gideon300

Only thing worse than a Frenchman is a Frenchman who lives in Canada

Diversity is NOT strength.  Diversity creates a fractured and fragmented society working against itself.  UNITY is strength!  When will the world understand this basic concept? 

Wingnut

Bird's of a feather.  The original surrender monkeys and American liberals.  Bless their cheese eating wine swilling pea soup snail sucking hearts.

Offline Gideon300

Macron invites Americans to flee to France after Trump chooses to exit Paris agreement
Washington Examiner, Jun 1, 2017, Daniel Chaitin

French President Emmanuel Macron offered Americans a "second homeland" in France to help "make our planet great again," a clear jab against President Trump after he announced that his administration will reject the Paris climate agreement.

In a short video posted online Thursday, Macron said that while he respects Trump's decision, it was a "mistake" for the U.S. to exit the international accord.

"Tonight, I wish to tell the United States: France believes in you. The world believes in you. I know that you are a great nation," Macron said.

He called on certain types, like scientists and "responsible citizens" who were disappointed by Trump's announcement, to come to France.

"I call on them. Come and work here with us. To work together on concrete solutions for our kind, our environment. I can assure you France will not give up the fight," Macron said.

Macron assured those who are skeptical of the Paris Agreement's future that the accord "remains irreversible and will be implemented" by those nations still committed to it.

"Make our planet great again," he concluded, a reference to Trump's campaign motto: "Make America great again."

More:  http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/macron-invites-americans-to-flee-to-france-after-trump-choose-to-exit-paris-agreement/article/2624750

To all liberals:  Here's your chance!  No more Trump!  No more GUNS!  Only rainbows, unicorns, universal acceptance of GLBTQs, and surrounded by loving members of the Religion of Peace!  Go!  Go, go, go..... 

Offline Gideon300

Bird's of a feather.  The original surrender monkeys and American liberals.  Bless their cheese eating wine swilling pea soup snail sucking hearts.

Now, now...hang on a sec.  I'm by no means a liberal, but I do appreciate an occasional nibble of Roquefort or Brie, and I like pea soup if I prepare it myself.  But wine is merely a bottled headache, and I can go forever without snails...

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

Has anyone started a list of libtards that must go?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Gideon300

Has anyone started a list of libtards that must go?

There's a long list somewhere of all who promised to leave if Trump was elected.  There's a very short list (zero?) of those who actually did.

Perhaps one: Maria Conchita Alonso.  She was selling her belongings a while back, but I never heard if she actually went to Venezuela or not.