Author Topic: Mary Kay Letourneau Splits from Former Student More Than 20 Years After Illicit Affair  (Read 1444 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: PEOPLE

URL: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/mary-kay-letourneau-splits-from-former-student-more-than-20-years-after-illicit-affair/ar-BBBGXXY?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP

Mary Kay Letourneau and husband Vili Fualaau, with whom she began a sexual relationship when he was her sixth-grade student in Seattle in 1996, have legally separated and a reconciliation seems unlikely, PEOPLE confirms.

"They’ve been having issues for awhile now," says a source close to the couple. "They tried to work through them, but it didn’t work. They’re still committed to being good parents to their children."

There is no third-party involved in the relationship, the source says.

Their initial affair - while Letourneau was a 34-year-old mother of four and Fualaau was 13 - ignited national controversy. After the relationship was revealed, Letourneau pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree child rape and served seven-and-a-half years in prison.

She and Fualaau married in May 2005 after she was released, and they have two children.

The couple’s first child, Georgia, was born while Letourneau was behind bars.

They sat down for a wide-ranging interview in 2015, with ABC News’ Barbara Walters, where they discussed their relationship, marriage and parenting. Letourneau revealed then that she would like to get her name taken off the sex offender registry.

"There is a story of us that has a life of its own, but it’s not our story," she told Walters.

When Walters asked Fualaau how he’d feel if the girls came home and said they were sleeping with their teacher, he responded, "I don’t support younger kids being married or having a relationship with someone older. I don’t support it."

Offline SirLinksALot

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 09:24:26 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
She is the daughter of a once renowned "true conservative," and Presidential candidate. rep. John Schmitz.

It eventually turned out that despite his image as a highly moral, Catholic, he had two children out of wedlock, and refused to financially support them.

In my area. This guy and plenty of others like him, disabused me of the fantasy of "morality," among public figures.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_G._Schmitz
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

He's 33, she's 54.  I imagine there are problems from that. 

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
She is the daughter of a once renowned "true conservative," and Presidential candidate. rep. John Schmitz.

It eventually turned out that despite his image as a highly moral, Catholic, he had two children out of wedlock, and refused to financially support them.

In my area. This guy and plenty of others like him, disabused me of the fantasy of "morality," among public figures.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_G._Schmitz

@truth_seeker

I took a philosophy class from him in the fall of 1963 at Santa Ana College.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 10:29:37 pm by Machiavelli »

Wingnut

That and the six kids...

Not sure of his 4 step kids sex but maybe he is banging one of them on the side?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 10:41:48 pm by Wingnut »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@truth_seeker

I took a philosophy class from him in the fall of 1963 at Santa Ana College.
My folks lived in San Clemente before, during and after the Nixon years. Schmitz was their Congressman.

Schmitz' extremism was too much for my mother, I'm certain.

Anyway in the end, he proved to be an embarrassment to conservatism, in my view.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Pretty long marriage.

Wingnut

Pretty long marriage.

Yep, Pretty much like a life sentence for him.

Offline SirLinksALot

She's "Only" 21 years older then him. The President of France on the other hand, is married to a woman who is 24 years older !!

Wingnut

The President of France on the other hand, is married to a woman who is 24 years older !!

Yeah but how old is his mistress?

Online Lando Lincoln

I'm heartbroken.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck