Author Topic: Vice-President Mike Pence: “We Have a President Who, Without Apology, Stands for the Sanctity of Human Life”  (Read 22020 times)

Silver Pines

Totally agree.  No matter what people choose to pretend, there is a vast difference between cultures, particularly Muslim cultures.

Muslims breed like rabbits while we currently tend to have one or two children on an average.

We should do everything possible to keep Muslims out of our country.  They want control and they will take it any way they can.

@Emjay

A couple of years ago, there was a poll which claimed that over half of American Muslims believed sharia law was compatible with the Constitution.  That says their culture is not compatible with ours.

Offline goodwithagun

I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Good for you but it is inherent in Muslim beliefs to do thing that we condemn.  If your productive, moral and law-abiding Muslim is adhering to his beliefs, he is not abiding by our laws and he is not moral in any sense that I know of.  But he's productive as hell.

I prefer to deal with folks as individuals, not as members of religious tribes.   "Muslims breed like rabbits"?   Muslims want to "take over"?  Sorry, that's the same crap that know-nothings used to say about Catholics.

The best decision I ever made in my life was to reject the tribalism of Christianity.  It's certainly brought me closer to a truer understanding of Jesus Christ and His message of tolerance and humility.  The only tribe in which I'm a member is the American tribe,  and my loyalty is to the Constitution's lodestars of individual liberty and self-determination,  and its rejection of religious tests - and religious bigotry.   
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 12:27:27 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I prefer to deal with folks as individuals, not as members of religious tribes.   "Muslims breed like rabbits"?   Muslims want to "take over"?  Sorry, that's the same crap that know-nothings used to say about Catholics.

The best decision I ever made in my life was to reject the tribalism of Christianity.  It's certainly brought me closer to a truer understanding of Jesus Christ and His message of tolerance and humility.  The only tribe in which I'm a member is the American tribe,  and my loyalty is to the Constitution's lodestars of individual liberty and self-determination,  and its rejection of religious tests - and religious bigotry.   
It is folly to ignore the exhortation of Islam to kill nonbelievers who will not convert. That has been part and parcel of Islamic doctrine from the beginning. What some people used to believe about Catholicism is irrelevant and has no affect on the teachings of Islam.
The reality is that those Muslims who came to Europe are outbreeding (for want of a better term) those non-muslims who live there. That shift in demographics is significant, because it is used to exert pressure on government policy and is reshaping the fabric of western Civilization. Observance of the effect of increased Islamic populations in other countries only underscores the threat to the fundamental structure of our government here in America, and the beginnings of that are evident in lawsuits over footbaths and dietary law, just for starters.
It is folly to ignore those effects until they are on every street corner; at that point it is usually too late. Seemingly small matters generate precedents with sweeping effect.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 01:06:46 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The one poster has clearly called Muslims "our friends and neighbors" while slamming at least many Christians. This has told me this debate is not worth having and this also seems like an extremely prejudicial position. Likewise, the do-good feminism expressed can be boiled down to largely affecting African-American and other minority teens, that's not who one sees at these feminist marches. It's secularist humanism or something.

Offline roamer_1

You are welcome to your opinion. But the Mohammedans won't give a damn what, or how you parse it.

What gives you the right to boldly stand upon your position, and to surround yourself in liberty, is not the Constitution, or American law - But rather, a specific principle, unique to Protestant Christendom, as found in the men who wrote those laws. Lose the Judeo-Christian Ethic that under-girds those high principles, and those laws will become meaningless - As our founding fathers precisely predicted. In fact, we are perilously close to that point right now.

Offline DiogenesLamp

The only tribe in which I'm a member is the American tribe,  and my loyalty is to the Constitution's lodestars of individual liberty and self-determination,  and its rejection of religious tests - and religious bigotry.   

The Constitution?  That document that ends with "Year of Our Lord"?     

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

The Constitution?  That document that ends with "Year of Our Lord"?   

My objection is not with the Abrahamic God in whom Christians, Jews and Muslims all profess belief, but religious tribalism.   Throughout human history, more people have been killed in the name of religion than for any other reason.   The Islamofascists are big on that these days (and they kill far more Muslims than Christians),  but Christianity's history is bloody and tribal and bigoted as well. 

Religion is an institution of man, not God.   Spirituality and grace can, I believe, be attained without belonging to a religious tribe.   

Offline roamer_1

My objection is not with the Abrahamic God in whom Christians, Jews and Muslims all profess belief.   

Mohammed's god is not the God of the Christians and the Jews.

Offline DiogenesLamp

My objection is not with the Abrahamic God in whom Christians, Jews and Muslims all profess belief, but religious tribalism.

And my point in noting that the Constitution (and all other documents before it)  refers to Jesus,  demonstrates that it has implicit religious tribalism as part of it's DNA. 

That it is not,  nor was it ever intended to be neutral on the subject of religion. 

Throughout human history, more people have been killed in the name of religion than for any other reason. 

This is only true of the Islamic Religion.   Islam is credited with kill 100 million people since it was brought into this world.  (Most of them in India.)   

