Author Topic: Schumer: Trump tells Earth to 'drop dead'  (Read 3022 times)

Offline cato potatoe

Re: Schumer: Trump tells Earth to 'drop dead'
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2017, 12:27:56 pm »
CHINA

The media seem to have a blind spot when it comes to the details of this plan.  Developing countries continue to pollute for decades, while our industrial jobs naturally shift to the countries with cheaper energy.  Our emissions will be dwarfed and we'll be too poor to deal with the climatological effects.  The GOP should beat the Dems over the head with this.  It's worse than Obamacare.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2017, 12:40:28 pm »
Facts trump hysteria.   According to this morning's WSJ:

Energy intensity - the amount of energy necessary to create a dollar of gross national product - has plunged 58% in the U.S. since 1990, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.  Over the same period,  intensity declined merely 37% in OECD  Europe, 20% in Japan, 22%  in Mexico and 7% in Korea.

The fact is that economic growth creates the conditions for true virtue with respect to the environment - because it is growth that underwrites the technological progress that improves efficiency, reduces waste and creates the wealth necessary to address the consequences of climate change.   

The Paris Accords' only value is that of virtue-signaling.   But deeds trump words.   The United States has proven that it can create more wealth while using less resources.   It is folly for us to surrender our advantages, our prosperity and our sovereignty so China can keep on belching so much damn coal smoke their citizens wear masks while walking the street. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2017, 12:45:09 pm »

The fact is that economic growth creates the conditions for true virtue with respect to the environment - because it is growth that underwrites the technological progress that improves efficiency, reduces waste and creates the wealth necessary to address the consequences of climate change.   

The Paris Accords' only value is that of virtue-signaling.   But deeds trump words.   The United States has proven that it can create more wealth while using less resources.   It is folly for us to surrender our advantages, our prosperity and our sovereignty so China can keep on belching so much damn coal smoke their citizens wear masks while walking the street.
Exactly correct. The Paris Agreement was never as much about climate as it was about wealth redistribution, the largest target of which was, and is the United States. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2017, 12:52:03 pm »

That image from China reminded me of the days when Tokyo residents could purchase air from vending machines...(1960s)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2017, 12:58:35 pm »
That image from China reminded me of the days when Tokyo residents could purchase air from vending machines...(1960s)

I think they outdid themselves with those Used school girl panties machines.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2017, 01:07:05 pm »

Better quality air?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2017, 01:08:13 pm »
Better quality air?
Not as effective as an N-95 mask, I wouldn't think.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2017, 01:10:53 pm »
Better quality air?

I think it violates The Paris Accord. Ever since the country was selected as host for the 2020 Olympic Games, law enforcement officials have cracked down. Now, if school girls want to sell their used panties, or bodily fluids, they need to provide an ID showing they’re older than 18 and no longer enrolled in high school. I guess this adds to a more "musky" quality!

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2017, 01:14:38 pm »

Come on, now: that's not a real thing.... is it? Or have you been perusing too much Manga and animé?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2017, 01:16:20 pm »
Come on, now: that's not a real thing.... is it? Or have you been perusing too much Manga and animé?

Real as a heart attack!

Update:

While there are certainly vending machines that sell packaged girls’ underwear in bags stating ‘used’, they’re no longer actually used.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 01:18:10 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2017, 01:19:16 pm »
Real as a heart attack!

Update:

While there are certainly vending machines that sell packaged girls’ underwear in bags stating ‘used’, they’re no longer actually used.
Which? (The product or the machine?)

And what does this have to do with the thread topic?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 01:19:56 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2017, 01:32:45 pm »
Which? (The product or the machine?)

And what does this have to do with the thread topic?

Air quality. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2017, 01:41:27 pm »
Exactly correct. The Paris Agreement was never as much about climate as it was about wealth redistribution, the largest target of which was, and is the United States.

I have stated the same many times already!  Thanks for the reinforcement!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2017, 01:42:01 pm »

Online andy58-in-nh

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2017, 01:51:49 pm »

They are three kinds of weird over there....