Author Topic: Liberals Are Shocked To Find We’re Starting To Hate Them Right Back  (Read 12663 times)

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Liberals Are Shocked To Find We’re Starting To Hate Them Right Back
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2017, 08:47:01 pm »

Big humping Microwave gun.   Something that can kick out gigawatt pulses of energy and fry their circuits. 

Of course that makes you detectable by other machines,   and they will toss an  AARM at you.

Wouldn't work.  Unless you can target them it wouldn't have the effect you want.  And the whole concept is that you can lose a bunch of them without degrading their capability to accomplish their mission.  The microwave weapons you're thinking of aren't like an EMP pulse, but are directed.  Now, if you could jam their data links, you might have something.  Or even better, spoof them and subvert the drones.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #151 on: May 31, 2017, 08:54:41 pm »
I would love for the Norks to be the guinea pig for the new rail gun system the Navy is developing.

It would still be delivered/fired from a certain vulnerable position, right?

No, my bet is orbital lasers...with a myriad of applications.

If I'm writing the script, it's the only kind of weapon system that would be vulnerable to one or two other countries.  I wouldn't divulge it on a limited threat like North Korea.

Is the rail gun fired from sea?  From an A-130?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #152 on: May 31, 2017, 09:20:05 pm »
Wouldn't work.  Unless you can target them it wouldn't have the effect you want.

Well then let's target them with it,  shall we?   :)

And the whole concept is that you can lose a bunch of them without degrading their capability to accomplish their mission.  The microwave weapons you're thinking of aren't like an EMP pulse, but are directed.  he microwave weapons you're thinking of aren't like an EMP pulse, but are directed. 

Yes I know.   You point it in the direction of the incoming drones. 

You can also build one that radiates omnidirectionally,   but for a given power it would have much shorter range than a directed device. 

Now, if you could jam their data links, you might have something.  Or even better, spoof them and subvert the drones.

Not at all.   Nowadays they can build autonomous kill drones that will attack anything putting off the right type of heat.    They don't need to communicate back to a central controller.    They are even talking about drone mines.   Something that will park itself in a tree to rest,  recharge with solar panels,  and wait for a warm body  to come traipsing by.   

« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 09:21:01 pm by DiogenesLamp »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2017, 09:29:36 pm »
It would still be delivered/fired from a certain vulnerable position, right?

No, my bet is orbital lasers...with a myriad of applications.

If I'm writing the script, it's the only kind of weapon system that would be vulnerable to one or two other countries.  I wouldn't divulge it on a limited threat like North Korea.

Is the rail gun fired from sea?  From an A-130?

Far out at sea and very fast.

https://www.wired.com/2014/04/electromagnetic-railgun-launcher/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2017, 09:58:56 pm »
If folks knew what was actually FDA approved in their medicine cabinet, they wouldn't even flush it down a storm drain.

They'd call a Hazmat team.

@To-Whose-Benefit?
I wouldn't doubt it, but not really my thing... I got ill a while back, and by the end of it, my body was kicking back just about everything, including western meds. Real big trouble getting any kind of effectiveness out of any over the counter, or prescription drug. Went back to hillbilly medicines, folk medicine, and essential oils...

Not only did the medicines work, and work well, a whole bunch of my originating illness began to recede. The western meds were literally making me sicker. Now, since then, I think my body is largely restored to balance, and native flora reestablished... I can digest about anything again. So no doubt, western meds would have effectiveness again too.

But I don't use them, if I can help it... You'd be hard pressed to even find store-bought cough medicine or aspirin in this house... And I am better for it.

LOL! One could say, I've gone back to my roots.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2017, 10:41:45 pm »

Maybe .00005% of the population is making their own drugs.

@mirraflake

And too bad for the rest. Really.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2017, 10:43:53 pm »

They don't shoot back,   they fly into you and explode.    They cost 20-30 dollars.   Cheap compared to your life. 

Not in deep brush they don't.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #157 on: June 01, 2017, 12:04:00 am »

Your body gives off a heat signature and they will track you from the air like a police helicopter tracking a running criminal from the helicopter and then fire a missile heat guided at you that won't miss.