You are also mistaken in believing that religion is a requirement for murdering millions of people.   The Communist (atheist) ideology has also killed 100 million people,   and it has done so in a far shorter time period than has Islam.  (Only since 1917) 

Do not take my word for either of these two body counts.  Look up this information yourself.   If you cannot find it,  I will provide sources. 

The Islamofascists are big on that these days (and they kill far more Muslims than Christians),  but Christianity's history is bloody and tribal and bigoted as well.

In the manner that a lightening bug resembles lightening.    You can add up all the deaths caused by Christianity (obviously they weren't practicing it,  but that's another topic.)  and it won't equate to 1% of what the Communists (atheists)   and the Islamists have done. 

Religion is an institution of man, not God. 

Well I think that is a point somewhat in dispute.  :) 

Spirituality and grace can, I believe, be attained without belonging to a religious tribe.   

Well you can talk about abstract concepts such as "spirituality and grace"   but as a practical real world issue,   Muslims believe in a religion that compels them to murder people  who don't share their religious beliefs.   

You seem to hold pragmatism in high regard,  and I am just pointing out the pragmatic facts about this. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Depends on who you ask.  They claim he is,  and we are just doing it wrong.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

No, their claims aside, a simple perusal of their founding documents will deny their claim.
The intent of a god is found in his agents - his prophets - and the intent of the Mohammedan god is diametrically opposed to YHWH. They literally cannot be the same entity.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Those who claim (the moon god) Allah is the same as G-d are either those who are apologists for islam, those who are ignorant, or those practicing taqyyia. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

More tribalism.   Same God, different prophets, different dogma, different rituals.    But the same God.   

Offline DiogenesLamp

More tribalism.   Same God, different prophets, different dogma, different rituals.    But the same God.

Asserted to be the same God.   The Devil is in the details.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

No, as I said read the koran and hadiths and compare to the Bible. Distinctly and diametrically opposed.

There is only one YHWH. Only one who made the heavens and the earth.
but there are many spirits who are pretenders to the throne... 'Powers and principalities'
Muhammad - By his own admission - got his knowledge of 'allah' from a djinn. A demon.
To conflate the demonic with the divine is a perilous mistake.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 03:30:01 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline DiogenesLamp

Also the worst thing in the world is not Tribalism.    The worst thing in the world is being traitor to "your tribe."   

Even the enemy tribe will despise you.   "Tribalism"  is an inherent characteristic of human nature.    To betray your own people is tantamount to a sow eating her own piglets.   

It is unnatural and this "unnaturalness"  provokes a strong repugnance in normal people. 

"Anti-Tribalism"  is a modern day manifestation of Liberal orthodoxy,   and liberal orthodoxy is a distortion of the Christian principles of equality.   This is the sort of thing that happens when you let Massachusetts puritans go extremist on religion.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

No, that is not correct. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The one poster has clearly called Muslims "our friends and neighbors" while slamming at least many Christians. This has told me this debate is not worth having and this also seems like an extremely prejudicial position. Likewise, the do-good feminism expressed can be boiled down to largely affecting African-American and other minority teens, that's not who one sees at these feminist marches. It's secularist humanism or something.

The abject hatred of Christians and the biblically adherent has been on display by that particular poster for some time.  They do not even bother masquerading it very effectively and despite their insistence, they are not Christian due the fact they deny the divinity of Jesus and only accept a small portion of what He says in the scriptures.

But you are correct.  It is pointless to have the debate.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
No, that is not correct.

But atheists always try to portray themselves as divinity scholars.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
But atheists always try to portray themselves as divinity scholars.

I suspect they may even believe it.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I suspect they may even believe it.

One of my sister's decided she's an atheist mostly to impress her liberal peers.

She hasn't spoken to me for a few days because I'm donating some of my late mother's belongings to my other sister's church rather than sending them to a landfill. She said she thought I was smarter than to think I could buy the love of Christians because she knows I believe in science.

Doesn't really make any sense but she is a liberal after all.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
One of my sister's decided she's an atheist mostly to impress her liberal peers.

She hasn't spoken to me for a few days because I'm donating some of my late mother's belongings to my other sister's church rather than sending them to a landfill. She said she thought I was smarter than to think I could buy the love of Christians because she knows I believe in science.

Doesn't really make any sense but she is a liberal after all.

Yeah, we've got one of those in the family too.  :(

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

The tribalism of Christianity?  That could not be more wrong.  The only thing that holds Christians together is a belief in Jesus and in God.  Within that tenet, there are many variations in what Christians believe about lifestyles and about right and wrong.

But one thing NO Christian believes is that their religion should be forced on other people   It is one of the things Jesus advocated strongly and one that has been upheld.

This is the opposite of Muslim belief.  They will convert you to Islam if they have to cut off your head to do it.

They are brutal and will kill gays or infidels (when they are in charge and able to do so).  They dominate women and children completely.  They brainwash children.

They are good at seeming like nice people while infiltrating and then turning back to their true beliefs.

Catholics were criticized at one time by other churches but never accused of wanting to take over.

I only hope that not many people are as gullible and misinformed as your post suggests.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.