Author Topic: What Memorial Day means to me - Ben Kinchlow  (Read 560 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
What Memorial Day means to me - Ben Kinchlow
« on: May 29, 2017, 03:14:09 pm »
What Memorial Day means to me
Exclusive: Ben Kinchlow remembers patriots who sacrificed their lives for our liberty

Ben Kinchlow is a minister, broadcaster, author and businessman. His latest book is "Black Yellowdogs." He was the long-time co-host of CBN's "The 700 Club" television program and host of the international edition of the show, seen in more than 80 countries. He is the founder of Americans for Israel and the African American Political Awareness Coalition, and the author of several books.

Almost everyone in America knows that the last Monday of May is a holiday – not necessarily why it is, but that it is. They know it’s called “Memorial Day,” but many of them don’t know why.

A quick Google search informs us that Memorial Day is: “… an American holiday observed on the last Monday of May, to honor men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military.

“In the years following the Civil War, it was originally known as Decoration Day and it became Memorial Day, an official federal holiday, in 1971.

While officially it is still set aside as a day to honor American servicemen who died in combat, it has become merely a three-day weekend for most people, many of whom have no idea as to its origin and significance. Unfortunately, they probably couldn’t care less.

Just in case you aren’t aware of the numbers, the total loss of American lives in battles since the Revolutionary War is 651,031. If other casualties are factored in throughout these wars, the total comes to 1,190,085 Americans who have sacrificed their lives for this country and for our liberty.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/05/what-memorial-day-means-to-me/#u9xaPhwMdUh2EvFR.99

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: What Memorial Day means to me - Ben Kinchlow
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 03:40:37 pm »