Author Topic: Chelsea Clinton: 'Climate Change' Connects To 'Child Marriage'  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

Chelsea Clinton: 'Climate Change' Connects To 'Child Marriage'

BY: ROBERT KRAYCHIK MAY 22, 2017

Climate change” and “child marriage” are “interconnected” issues, said Chelsea Clinton on Monday. Participating in a left-wing discussion panel framed as a meeting for “social justice,” she was introduced as an “activist, thought leader, and change agent.”

Using "climate change" as a euphemism for the narrative of anthropogenic global warming, Clinton framed the burning of fossil fuels as exacerbating other perceived social and political issues (emphasis added):

“[We] carry multiple concerns in both our head and our heart. Just listening to the concerns around education and climate change, women’s health, child marriage, access to technology, all of those are of course interconnected. We have to focus on each of them in their interconnectedness.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVWDgz23Ino

Clinton also suggested that President Donald Trump’s political ascendance was amplifying varying bigotries:

“We have to realize, especially at this moment, that sexism is not an opinion. Islamophobia is not an opinion. Racism is not an opinion. Homophobia is not an opinion. Jingoism is not an opinion. So I think that in our posture of listening, we also have to get comfortable with standing up and speaking out.”

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16752/chelsea-clinton-climate-change-connects-child-robert-kraychik#
Barba non facit philosophum.

Online dfwgator

Re: Chelsea Clinton: 'Climate Change' Connects To 'Child Marriage'
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 07:27:21 pm »
The toe bone's connected to the foot bone,
The foot bone's connected to the ankle bone,
The ankle bone's connected to the leg bone,
Now shake dem skeleton bones!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 07:42:09 pm »
Chelsea- spoken like the vacuous idiot you are. Another "accomplishment" for the spawn of Webb.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 09:13:03 pm »
Chelsea- spoken like the vacuous idiot you are. Another "accomplishment" for the spawn of Webb.

My first thought was that she is a half witted loon, but notice that she was introduced as a thought leader. Interesting.

My guess is she doesn't believe the manure she's spreading a bit more than I believe in jackalopes.

She's thought leading, which can be interpreted as brainwashing.

The idiots are the dupes who lap up this bilge water she's spewing.
Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 09:15:33 pm »
I hereby solemnly swear to never make fun of Palin's word salads again. She's a rank amateur compared to Clinton junior.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 09:15:55 pm »
My first thought was that she is a half witted loon, but notice that she was introduced as a thought leader. Interesting.

My guess is she doesn't believe the manure she's spreading a bit more than I believe in jackalopes.

"Thought leader"- that's a good one.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 02:03:09 am »

What do you mean that you don't believe in jackalopes.  You are stressing me out.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 02:40:03 am »
I read this this morning. The first thought I had was 'conflation'. This is a common agitprop technique used by the Left.

The idea is to mix an absurd, heinous idea, with the idea that you are promoting. An example would be something like, 'If you don't believe in Global Warming, then you must want all children to be slaughtered.'

'If you don't believe in Global Warming, then you must want all life on Earth to be extinguished!'

This is what she is doing here, and is what almost all American Leftist do. They take some horrible unrelated issue and try to drag it into whatever the cause célèbre du jour.

If you don't think exactly like I think, then you must want all young girls to be raped. It is a very childish argument.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 03:49:44 am »
The Clinton's ... where evil truly lurks.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 04:16:54 am »
I read this this morning. The first thought I had was 'conflation'. This is a common agitprop technique used by the Left.

The idea is to mix an absurd, heinous idea, with the idea that you are promoting. An example would be something like, 'If you don't believe in Global Warming, then you must want all children to be slaughtered.'

'If you don't believe in Global Warming, then you must want all life on Earth to be extinguished!'

This is what she is doing here, and is what almost all American Leftist do. They take some horrible unrelated issue and try to drag it into whatever the cause célèbre du jour.

If you don't think exactly like I think, then you must want all young girls to be raped. It is a very childish argument.

"Vote for Proposition 10, or else you hate children.....You....don't.....HATE.....children.........Do you?