Author Topic: Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image Was His Dad  (Read 4048 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image Was His Dad
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2017, 01:44:19 am »
Griffin did cross a line, and much of the left is saying so too.   Even the New York Daily News condemned Griffin on its front page.

Griffin, though, is a fairly mainstream figure; the left may well believe this could be a bridge too far - proof that the "resistance" borders on fanatic, irrational hatred.   

As for Barron,  when I was eleven years old I read The Conscience of a Conservative.  Why wouldn't Barron be reading the news about his dad, the good and the bad?  But this?   Hell, when I read the story about Griffin's photo,  I didn't want to click on it.   Griffin posing like Jihadi John?   Hell, that the sickest of the sick.     

Let Kathy Griffin get painted as the face of today's left.  Or let her light send the roaches back scurrying under the fridge.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2017, 03:10:44 am »
Nope.  Trump has already told us a number of times how unbelievably clever the kid is.  Now, we're supposed to believe he's gullible?  It's one or the other.

Why would anyone jump on this kid?  I don't know if this story is true or not, but the image was sickening to anyone who saw it, much less a kid.

It had to look enough like Trump for Kathy's fans to get their kicks so I guess it was recognizable.

You are one sick puppy.  Oh, wait, you are a perfectly reasonable and nice human being.  (MODfear)
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2017, 03:12:49 am »
I think the relationship between he and his mother is such that she wouldn't allow him to see such things.

The way the story was presented was that the TV was on and the image suddenly appeared on some show or news station.

Mothers can't be everywhere.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2017, 03:35:06 am »
It had to look enough like Trump for Kathy's fans to get their kicks so I guess it was recognizable

Are you judging without having seen it?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2017, 03:38:45 am »
Are you judging without having seen it?

No.  I saw it.  Didn't you?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2017, 03:41:37 am »
Let Kathy Griffin get painted as the face of today's left. 

Exactly, along with black suited Antifa thugs in the streets.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2017, 03:44:21 am »
The way the story was presented was that the TV was on and the image suddenly appeared on some show or news station.

Mothers can't be everywhere.

Amazing how a liberal smears the President of the United States, the President of our Country, by publicly beheading him as some sick joke and somehow people are blaming the First Lady of the United States ... really?  What is wrong with people??  It used to be that the position of the President of the United States was revered ... oh that's right, that all went to hell when Billy Bob Clinton lied under oath about his sexcapade and never suffered any repercussions. That sent a very clear message and example to our youth and to the rest of the country ... if you're a liberal; lie, deny, degrade and never ever accept responsibility!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:45:06 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2017, 03:47:22 am »
....somehow people are blaming the First Lady of the United States ... really?  What is wrong with people?? 

How about when it comes not from a liberal, but an avowed nevertrump?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2017, 04:00:11 am »
I'm glad to see that CNN fired her.  Smart move for once on their part.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2017, 04:01:27 am »
How about when it comes not from a liberal, but an avowed nevertrump?

How about you go here. Read it again, paying very close attention to the second paragraph.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2017, 04:20:39 am »
Griffin is a skank. I remember how she acted about Palin and then slept with Bristol's ex. She has no morals. The best thing to happen was for her to lose the NYE job and have her own peers criticizing her. It won't change who she is but it may shut her up for awhile. If she wants to be "artsy" as she has claimed let us see her depict the beheading of the Palestine leader for example. But she wouldn't as she is a coward.

As far as blaming Melania. I don't blame her. I blame Griffin. I said I found it hard to believe because it always seemed to me that she was very protective of that boy and I was surprised, given the rancor towards her husband that she didn't more closely monitor what the child was watching. Should he be watching news good or bad about his father? IMO no. Some of the things Trump has said and done would not be something I'd want my child to hear about their father. Take the grabbing p**** comments for example. Its one thing to explain to a child the extremism of some people, their hatred and the problems in the media. However much of what Trump has said and done in the past is not something I'd want my 11 year old hearing about me. Also I wouldn't want my young son exposed to some of the photos his mother has posed for either. Years ago, before TV you didn't have to worry about that as much.

