Author Topic: White House Acts to Roll Back Birth-Control Mandate for Religious Employers  (Read 1076 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
White House Acts to Roll Back Birth-Control Mandate for Religious Employers
The New York Times By ROBERT PEAR

WASHINGTON — Federal officials, following through on a pledge by President Trump, have drafted a rule to roll back a federal requirement that many religious employers provide birth control coverage in health insurance plans.

The mandate for free contraceptive coverage was one of the most hotly contested Obama administration policies adopted under the Affordable Care Act, and it generated scores of lawsuits by employers that had religious objections to it.

On its website, the White House Office of Management and Budget said it is reviewing an “interim final rule” to relax the requirement, a step that would all but ensure a court challenge by women’s rights groups.

Read more at: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-acts-to-roll-back-birth-control-mandate-for-religious-employers/ar-BBBEfQM?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Offline Applewood

Now that would be something I could praise Trump about. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Rightly so!  And I would happily join you!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Exactly
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ConstitutionRose

Likewise.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I'd love to see this happen..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Isn't it interesting how those who -- in other discussions -- would lambast Mr. Trump for something he said or tweeted, have praise here?

Really, how much has this administration actually -done-, or at least tried to do (without being hamstrung by the courts or by the [Republican-dominated] Congress) that has NOT been "in the general direction" of what traditional-minded folks want...?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 01:32:47 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Applewood

No pleasing Trump fans. 

Contrary to what Trump fans say, I for one don't hate the guy.   I said all along that I would be delighted to be proven wrong about Trump. So of course,  when he does right, I will be pleased and celebrate right along with his supporters. 

But Trump's good deeds are constantly being overshadowed by his pathological need for drama.  Today he has done something good. He is behaving like a leader. But there is this continuing expectation that tomorrow he'll post something stupid on Twitter.  Or maybe he will decide to commit to the Paris climate change accord.  I just can't trust him. 

It's a shame Trump can't control himself or find someone to keep him under control.  He has the potential to be an outstanding president.  But he is a constant victim of himself. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Isn't it interesting how those who -- in other discussions -- would lambast Mr. Trump for something he said or tweeted, have praise here?

Really, how much has this administration actually -done-, or at least tried to do (without being hamstrung by the courts or by the [Republican-dominated] Congress) that has NOT been "in the general direction" of what traditional-minded folks want...?

Maybe that's because as many of us have stated before...we will praise him when he does something good and / or Conservative... and hold his feet to the fire when he reverts to his NY Values.

Nothing funny or ironic about it.

To answer your second question...they haven't done much.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

Maybe that's because as many of us have stated before...we will praise him when he does something good and / or Conservative... and hold his feet to the fire when he reverts to his NY Values.

Nothing funny or ironic about it.

To answer your second question...they haven't done much.

Exactly.   

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
No pleasing Trump fans. 

Contrary to what Trump fans say, I for one don't hate the guy.   I said all along that I would be delighted to be proven wrong about Trump. So of course,  when he does right, I will be pleased and celebrate right along with his supporters. 

But Trump's good deeds are constantly being overshadowed by his pathological need for drama.  Today he has done something good. He is behaving like a leader. But there is this continuing expectation that tomorrow he'll post something stupid on Twitter.  Or maybe he will decide to commit to the Paris climate change accord.  I just can't trust him. 

It's a shame Trump can't control himself or find someone to keep him under control.  He has the potential to be an outstanding president.  But he is a constant victim of himself.

@Applewood

I agree with you to a certain extent but i also think the hostile media greatly exaggerates some of what he does.  Things which would normally be ignored are blown up into major issues.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.