Author Topic: Mark Zuckerberg's crusade against nationalism  (Read 461 times)

rangerrebew

Mark Zuckerberg's crusade against nationalism
« on: May 31, 2017, 11:41:35 am »
Mark Zuckerberg's crusade against nationalism
by Michael Barone | May 30, 2017, 2:45 PM

"This is the struggle of our time," declared Facebook billionaire Mark Zuckerberg in his Harvard commencement speech last week. Who are the contestants in his view? "The forces of freedom, openness and global community against the forces of authoritarianism, isolationism and nationalism. Forces for the flow of knowledge, trade and immigration against those who would slow them down. This is not a battle of nations, it's a battle of ideas. There are people in every country for global connection and good people against it."

Zuckerberg is generating publicity about his project of visiting all of the 50 states — a worthy endeavor, one that I completed myself when I landed in Ted Stevens Airport in Anchorage, Alaska, in February 1998. Some think he may be planning to run for president — something not obviously more unthinkable than if you had imagined, back in 2014, that Donald Trump was planning to run for president.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/mark-zuckerbergs-crusade-against-nationalism/article/2624461
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 11:42:23 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: Mark Zuckerberg's crusade against nationalism
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 02:28:28 pm »
Forces for the flow of knowledge, trade and immigration

Gotta have his cheap Indian coders and Mexican gardeners and nannies.

Offline skeeter

Re: Mark Zuckerberg's crusade against nationalism
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 02:37:02 pm »
Says the guy who pissed off his neighbors for putting up a Big F'ing Wall around his Hawaiian estate.

One very wealthy, hypocritical nerd.