Author Topic: Rachel Dolezal disinvited from Baltimore Book Festival after public backlash  (Read 1117 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Organizers for the Baltimore Book Festival announced Tuesday they disinvited Rachel Dolezal, the controversial white woman who represented herself as African American for years, to this year's event after receiving major public backlash.

Festival organizers released a statement on its Facebook page, citing reaction from attendees and authors as the reason for rescinding Dolezal's invitation.

"A top priority of the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts is to listen to our constituents, and after hearing from a cross-section of opinions on having Rachel Dolezal participate in this year’s festival, we had to consider how her appearance may affect both the audience and the other extraordinary authors we have planned for the Baltimore Book Festival," the statement read.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/31/rachel-dolezal-disinvited-from-baltimore-book-festival-after-public-backlash.html

Admit it, you were waiting with bated breath for the next episode of "Racial Holdall, Nutter at Large."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Suppressed

You mean, Nkechi Amare Diallo.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

You mean, Nkechi Amare Diallo.

Which is Swahili for “confused white women.”

rangerrebew

Rachel Dolezal Disinvited From Baltimore Book Festival
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 08:21:08 pm »
Rachel Dolezal Disinvited From Baltimore Book Festival

Posted By Davis Richardson On 8:38 AM 06/01/2017 In | No Comments

Notorious white woman formerly masquerading as African American president of the NAACP chapter in Spokane, Washington, Rachel Dolezal, was disinvited from the Baltimore Book Festival after public outrage.

Rather than quietly remove Dolezal from the lineup, festival organizers publicly disavowed her in a Facebook post, citing reaction from attendees and authors as the reason for rescinding the invitation.

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/01/rachel-dolezal-disinvited-from-baltimore-book-festival/

Offline Suppressed

@Wingnut   I never knew you knew Swahili.  Your translation skills are spot on!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

Seriously?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

Seriously?
:nometalk:

Nkechi Amare Diallo

Google it! 

Oceander

:nometalk:

Nkechi Amare Diallo

Google it! 

I can't right now. 

Wingnut

Rachel Dolezal who lied about being black has legally changed her name to a West African moniker meaning 'gift of god'

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Stockholm syndrome refers to a group of psychological symptoms that occur in some persons in a captive or hostage situation.