You have to be careful about what children are watching because even watching a show in prime time news breaks come on that are not appropriate for children. I would have been angry too but lesson learned. Her child is going to be under a lot more stress and is more vulnerable that most 11 year olds whose fathers are not POTUS. He can't be protected completely and kept in an ivory tower but the TV is something that the parents can control and that should be true for any child.

I have my own personal opinions about Melania Trump but I can't see that she has put a foot wrong as First Lady. It's her husband I have issues with. I also agree that the boy should be left alone just as the Clinton's daughter was protected.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2017, 05:39:20 am »
There is much more to this than whether he believed it was his fathers head.  Think about it.  In Mexico finding severed heads in certain area's happens all the time.  Syria, Iraq........  So even if he recognized that it wasn't real he may have taken it as a threat against his fathers life.  A warning.

Why would anyone do something like that.  I think she should be arrested for threatening the POTUS.

I may not always agree with Trump but severed heads are not funny.  In this day and age that looks like a threat.  Perhaps empty one but suggestive that the left wants the President dead.   
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2017, 09:50:51 am »
You are one sick puppy.  Oh, wait, you are a perfectly reasonable and nice human being.  (MODfear)

It's about the duplicity of his father, but I don't expect everyone to understand that - especially reactionary keyboarded warriors.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2017, 10:43:00 am »
No.  I saw it.  Didn't you?

I did see it. I didn't think it was funny, and if I was a ten year old child with my dad away overseas I'd have the same reaction too,

My first thought was of the late Daniel Pearl when I saw it. Hell no, I did not think it was funny and my heart cried for Barron Trump.

He's just a child for pete's sakes.  I hope he doesn't have nightmares over this. I know I did last night from seeing it.

I know it's silly, but I did pray for Barron last night. I don't care if you love or hate his dad, it just wasn't a nice thing to do to a child.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 10:44:04 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2017, 10:52:06 am »
I know it's silly, but I did pray for Barron last night.

Dear Freya - it is never silly to pray for the well-being of another.  Blessings.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Silver Pines

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2017, 11:05:45 am »
I did see it. I didn't think it was funny, and if I was a ten year old child with my dad away overseas I'd have the same reaction too,

My first thought was of the late Daniel Pearl when I saw it. Hell no, I did not think it was funny and my heart cried for Barron Trump.

He's just a child for pete's sakes.  I hope he doesn't have nightmares over this. I know I did last night from seeing it.

I know it's silly, but I did pray for Barron last night. I don't care if you love or hate his dad, it just wasn't a nice thing to do to a child.

@Freya

There's  nothing at all silly about that, Freya.  God wants us to pray for each other. 

I feel sorry for the kid, being thrust into center stage.  He comes across as rather shy, and it can't be something he really wanted.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2017, 11:09:03 am »
Dear Freya - it is never silly to pray for the well-being of another.  Blessings.

I just had nightmares for weeks after Daniel Pearl died. And Steven Sotloff was murdered on my birthday so I just cried and had nightmares and cancelled dinner and cake out of respect because how could you celebrate when that was all over the news?

Maybe I'm too sensitive I don't know, I see things differently. Could be the Aspergers  . Again, I don't know. I do know this crossed a line, at least to me. I don't care what her political affiliation is. Just not funny.

I don't want human beings to loose their humanity- their goodness.

Thank you Mr, @Lando Lincoln
@CatherineofAragon
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 11:09:37 am by Freya »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2017, 11:11:00 am »

My first thought was of the late Daniel Pearl when I saw it.

My first thought went to Mr. Pearl also - as it often does with each new beheading.  I vividly recall how most everyone recoiled in abject horror when it happened.  I remember newspeople and pundits like Mort Kondrake simply shocked and outraged at the event.  It remained in our collective consciousness for many days.

Now, we make "humor" of the horror.  Truly, a worst kind of horror.  We fabricate political effigies of beheadings.  We don't consider the horror, the trauma those images can cause - even to an eleven-year old boy.  And only rarely do we call people out over it.  We argue whether or not a young boy can cope, disregarding the deeper, vile ugliness on display.  We know nothing, really, of his ability to process the images.  We have become so desensitized. 

Griffin is a pathetic waste of humanity.  Her body of "work" certainly says so. 

In a day or so, there will be a new shiny object to gather our attention.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2017, 11:30:26 am »
My first thought went to Mr. Pearl also - as it often does with each new beheading.  I vividly recall how most everyone recoiled in abject horror when it happened.  I remember newspeople and pundits like Mort Kondrake simply shocked and outraged at the event.  It remained in our collective consciousness for many days.

Now, we make "humor" of the horror.  Truly, a worst kind of horror.  We fabricate political effigies of beheadings.  We don't consider the horror, the trauma those images can cause - even to an eleven-year old boy.  And only rarely do we call people out over it.  We argue whether or not a young boy can cope, disregarding the deeper, vile ugliness on display.  We know nothing, really, of his ability to process the images.  We have become so desensitized. 

You are so right. JFK would have been 100 this week. I've been noticing around the millenium hearing lots of jokes about the grassy knoll, Oswald and Ruby in mainstream TV shows, movies and what not. I never found them funny. Now I'm starting to hear jokes about the Manson victims on tv, Richard Speck...Kent State....Jonestown...I guess so much time has passed  it's ok to make fun out of these things.

Or it's that part of us that wants to laugh instead of cry when the news is so bad we can't process it. Why else do people rubberneck at highway accidents?

Back in the day people attended executions. They did in the Roman colosseums and they did during the French Revolution, like Madame DeFarge or watched them on Tower Greeen inLondon.
I thought we were evolving. I don't know. Now we have the Kardashians as our bread and circuses, I don't know which is worse  :thud:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 11:37:47 am by Freya »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2017, 01:00:34 pm »
Or it's that part of us that wants to laugh instead of cry when the news is so bad we can't process it?

Dark, gallows humor has been analyzed by some to be a form of control over dire or hopeless circumstances.  A great example was Reagan's  'I hope you're all Republicans' quip to the doctors at GW Hospital after being shot.  Sometimes, it even enters the lexicon, such as 'drinking the Kool-aid' from Jonestown.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Silver Pines

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2017, 01:02:19 pm »
@Freya   

That's a lot of food for thought right there.

Personally...I think rather than evolving, we're in a constant struggle to rise above our human nature.  And that's like climbing a steep hill and continuously sliding backwards.  My husband's grandmother said that one must guard against letting the heart become hard as life goes on.

People are making jokes about Manson's victims?  Good Lord.

❤️ Freya

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2017, 01:06:44 pm »
@Freya

There's  nothing at all silly about that, Freya.  God wants us to pray for each other. 

I feel sorry for the kid, being thrust into center stage.  He comes across as rather shy, and it can't be something he really wanted.

The kid has been overly protected and sheltered from reality to the point that seeing that image on tv would have scared the daylights out of him.  I can see that.   And that's even without the possibility of him being autistic.  And boys do mature more slowly than females, so he's only about eight or nine maturity-wise. 

I just find it ironic that so many sanctimonious lefties, that pretend to care so much about the cheeeldren, don't give a rat's hind end if/when it concerns the child of a political opponent or enemy of theirs.  Then it's 'anything goes' re: the criticism and attacks.  As usual, the hypocrisy of the left reeks.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:07:26 pm by XenaLee »
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2017, 01:10:04 pm »

By their fruits, ye shall know them.  (Matthew 7:20)

Griffin is just one of the demonic among us.  And they are emboldened.
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.