Author Topic: Vice-President Mike Pence: “We Have a President Who, Without Apology, Stands for the Sanctity of Human Life”  (Read 21733 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Then why did you accuse me of such things?

I hadn't read through all the pages on the thread and missed your mission.  Thank you for making me aware of it @goodwithagun

Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend.   ^-^

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:47:35 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline goodwithagun

I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

I hadn't read through all the pages on the thread and missed your mission.  Thank you for making me aware of it @goodwithagun

Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend.   ^-^

IOW, @TomSea failed to tell you he was being beaten like a rented mule when he called you for help. Got it.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

I'm not looking to argue with you @CatherineofAragon ...

I've said what I wanted to say.  It's done.

:seeya:

@Right_in_Virginia

You might be.  But you don't speak for anyone else.  Certainly not me.

Just saying.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Apparently the Moderators have left the building.

This is one of the worst threads ever and should be locked, burned and the ground salted.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Apparently the Moderators have left the building.

This is one of the worst threads ever and should be locked, burned and the ground salted.

We get bitched at every time we lock a thread...I don't know what happened to TBR this weekend but I am so upset at a lot of members who just refuse to stop this constant bickering.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

Still not going to give the argument you're looking for.  Sorry.   :shrug:

@Right_in_Virginia

Not looking for one.  Just clarifying a point.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

This is how fights get started.

No wonder we can't have nice things.
Barba non facit philosophum.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

lol thanks for the laugh
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
We get bitched at every time we lock a thread...I don't know what happened to TBR this weekend but I am so upset at a lot of members who just refuse to stop this constant bickering.

Love you, babe.

I personally was on a very short thread this morning on which we briefly digressed into a 'Hillary would be worse' argument and the Mod1 person admonished us.

Then I leave for a while and see this thread which is horrible, horrible, horrible and no admonishment. 

You have an impossible job.  I would wonder about the sanity of some of these people and some of them have told me in no uncertain terms that I am crazy so there's that ....

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Yep!!  They all get broken.

Offline musiclady

That's cute! You support a prolife politician! I'm over here physically protesting the Pittsburgh PP, raising money for our local prolife clinic (AIM Women's Center) run by a lovely group of nuns, and hiring the children of a local man jailed for contempt of court for refusing to sign a judge's order to stop going onto PP property to offer women other options than abortion. Yay you! You keyboard warrior for a prolife politician! Here's your award!

Except that Tom is a keyboard warrior for a politician who isn't even pro-life.  :shrug:

THANK YOU for actually BEING pro-life, and not just pretending to care about the unborn by being a jerk on the internet.

888high58888

@goodwithagun
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

And you were doing so well for a little while!

Back on ignore!

And best kept there, methinks.......   **nononono*  ****sheep****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Hoodat

What does one expect from the Anti-Trumpers or Liberals but snark against pro-life accomplishments.

Just to set the record straight:

Donald Trump: Sure, ‘It’s Possible’ I Donated To Planned Parenthood

By Caitlin Cruz Published August 17, 2015 10:50 am

Real estate mogul and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said in an interview with NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday that it was possible he had donated to Planned Parenthood and that he wouldn’t commit to shutting down the government over the organization’s funding.

“Meet the Press” host Chuck Todd asked Trump whether he had ever donated to the organization.

“I give to so many, Chuck. I give to so many organizations over the years,” Trump said. “Hundreds of millions of dollars. And so I don’t know. I don’t think so. But it’s possible.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/donald-trump-planned-parenthood-donations

Again, I will applaud Donald Trump for anything Conservative thing he does.  But I will not stand idly by while others praise him with a narrative that simply is not true.  You are not helping your cause, TomSea.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
On this issue, those bad mouthing Trump lose all of their moral authority, that's why they have to try to bully on this issue or even state disingenuous falsehoods. They turned their back on the most innocent and nothing changes this. The only way they can overcome this is to state to everyone that the President has the powers of Merlin the magician.
Cruz didn't ever support abortion. Castle didn't support abortion. I would have voted for Cruz if ND had had a primary, I voted for Castle in the General. I haven't lost one shred of moral authority:everyone I voted for or would have was opposed to abortion, period. This also puts the lie to the nonsense about supporting Hillary, because at no time did I support anyone to the left of Trump.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
IOW, @TomSea failed to tell you he was being beaten like a rented mule when he called you for help. Got it.

