Author Topic: Classified Documents Show Obama Spied on Americans for Years  (Read 1097 times)

rangerrebew

Classified Documents Show Obama Spied on Americans for Years

By Rusty | Featured Contributor | May 24, 2017 7:03AM

Describing them as “serious constitutional abuses,” a Circa report has revealed that previously top secret documents show that President Barack Obama spied on Americans for years.

The National Security Agency (NSA), according to the report, “routinely violated American privacy protections” and “failed to disclose the extent of the problems until the final days before Donald Trump was elected president.”

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) claim these newly disclosed violations rank as some of the most serious to ever be documented.
(my emphasis)

Read more: http://thepoliticalinsider.com/classified-documents-obama-spying-years/#ixzz4i0qAaX9R

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Classified Documents Show Obama Spied on Americans for Years
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 04:04:00 pm »
The entire Obama presidency was a treasonous criminal enterprise!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 04:14:55 pm »
Ya think?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 05:38:52 pm »
Classified Documents Show Obama Spied on Americans for Years

By Rusty | Featured Contributor | May 24, 2017 7:03AM

Describing them as “serious constitutional abuses,” a Circa report has revealed that previously top secret documents show that President Barack Obama spied on Americans for years.

The National Security Agency (NSA), according to the report, “routinely violated American privacy protections” and “failed to disclose the extent of the problems until the final days before Donald Trump was elected president.”

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) claim these newly disclosed violations rank as some of the most serious to ever be documented.
(my emphasis)

Read more: http://thepoliticalinsider.com/classified-documents-obama-spying-years/#ixzz4i0qAaX9R

This NAZI/STASI/KGB like enterprise would have been continued under a Hitlery Presidency and with much glee from the involved agencies and bureaucrats.

People just don't realize how close we came to a dictatorship.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 06:09:16 pm »
What a perfect segway into an investigation of Obama's spying on Americans, conservatives, and the Trump campaign. Ride with the ACLU on this one and use it to an advantage.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 06:28:57 pm »
Bookmark.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 06:44:48 pm »
And we know this isn't still going on....because they said so?

For the benefit of those who think that might be a comment biased against the POTUS, it isn't. The minions are running the show at the root hog or die level, and those who performed these acts before might still be doing them, for whatever reason.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 06:56:52 pm »
And we know this isn't still going on....because they said so?

For the benefit of those who think that might be a comment biased against the POTUS, it isn't. The minions are running the show at the root hog or die level, and those who performed these acts before might still be doing them, for whatever reason.

Sad that you would have to issue a disclaimer and of course its still going on and has for a long time.

Its just become far easier in the internet/cell phone era. We wait in line to pay money for the newest surveillance tool to hit the market every time. Data is big business and its pretty likely that our government is in on the sale of our info.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 06:57:07 pm »
(From another thread)

Warrantless surveillance has been around long before the Patriot Act.  The FISA Appellate Court ruled a while back that warrantless surveillance was Constitutional as long as it was expressly used for national security.

It is up to the fourth branch of government (i.e. the people) to decide whether any lines are being crossed with the use of said surveillance.  With the Obama Administration, it was clear early on in 2009 that he was abusing this authority.  And the very people who screamed bloody murder when George W. Bush listened in on a cell phone conversation in Pakistan were complicitly silent when Obama conducted warrantless surveillance on his political opponents.  The same people who called for Chuck Colson's head for handing over one unopened FBI file to the President said 'no foul' when First Lady Hillary was caught with 2000 opened FBI files in her possession.

It is up to the people to decide whether their President is exercising his Constitutional power in a manner that is in balance with the Constitutional restraints placed upon government.  Unfortunately, half of our population (mostly Democrats) hold the Constitution in contempt, and will embrace any excess on their side while shoving the Constitution in the faces of the other side even when not warranted.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 07:00:06 pm »

Neema Singh Guliani, the ACLU’s legislative counsel in Washington, said “I think what this emphasizes is the shocking lack of oversight of these programs.”

And this is from the the ACLU, a far-left organization which generally has little concern for the liberties of everyday Americans. Are the rats running for cover?

Barba non facit philosophum.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 07:16:05 pm »
Sad that you would have to issue a disclaimer and of course its still going on and has for a long time.

Its just become far easier in the internet/cell phone era. We wait in line to pay money for the newest surveillance tool to hit the market every time. Data is big business and its pretty likely that our government is in on the sale of our info.
It is sad, but I'm tired of everything, every comment turning into some sort of conflict which ignores the seminal issue, so I'm trying to deflect that in advance for the sake of the thread and the discussion.

You are right that the more convenience, from being able to turn on the lights from across town to seeing who is on your doorstep or wandering around the neighborhood, or the 'rewards club' at the supermarket promising extra savings (if we can just track your every purchase), or social media, or whatever, if it is out there, it can be accessed by someone, and if it can be tied back to you (The rewards club purchase was made with credit/debit card?--gotcha!), someone somewhere will find a way to use it.

The ads that pop up on webpage margins are no accident and reflect browsing histories. Research it and it will be there (although I haven't seen ads for some of the things I have done digging on, except for the 'sponsored links' on my search page that assure me they can get me the best price on Ebola Virus, or whatever). Somewhere, someone will find a way to use it or use it against you. Let the "food nasis" take over, and you are exceeding your bacon allotment for the year and will be charged double. Let the 'carbon taxers' go nuts and driving to visit a sick relative daily could make you an "enemy of humanity".

We are imaginative people, but we need to turn that to the capabilities that are routinely being asserted by our government and elsewhere and extrapolate them to the highest levels of abuse and totalitarianism, no matter how ridiculous those might seem, in order to prevent them from becoming true some day.

Who would have thought, when George Orwell wrote the horror story of totalitarian domination, 1984, that some people would see it as something to strive for? But then, that was the implied warning, but 'it could never happen here'.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 07:19:07 pm »
And this is from the the ACLU, a far-left organization which generally has little concern for the liberties of everyday Americans. Are the rats running for cover?
Good question. If they seek to quash this level of information about their activities, it is a certainty. I would think most of that had been eradicated, except tidbits here and there to keep their 'troops' from defecting.

C S Lewis