@roamer_1

Wingnut

« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2017, 12:08:02 am »

Or the mud

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 06:47:51 pm by Wingnut »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2017, 12:35:51 am »
Sometimes I think that China is goading North Korea to screw with us, so that they might see what kind of war goodies we have in our arsenal.
May be good for us to not just practice anyway, just like with Saddam.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2017, 02:18:10 am »
Your body gives off a heat signature and they will track you from the air like a police helicopter tracking a running criminal from the helicopter and then fire a missile heat guided at you that won't miss.

@mirraflake
Yeah, mebbe so - I don't believe it to be insurmountable, and I don't really care - Because if the choice is to submit to chains or die free, the answer is self evident.

I'll go to the sticks and rely on God, and if that ain't enough, at least I will die free. I'm alright with that.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 02:19:06 am by roamer_1 »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #161 on: June 02, 2017, 06:13:01 pm »

So long as you remain hiding in the sticks and don't bother them,   they might leave you alone...  for awhile. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DB

« Reply #162 on: June 02, 2017, 08:49:02 pm »

So long as you remain hiding in the sticks and don't bother them,   they might leave you alone...  for awhile.

I don't know why you are assuming the military drones will only be controlled from the cities. Most of the bases these are launched from are not in or even near the large cities. And many of the drone makers actual production facilities are all over the place. The relatively small town I live near designs and manufactures military type drones. In addition many of the machined parts for these type products are made around here too. Even the Mars rover's wheels where made nearby.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2017, 09:07:32 pm »
I don't know why you are assuming the military drones will only be controlled from the cities. Most of the bases these are launched from are not in or even near the large cities. And many of the drone makers actual production facilities are all over the place. The relatively small town I live near designs and manufactures military type drones. In addition many of the machined parts for these type products are made around here too. Even the Mars rover's wheels where made nearby.

I was not referring to conditions as they are now,  I was referring to conditions as they may be in the future.   The Military is only now experimenting with "Drone Swarms."   Eventually this will be mature technology  and it will be deployed everywhere there is a battle field. 

Apart from that,  the premise initiated up thread was that of a civil war in the United States between Liberals and Conservatives.    It is not limited to just participation by the official military.   In a societal breakdown there could be multiple militaristic organizations throughout the country.   

My point was that anyone who can manufacture and control "drone swarms"   will pretty much mop the floor with anyone who cannot. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2017, 11:00:09 pm »

My point was that anyone who can manufacture and control "drone swarms"   will pretty much mop the floor with anyone who cannot.

Unless those who cannot are willing and able to jam the whole part of the electromagnetic spectrum that the drone swarm uses to coordinate its movements (including access to GPS transmissions) and forego use of electronic communications.  (Same goes for GPS-guided munitions, ordinary drones controlled from afar,...)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2017, 03:16:56 pm »
Unless those who cannot are willing and able to jam the whole part of the electromagnetic spectrum that the drone swarm uses to coordinate its movements (including access to GPS transmissions) and forego use of electronic communications.  (Same goes for GPS-guided munitions, ordinary drones controlled from afar,...)

As I mentioned upthread,  jamming makes you instantly vulnerable to HARM.   

You won't be jamming for very long. 

As a matter of fact,  they can make HARM drones specifically designed to home in on enemy jammers and blow them up. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2017, 09:28:49 pm »

As I mentioned upthread,  jamming makes you instantly vulnerable to HARM.   

As a matter of fact,  they can make HARM drones specifically designed to home in on enemy jammers and blow them up.

The Serbs got NATO to waste a lot of HARM munitions on rigged microwave ovens.  Microwave oven $50, HARM munitions or drone what $500k?  There are lots of microwave ovens across the fruited plain...
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Wingnut

« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2017, 09:47:35 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFRbZJXjWIA&ab_channel=MarcoCa%C3%ADna

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2017, 10:19:31 pm »
The Serbs got NATO to waste a lot of HARM munitions on rigged microwave ovens.  Microwave oven $50, HARM munitions or drone what $500k?  There are lots of microwave ovens across the fruited plain...

You are referring to the full blown anti radiation missiles used by the military to take out radar systems and such.    Drone makers can mass produce anti radiation drones for less than $50.00 a pop.   

Any halfway competent electronics guy can make an anti-radiation drone that will fly at a radiation source.   
— Lord Melbourne —