BAAAZINGAA!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
$9 billion best case scenario?

Over what time frame?

All the articles I can find point to claims from The International Planned Parenthood Federation that it stands to lose $100 million, with some articles claiming that is over 2-3 years.  So, yeah, it could lose $9 billion (with a 'b'), over the next 90-270 years.

Makes me wonder if someone (not you, I'm just replying to your post because I don't view posts from certain people) is playing a little fast and loose with the truth.  Maybe more than a little. 

For some perspective, the US spends (wastes?) $10 billion per year on foreign health aid, $607 million of which is for reproductive "care".

Hey @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I think I was responding to @TomSea who put the numbers in all caps. I almost missed your reply without the ping. Tom threw out the number and I just replied that I doubt that much will be saved because I feared these agencies that dealt in death (abortion) would find ways to still receive funding. I suggested it is hard to monitor when a foreign agency behind closed doors doesn't whisper to patients the alternative of abortion. Also it looks to me some of the abortion providers already are finding ways to rearrange their funding to where other countries pay for the abortion aspect. (link below is where I get my speculation)

I did find this figure on the possible 9 billion number...  QUOTE: "global health NGO PAI estimates the rule could impact $9 billion in U.S. funds, 15 times as much funding as it did under President George W. Bush." END QUOTE

I don't know the time frame, it is a very valid question though. Link below is where I found 9 (b) number. Also link is where they are scrambling for funds via alternative methods (rearranging the books).

https://www.devex.com/news/ngos-scramble-to-safeguard-programs-in-wake-of-trump-s-expanded-global-gag-rule-89515

Those numbers were compiled by the Population Action International which seems to be a very pro-abortion group (It was oddly first called the Population Crisis Committee). Their webpage mentions Planned Parenthood on the main page in an article. So yeah, the numbers may be tainted somewhat considering the source.

One of the co-founders of the group was Hugh Moore.

I found an interesting quote from Mr. Moore...  “We are not primarily interested in the sociological or humanitarian aspects of birth control,”  “We are interested in the use which Communists make of hungry people in their drive to conquer the earth.”

Forget Eugenics, now pro-abortion people can claim to be fighting communism. /sarcasm

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 05:09:17 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Forget Eugenics, now pro-abortion people can claim to be fighting communism. /sarcasm
That depends entirely on which populations are being culled.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
That depends entirely on which populations are being culled.

You are right sir.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Suppressed

Sorry... I'm late to the thread. Does anyone, maybe @TomSea perhaps, have the full text of what Trump put in his CR signing statement against Planned Parenthood funding?  I imagine it's scathing, if he's such a pro-life hero...I'm dying to read it! Please help.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 05:28:35 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm only gonna make one more post on this thread because people are scaring me.

Donald Trump has no deeply held belief against abortion.  He's held every stance in the book depending on what he was thinking at that particular time.

We cannot count on him to push through the anti-abortion program that we want or to defund Planned Parenthood.  He actually thinks PP does good things for the health of poor women.

That being said, Trump has held some pro-life and anti-abortion stances.  He has selected a strongly pro-life vice president and has appointed pro-life people in various offices and a pro-life Supreme Court justice.

I think he is open to being swayed to the right position on this issue if we put the pressure on.

I know we are 'forbidden' from bringing up Hillary 'what ifs', but if Hillary had won, we would not even be having this discussion.

She and everyone she knows (and her little dog too) are strongly pro-abortion rights.

With Trump, we at least have a chance.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I think he is open to being swayed to the right position on this issue if we put the pressure on.

We'll know the truth when the poopyheads in Congress actually start to put Conservative bills in front of him to sign/veto.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Hoodat

I'm only gonna make one more post on this thread because people are scaring me.

Donald Trump has no deeply held belief against abortion.  He's held every stance in the book depending on what he was thinking at that particular time.

We cannot count on him to push through the anti-abortion program that we want or to defund Planned Parenthood.  He actually thinks PP does good things for the health of poor women.

That being said, Trump has held some pro-life and anti-abortion stances.  He has selected a strongly pro-life vice president and has appointed pro-life people in various offices and a pro-life Supreme Court justice.

In 100% agreement with this.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Rivergirl

Seems to me I recall candidate Trump praising Planned Parenthood for all their good work.
Obtuse?  Or he knew then but as with the rest of his campaign, flip flopped on every issue.