Exclusive Content > Research

Please name 3-5 movies/TV series (SciFi) since 1950 which you believe contained significant portion

(1/4) > >>

Quix:
My own nominees are:

1. Day the Earth Stood Still
2. War of the worlds
3. Start Trek
4. Star Wars
5. Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind

---

Addendum:

Rationalization?

I'm not a great movie person. I don't keep a lot of movie titles in my head. I rarely watch movies. I  do like Sci Fi but I'm very picky. There's a lot of trash in the genre.

Though I do fondly remember the TV series LOST IN SPACE & MY FAVORITE MARTIAN.

I don't think I ever did watch that one about the bloke alone on Mars.

I did like the one about the huge artificial enclosed environment above the earth. Elysium?

I enjoyed some of Edgar R Burroughs' 'Mars books.'

And STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND

And, ENDER'S GAME series

I vaguely recall that there's a bunch of dystopian society movies--a few of which I watched. I find them usually pretty dreary. Not a favorite use of my time.

Anyway--that's about all that's off the top of my head currently.

Joe Wooten:
None

Ghost Bear:
Yeah, I tend to think that most movies/TV series that touch on these ideas contain misdirections... plausible-sounding ideas that actually point down the wrong path, or direct people away from the "right" path.   :shrug:

Wingnut:
Warning From Space. 

Starfish-like aliens disguised as humans travel to Earth to warn of the imminent collision of a rogue planet and Earth. As the planet rapidly accelerates toward Earth, a nuclear device is created at the last minute and destroys the approaching world.

Those Starfish dudes are still hereon earth.

Joe Wooten:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on July 24, 2017, 10:39:20 pm ---Warning From Space. 

Starfish-like aliens disguised as humans travel to Earth to warn of the imminent collision of a rogue planet and Earth. As the planet rapidly accelerates toward Earth, a nuclear device is created at the last minute and destroys the approaching world.

Those Starfish dudes are still hereon earth.

--- End quote ---

In 1962?????   :silly:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version