Author Topic: CNN Touts Need to Remove Beef from Diet to Fight Climate Change  (Read 3334 times)

rangerrebew

CNN Touts Need to Remove Beef from Diet to Fight Climate Change
Posted on May 30, 2017 by admin

Even if you drive a hybrid car, install solar panels on your house, maintain a compost pile in your backyard, and collect rainwater for reuse, you’re still contributing to climate change if you eat beef, according to proponents of climate change ideology.

A May 15 CNN slideshow/article titled, “These are the most climate-damaging foods,” discussed a Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) report and the list of ten foods NRDC said most significantly contribute to climate change “based on emissions associated with producing them.” The caption for the first photo in CNN’s slideshow said: “Beef is widely recognized as the most climate-damaging of all foods.”

http://truepundit.com/cnn-com-touts-need-to-remove-beef-from-diet-to-fight-climate-change/
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:17:49 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline mountaineer

Re: CNN Touts Need to Remove Beef from Diet to Fight Climate Change
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 03:49:21 pm »
What? I got distracted.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 03:54:10 pm »
The Left will never stop.

Never.

Not even after we have been transformed into something worse than North Korea.

These people would love to exterminate millions of us via starvation and other means if they had the power to do so.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 03:54:33 pm »

Good.  Maybe the price will come down a tad.  I imagine most envirowhackos don't eat steak anyway.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 03:56:35 pm »
Good.  Maybe the price will come down a tad.  I imagine most envirowhackos don't eat steak anyway.

I'll reserve judgement till mirraflake weighs in on the subject.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 03:57:16 pm »
Good for you, CNN.  Y'all try it and let us know how it works out.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 04:03:38 pm »

Were they able to tie the story to the Trump-Russia investigation?  I didn't know they ever talked about anything else these days.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 04:13:31 pm »
I'll reserve judgement till mirraflake weighs in on the subject.

Nope

- MOD3
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 05:21:19 pm by MOD3 »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 04:20:46 pm »
Were they able to tie the story to the Trump-Russia investigation?  I didn't know they ever talked about anything else these days.

Of course there is a connection. Exhibit A. below, shows the Globull Warming area, near where Trump's group flew by last week.

SIL Jared is looking to buy up grazing land cheap, in the region.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 04:45:40 pm »
This thread is intetesting.  I think I'll respond to CNN by going to the store for a couple of good steaks.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 04:59:30 pm »
Nope

- MOD3
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 05:21:57 pm by MOD3 »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 05:04:57 pm »
Nope

- MOD3
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 05:22:26 pm by MOD3 »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 05:53:57 pm »
Did CNN  also mention that charcoal grilling your steaks gives you cancer?  Seems every holiday some news reader on some TV station brings up that nonsense. 

I think these stories come from miserable people who are dedicated to making everyone else miserable. 

debrawiest

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 06:01:55 pm »
Our local golf course clubhouse serves the best hamburgers I think I've ever tasted.  Now I'm craving one. Thanks, CNN.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 06:05:45 pm »
I guess they want the cattle to multiply and starve to death?
We raise cattle for food, what do they propose we do with them all?

Back in the 70's, a biology teacher told me that a northern state (Wisconsin?) banned deer hunting.
After a while, the deer overpopulated and had all sorts of health issues, along with starvation.
40+ years later, I saw a report that the deer population there never really recovered, and still has health issues.

So they are worried about the methane.
Imagine all the methane released if they all started dying off around the same time frame?

I think I'll have a rib-eye, and later on this week, smoke a brisket.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 06:07:03 pm »
Did CNN  also mention that charcoal grilling your steaks gives you cancer?  Seems every holiday some news reader on some TV station brings up that nonsense. 

I think these stories come from miserable people who are dedicated to making everyone else miserable.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. " - C.S. Lewis.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 06:08:12 pm »
Yeah, but this story isn't about cattle or global warming.  Just a specific earthquake with possible implications for other earthquakes. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 06:10:34 pm »

IIRC For that to happen the price of corn will need to come down so the cattle ranchers and feed lots can increase their herds.  Right now corn is being diverted to make ethanol instead of animal feed...she the price is high for beef because the feedlots are seeing smaller herds.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 06:11:28 pm »

They enviroweenies are also against using a charcoal grill because of the air pollution.  *****rollingeyes*****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 06:17:59 pm »
IIRC For that to happen the price of corn will need to come down so the cattle ranchers and feed lots can increase their herds.  Right now corn is being diverted to make ethanol instead of animal feed...she the price is high for beef because the feedlots are seeing smaller herds.

No doubt there.  But supply/demand also dictates market pricing.  Thus my comment.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 06:18:34 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2017, 06:19:25 pm »

No doubt there.  But supply/demand also dictates market pricing.  Thus my comment.

Indeed...more demand than there is supply.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 06:29:43 pm »
What is it with these lefties and their bovine animus.
First it was algore and his cow flatulence causes global warming and now this.

Are there no sacred cows anymore?

Barba non facit philosophum.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 06:36:14 pm »

CNN just can not stand people enjoying the best tasting animal on the planet.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2017, 06:41:40 pm »

According to the lefties, Animals...to include cows...have the same rights as you or I do to exist on this planet and it's cruel and inhumane to eat them. They even believe that the simple act of milking a cow is cruel and unusual punishment for the animal.

Remember these Animal Rights idiots are the same ones that sued the producers of Survivor during their first season because some of the people playing the game caught and fried some rather large rats that were inhabiting the island.

Wingnut

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2017, 06:41:45 pm »
They enviroweenies are also against using a charcoal grill because of the air pollution.  *****rollingeyes*****

Didn't they outlaw charcoal grilling in parts of Cali some time back?