Author Topic: Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana  (Read 31071 times)

Online kevindavis007

Re: Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 11:42:24 am »

@ReaganBattalion  7h7 hours ago

The Reagan Battalion Retweeted Billings Gazette
Conservative @billingsgazette pulling their Gianforte endorsement.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 11:51:16 am »
@jmyrlefuller

A tape and two witnesses---"All we have?"

To be fair, maybe we should hold off cheering assault because of tribalism.
It's not like they were the only two people there. There were multiple members of the press. All of them, I'm sure, had cell phones. The moment Jacobs's ambush started, they should have known something newsworthy was happening.

Yet we only have one corroborating witness, who only gave her word, which suspiciously matches exactly what the victim's claiming (right down to the most sympathetic portrayal possible, no aggression or anything according to her). If no one else witnessed this happen, and it allegedly happened in this kind of setting where lots of others could see it, then what?

Audiotapes can easily be doctored and taken out of context.

This could easily be a hoax. I'm inclined to think that this was either exaggerated or never even happened.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:54:44 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Silver Pines

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2017, 11:53:55 am »
Gianforte has been cited for misdemeanor assault, according to Fox News.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2017, 11:55:10 am »
Gianforte has been cited for misdemeanor assault, according to Fox News.
Then the courts shall decide this.

Silver Pines

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2017, 11:57:04 am »
Then the courts shall decide this.

Seems there's enough evidence for the charge, so I guess we can forget about it being a hoax.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2017, 12:03:03 pm »
How stupid is that. Why give your opponent ammunition to use against you?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2017, 12:05:02 pm »
This is a big NOTHING BURGER.

"Your Honor....it was self-defense.  He invaded my personal space suddenly and I felt threatened".........

"Assault", in this case would have been if the candidate, for no reason, walked over to the reporter and then slammed him.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:06:30 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2017, 12:12:35 pm »
This is a big NOTHING BURGER.

"Your Honor....it was self-defense.  He invaded my personal space suddenly and I felt threatened".........

"Assault", in this case would have been if the candidate, for no reason, walked over to the reporter and then slammed him.

@DCPatriot, you might have something there. 

"Your Honor, I never felt more threatened by a question about the CBO in my life.  So I grabbed him by the neck and body slammed him.  You see why I had no choice, right?

....Your Honor......?"

Online mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2017, 12:15:02 pm »
I should have tried that approach when I ran for office.  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2017, 12:22:00 pm »
Is there a video? I'd have to see a video.

I could see body slamming some obnoxious reporter... not saying it's right, but I could sympathize.

On the other, to attack a reporter just for asking a question is pretty dumb.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2017, 12:25:59 pm »
Overall, Republicans still hold the high ground when it comes to civil discourse, and this incident appears to be an exception that proves the rule. Unfortunately, there's been some bad influences among the GOP during the last couple of years...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2017, 12:34:40 pm »
Can someone explain to me why there are 2 reporters from a Leftist British paper covering some shit election in MT?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2017, 12:42:51 pm »
@DCPatriot, you might have something there. 

"Your Honor, I never felt more threatened by a question about the CBO in my life.  So I grabbed him by the neck and body slammed him.  You see why I had no choice, right?

....Your Honor......?"

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline beandog

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2017, 12:43:19 pm »
Sad what's happening to "conservatism".
I'd voted for him.  If this doesn't make me a "conservative" in your eyes, I'm good with that.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2017, 12:50:33 pm »
Overall, Republicans still hold the high ground when it comes to civil discourse, and this incident appears to be an exception that proves the rule. Unfortunately, there's been some bad influences among the GOP during the last couple of years...

Exactly.

The guy is an individual and is ultimately responsible for his own actions but that doesn't negate the fact that certain behaviors are being encouraged either deliberately or through stupidity. At the end of the day it won't be the individual who is remembered, it will be the man who praised the alleged murder of journalists in Russia, the "decisive action" of the Chinese government in putting down the Tienanmen Square rebellion, or praised Duarte for the indiscriminate murder of thousands.

It wasn't so long ago when we accused Obama of telegraphing approval of rioting and cop killing yet now we're supposed to declare only the individual is responsible.

1930s Germans didn't suddenly decide as individuals to hate Jews and overrun Europe. They were taught and encouraged.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2017, 12:53:48 pm »
Seems there's enough evidence for the charge, so I guess we can forget about it being a hoax.
Innocent until PROVEN guilty, remember that.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2017, 01:09:16 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/335084-reporter-only-true-thing-in-gop-candidates-assault-statement-is-my-name-and
Reporter: Only true thing in Gianforte's assault statement is my name and employer
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2017, 01:16:18 pm »
Innocent until PROVEN guilty, remember that.

@jmyrlefuller

In a court of law.  We're free to think what we want and to voice our opinions as to guilt or lack of it.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2017, 01:27:24 pm »
Riding a tiny horse whose name is Mighty Little, with a pair of heavy-duty zircon-encrusted tweezers in your hand.

If you have a choice of white or yellow snow.....opt for white.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2017, 01:29:08 pm »
Title:
"Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana..."
It's Montana, not Manhattan.
This probably will increase Mr. Gianforte's support.
@Fishrrman

Two newspapers there dropped their support of him.  This candidate is too violent.  Some of you are making light of this, but this candidate totally lost his temper and physically attacked this guy just for a mike being in front of his face.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2017, 01:31:04 pm »
@Fishrrman

Two newspapers there dropped their support of him.  This candidate is too violent.  Some of you are making light of this, but this candidate totally lost his temper and physically attacked this guy just for a mike being in front of his face.

@Victoria33

5 years ago I'd agree.  But of late, the MSM has declared war on us.  Sometimes war comes with a few bloody noses.  (if they are lucky)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 01:31:55 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline beandog

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2017, 01:31:50 pm »
@Fishrrman

Good thing most people don't care who a newspaper "endorses". *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2017, 01:35:07 pm »
Are we at the level where we cheer on some short-fused idiot assaulting a reporter for asking a question because the idiot has an R after his name?
Come on.  That's TOS craziness.
@CatherineofAragon

You are exactly right.  I have watched the film of that with the candidate yelling out of control.  If he is married, I wonder if he has attacked his wife because he physically attacked just because there was a mike near his face.  He is being charged for that physical attack.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2017, 01:38:05 pm »
@Victoria33

5 years ago I'd agree.  But of late, the MSM has declared war on us.  Sometimes war comes with a few bloody noses.  (if they are lucky)

I don't care, it is wrong.... If you hate the media why don't you assault someone from the media then??  I dare you..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/