Author Topic: John Boehner walks back Trump 'disaster' remarks  (Read 897 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

John Boehner walks back Trump 'disaster' remarks
« on: May 31, 2017, 08:07:33 pm »
Washington Examiner, May 31, 2017, Al Weaver

Former House Speaker John Boehner walked back comments from last week where he called the Trump presidency's opening months a "complete disaster," and claimed he was talking about the execution of his agenda rather than his policies.

"Let me address this because some people have gotten carried away in their interpretation of what I said. Listen, Donald Trump is my friend. He was my supporter. I play golf with him and frankly I like the president. I voted for him. I want him and frankly I want the country to succeed," Boehner said of his comments last week. "But I've seen some people write — I think they've gotten a little carried away in their interpretation of what I said."

"I did not say that the president's policies were a disaster. I did not say that the president's agenda was a disaster," he said in an address before the Council of Insurance Agents and Brokers Employee Leadership Forum in Colorado Springs. "What I was referring to was the execution of the president's agenda and the president's policies. And frankly I think there have been a number of missteps, unforced errors that the president has made and I think the White House would agree that they've had their share of mistakes as the president learns to be the president."

The remarks were first reported by Politico.

More:  http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/john-boehner-walks-back-trump-disaster-remarks/article/2624570

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: John Boehner walks back Trump 'disaster' remarks
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 08:43:30 pm »
Perfectly timed "explanation" so he'd have something newsworthy to say at a paid speech.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 09:47:01 pm »
With Boehner and Kasich the leaders of the Republican party in Ohio, no wonder Jerry Springer is mulling a bid to run for governor there.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 11:23:55 pm »
With Boehner and Kasich the leaders of the Republican party in Ohio, no wonder Jerry Springer is mulling a bid to run for governor there.

Do you think Jerry will throw his hat into the ring @IsailedawayfromFR ??

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 05:51:50 am »

I don't think he walked it back as much as his gin soaked leathery body staggered it back.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 05:56:18 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 06:28:05 am »

I don't think he walked it back as much as his gin soaked leathery body staggered it back.

I thought he did a pretty good job of staggering it back. And blaming Congress.  So, now he has to stagger an apology to Congress.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 06:47:30 am »
Nobody on the right or the left care what Boehner says.  Nobody.