Author Topic: North Korea warns of bigger 'gift package' to US after missile test  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

North Korea warns of bigger 'gift package' to US after missile test
Fox News, May 30, 2017

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un warned Tuesday of sending a bigger "gift package" to the United States after successfully launching its third missile test in recent weeks.

North Korea's official KCNA news agency quoted the rogue leader, saying that Pyongyang would continue to develop its missile program in preparation for a possible attack, Reuters reported.

"He expressed the conviction that it would make a greater leap forward in this spirit to send a bigger 'gift package' to the Yankees," KCNA added.

North Korea launched a short-range Scud ballistic missile from the eastern coastal town of Wonsan late Sunday. The missile flew for six minutes until it landed in the Sea of Japan, a statement from U.S. Pacific Command in Hawaii said.

Kim has vowed to develop a nuclear-armed missile with the capability of reaching U.S. soil. Though it's believed that the communist nation is still several years away from that goal, the continued tests, despite pressure and threats from global powers to halt them, shows its determination to develop that capability.

On Tuesday, the U.S. military is expected to test for the first time a interceptor missile — used to shoot down a intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM).

More: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/05/30/north-korea-warns-bigger-gift-package-to-us-after-missile-test.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline goodwithagun

North Korea warns of bigger 'gift package' to US after missile test
Fox News, May 30, 2017

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un warned Tuesday of sending a bigger "gift package" to the United States after successfully launching its third missile test in recent weeks.

North Korea's official KCNA news agency quoted the rogue leader, saying that Pyongyang would continue to develop its missile program in preparation for a possible attack, Reuters reported.

"He expressed the conviction that it would make a greater leap forward in this spirit to send a bigger 'gift package' to the Yankees," KCNA added.

North Korea launched a short-range Scud ballistic missile from the eastern coastal town of Wonsan late Sunday. The missile flew for six minutes until it landed in the Sea of Japan, a statement from U.S. Pacific Command in Hawaii said.

Kim has vowed to develop a nuclear-armed missile with the capability of reaching U.S. soil. Though it's believed that the communist nation is still several years away from that goal, the continued tests, despite pressure and threats from global powers to halt them, shows its determination to develop that capability.

On Tuesday, the U.S. military is expected to test for the first time a interceptor missile — used to shoot down a intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM).

More: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/05/30/north-korea-warns-bigger-gift-package-to-us-after-missile-test.html

Is he admitting his current "gift package" isn't large enough?  :pondering:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Yes he wants one that can destroy America.    Now thats FUNNY!!
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Wingnut

I don't think the lil fat un has seen his package or his toes in years.

Offline goodwithagun

I don't think the lil fat un has seen his package or his toes in years.

Now we know why he's called 'Lil Kim  :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Gideon300

• Equal Opportunity Bigot
Yes he wants one that can destroy America.    Now thats FUNNY!!

NOTHING is funny when you're dealing with a psychotic megalomaniac.  I believe Kim is mostly bluster at the moment, but once he gets his arsenal to a satisfactory size and power his ego will not allow him NOT to use it.  And NOBODY seems too interested in stopping the little dork!

Offline driftdiver

NOTHING is funny when you're dealing with a psychotic megalomaniac.  I believe Kim is mostly bluster at the moment, but once he gets his arsenal to a satisfactory size and power his ego will not allow him NOT to use it.  And NOBODY seems too interested in stopping the little dork!

@Gideon300

The launch before this one reached an altitude of 1163  miles.  The purpose of the launch appears to be to test their reentry vehicle.  Transmissions from the vehicle were observed until shortly before it landed.  The South Korean govt called it successful.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Our missile interceptor system will allow us to blow up the little nutjob's package when he tries to send it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:58:08 am by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

Never blow off someone who says they want to kill you. This little b*stards words alone should have earned him a shiv in the base of his fat skull by now.

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: North Korea warns of bigger 'gift package' to US after missile test
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 01:06:58 pm »
Our missile interceptor system will allow us to blow up the little nutjob's package when he tries to send it.

I wish I could be that confident. The test yesterday was all planned How fast can we respond to an unplanned event. How much time is needed?  Our missile defense has a lot of catching up to do.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 01:14:41 pm »
I wish I could be that confident. The test yesterday was all planned How fast can we respond to an unplanned event. How much time is needed?  Our missile defense has a lot of catching up to do.

Practice practice practice!

Offline Gideon300

• Equal Opportunity Bigot
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 01:50:22 pm »

I agree.  In my military experience it seems there were small pockets of cutting-edge technology, and some beyond, but the rank and file made do with archaic equipment and methods, especially in communications and crypto.  In some stations as late as the 1980s-90s highly classified information was being processed on gussied-up versions of the old German Enigma cipher machine.  Also, military activity was frequently hamstrung by politics and military/political bureaucracy, with high-ranking officers frequently tying up top level circuits to arrange golf outings and cocktail parties.  Of course this was a long time ago, and things do change, but I doubt bureaucracy and politics have changed much for the better.

Americans have always been capable of rallying to the call when attacked (with perhaps 9/11 the exception), but I don't believe the US military is anywhere near ready to launch an effective non-nuclear response to a first strike.  May I be wrong.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 02:01:03 pm »
I agree.  In my military experience it seems there were small pockets of cutting-edge technology, and some beyond, but the rank and file made do with archaic equipment and methods, especially in communications and crypto.  In some stations as late as the 1980s-90s highly classified information was being processed on gussied-up versions of the old German Enigma cipher machine.  Also, military activity was frequently hamstrung by politics and military/political bureaucracy, with high-ranking officers frequently tying up top level circuits to arrange golf outings and cocktail parties.  Of course this was a long time ago, and things do change, but I doubt bureaucracy and politics have changed much for the better.

The military is hugely (bigly?) inefficient!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 03:37:31 pm »

Americans have always been capable of rallying to the call when attacked (with perhaps 9/11 the exception), but I don't believe the US military is anywhere near ready to launch an effective non-nuclear response to a first strike.  May I be wrong.

The sheer scope of the effort is tremendous.   The last rocket they launched was in the air for 6 minutes.   At most you'd have about 30 minutes to respond to an ICBM.   That means any response force has to be on high alert ALL the time and the ability to shoot within that time frame.   All without making any mistakes.  And oh by the way we're right next door to China  and not too far from Russia while doing this.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 04:31:34 pm »
Well L'il Kim, we got MANY and VERY LARGE gift packages that we can send your way. After that you will need no more gifts ever again, because you will be the man who has it all. And they are gifts that keep on giving.

I'm starting to think L'il Kim is one of those that wants to see it all just burn.
The Republic is lost.