Author Topic: Man kills 8, including officer, calmly tells reporter why he did it  (Read 675 times)

rangerrebew

Man kills 8, including officer, calmly tells reporter why he did it
May 28, 2017 | Carmine Sabia | Print Article   

In a shocking video, a Mississippi man went on a reign of terror on Saturday night, killing eight including a police officer, explained why he did it.

“We was talking about me taking my children, and her sister and auntie called the police,” suspect Cory Godbolt told a reporter for The Clarion-Ledger on Sunday morning as he was being arrested, explaining that he didn’t intend to kill police when his reign of terror began. “I was having a conversation with her stepdaddy and her momma, and her, my wife, about me taking my children home, and somebody called the officer. People who didn’t even live at the house. But that’s what they do. They intervene. They cost him his life. I’m sorry.”

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/05/28/man-kills-8-including-officer-calmly-tells-reporter-496215
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 04:48:30 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
'I ain't fit to live': Police say Mississippi gunman kills 8
 Associated Press  KEVIN McGILL, Associated Press

BROOKHAVEN, Miss. (AP) — A man who got into an argument with his estranged wife and her family over his children was arrested Sunday in a house-to-house shooting rampage in rural Mississippi that left eight people dead, including his mother-in-law and a sheriff's deputy.

"I ain't fit to live, not after what I done," a handcuffed Willie Corey Godbolt, 35, told The Clarion-Ledger (http://on.thec-l.com/2rbQIq5 ).

The gunfire erupted Saturday night at Godbolt's in-laws' home in Bogue Chitto after the deputy arrived in response to a domestic disturbance call, and spread to two houses in nearby Brookhaven, about 70 miles (110 kilometers) south of Jackson.

Continued: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-say-eight-people-are-dead-including-deputy-sheriff-after-shooting-in-mississippi-suspect-in-custody/ar-BBBBez1?li=BBnb7Kz&OCID=ansmsnnews11

Some story.

Online mountaineer

Hero Down: Mass-Killer Murders Lincoln County Deputy William Durr
By Cowgirl On May 28, 2017
Blue Lives Matter
Lincoln County, MS –  Lincoln County Sheriff’s Deputy William Durr, age 36, was murdered Saturday night, May 27, in a mass-killing spree by William “Cory” Godbolt.

Seven other people were murdered in the incident, according to WAPT.  The shootings occurred at three different locations within Lincoln County.

The first shooting occurred about 11:30 PM at a residence located in the 2800 block of Lee Drive in Bogue Chitto. According to the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation, Deputy Durr was found shot to death at this residence, along with three females. The MBI is conducting the investigation.

The second incident occurred at a residence in the 1600 block of Coopertown Road in Brookhaven, where police officers found the bodies of two juvenile boys.

The third incident occurred at a residence in the 300 block of East Lincoln Road, where police officers found the bodies of a man and a woman.

The suspect, Cory Godbolt, was captured Sunday morning in East Lincoln and is in custody. He is currently at a Jackson hospital being treated for a gunshot wound. Information about how he was shot has not been released.

He is facing one count of capital murder and seven counts of first degree murder.  The names of the seven other murder victims have not been released.

In a statement, Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant said: I ask all Mississippians to join Deborah and me in praying for those lost in Lincoln County. Every day, the men and women who wear the badge make some measure of sacrifice to protect and serve their communities. Too often, we lose one of our finest. I thank the law enforcement agencies involved for their hard work. May the peace of the Almighty wash over those hurting after this senseless tragedy.”

Deputy William Durr is a two-year veteran of the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.  He also served four years with the Brookhaven Police Department.  He worked with youth groups for many years, according to the Daily Leader, and was a mental technician before he became a police officer.

He has also served as a youth minister for several churches.  Deputy Durr was also a ventriloquist, and performed often at children’s church and other events.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ConstitutionRose

🙏
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.