Author Topic: Al Franken: Kathy Griffin can recover from 'horrible mistake'  (Read 1191 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Al Franken: Kathy Griffin can recover from 'horrible mistake'

By Eugene Scott, CNN

Updated 11:25 AM ET, Wed May 31, 2017

CNN)Kathy Griffin can recover from the controversy over her photo shoot that featured her holding up a bloody head resembling President Donald Trump, Sen. Al Franken said Wednesday.

"I think she did the right thing asking for forgiveness and acknowledging that this was a horrible mistake, so I think she can," the Minnesota Democrat and former "Saturday Night Live" writer told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day."

more
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/31/politics/kathy-griffin-al-franken-photo-cnntv/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Al Franken: Kathy Griffin can recover from 'horrible mistake'
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 04:40:53 pm »
Not in my mind. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 04:41:29 pm »

I think some democrats realize their ship might stay sunk, if they can't stop acting like street thugs, etc.

Following the violent 1968 democrat convention in Chicago, they lost the next 5 of 6 Presidential elections.

"Liberal" was a dirty word, so they came up with "progressive," instead. I for one, don't want them to wise up.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 04:42:55 pm »
It wasn't a mistake, it was quite purposeful. Now everybody's talking about a D list celeb that hasn't been in the news cycle since New Years Eve. She got exactly what she wanted: publicity.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 04:48:07 pm »
The GOP's best strategy in 2018 may be to make the election a referendum on liberals seeking to overturn the expressed will of the people,  by any means necessary (including, in some liberals' fantasies, to have the President beheaded ISIS-style).   

There is a threat to American democracy here,  and it's not coming from President Trump.  Never before has the losing party failed to respect the results of the election -  because to do so is to disrespect the people. 

Liberals think we're so much garbage.  Well, then, let's take out the trash.     
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 04:49:29 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline jpsb

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 04:49:53 pm »

"I think she did the right thing asking for forgiveness and acknowledging that this was a horrible mistake, so I think she can,"

Mistake? This was planned rehearsed and recorded.  Then the recording was reviewed and possible edited. The mistake was Kathy Griffin thinking that a ceremonial beheading of a sitting president was in any sense acceptable.  This just serves to show everyone how depraved she and anyone defending her is. And that includes Al.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 06:53:03 pm »
Not in my mind.

He's probably right.  Just look at Al Franken's career as a comedian.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 07:06:01 pm »
The GOP's best strategy in 2018 may be to make the election a referendum on liberals seeking to overturn the expressed will of the people,  by any means necessary (including, in some liberals' fantasies, to have the President beheaded ISIS-style).   

There is a threat to American democracy here,  and it's not coming from President Trump.  Never before has the losing party failed to respect the results of the election -  because to do so is to disrespect the people. 

Liberals think we're so much garbage.  Well, then, let's take out the trash.   

Can't disagree at all.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 07:39:18 pm »

(I'm sorry.   It had to be done.)
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 12:47:46 am »
I'm repeating myself from the other thread but nobody is talking about Seth Rich today, is this taking one for the team? Despite trying to paint those looking at the SR case as loons, perhaps they weren't winning the PR battle.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2017, 02:03:43 am »
Al Franken did not make the mistake.  Look where he is.

It is the people of Minnesota who have lost their collective minds.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 02:20:58 am »
Al Franken did not make the mistake.  Look where he is.

It is the people of Minnesota who have lost their collective minds.

He's making a 'fatal' mistake.

Picture Melania making a campaign video of him supporting Griffin....pleading for "...the good People of Minnesota to remove this cancer from the Senate!"

....wearing her Dolce Gabbana   

...and 3-1/2 inch heels.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2017, 12:42:52 pm »
He's making a 'fatal' mistake.

Picture Melania making a campaign video of him supporting Griffin....pleading for "...the good People of Minnesota to remove this cancer from the Senate!"

....wearing her Dolce Gabbana   

...and 3-1/2 inch heels.
Nah, if this picture still got him elected, the people will still vote for him.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington