Author Topic: It’s ALIVE! The MOnSter 6502 Returns to Maker Faire  (Read 467 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
It’s ALIVE! The MOnSter 6502 Returns to Maker Faire
« on: May 29, 2017, 06:05:20 am »
One of my favorite projects at the 2016 Maker Faire Bay Area was Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories’ insane MOnSter 6502 board. The MOnSter 6502 is a “dis-integrated” circuit project, a transistor-scale replica of the classic MOS 6502 microprocessor. This year, the MOnSter is back, now with more MOnStrousness. It is now a fully working board capable of running programs in assembly, BASIC, and Forth. Another 100 LEDs have also been added to the board to further visually illustrate the status of the board’s operations.

For those who aren’t up on their computer chip history, the MOS 6502 holds a significant place there. It was the processor at the heart of the Apple ][, Commodore PET, Atari 400 and 800 game consoles, the BBC Micro, even Tamagotchi digital pets! Variations of it were also found in the Commodore 64, Atari 2600, and the original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

More, plus neat video: http://makezine.com/2017/05/15/alive-monster-6502-returns-maker-faire/
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DB

Re: It’s ALIVE! The MOnSter 6502 Returns to Maker Faire
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 07:28:54 am »
I've designed hardware and written a fair amount of assembly code for a 6502 processor... I used a version made by Rockwell that included FORTH as internal ROM code.