Author Topic: Putin aide slams McCain: Thank God he doesn't shape foreign policy  (Read 879 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Putin aide slams McCain: Thank God he doesn't shape foreign policy
By Joe Uchill - 05/22/17 11:32 AM EDT

A spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday slammed Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a frequent critic of the Kremlin, for the senator's "rude attacks."

"Thank God, this gentleman is not the one who shapes or implements U.S. foreign policy," Dmitry Peskov told the Russian state news service TASS. "Therefore we will naturally avoid exaggerating the significance of these insulting and rude attacks or linking them with bilateral Russian-U.S. relations somehow."

McCain during an interview on Sunday said he was "speechless" about an Oval Office meeting between President Trump and a Russian delegation including Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/334544-putin-spokesperson-thank-god-sen-mccain-is-not-the-one-who-shapes-us
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline beandog

Re: Putin aide slams McCain: Thank God he doesn't shape foreign policy
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 04:53:48 pm »
Have to agree with the Russian.  I think it's unfortunate that McCain shapes anything.  McCain is a bitter, old fool.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 05:19:06 pm »
I'm With Serge.   Poor John has a terninal case of hasbeenitis.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 11:01:01 pm »
"I have to tell you, he [Obama] is a decent person, and a person that you do not have to be scared as President of the United States.”

If McCain ever had any credibility, it was lost at that moment in October of 2008.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 11:34:53 pm »
What a wonderful day it will be when the old goat finally retires.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 11:36:20 pm »
Putin is looking out for Russia, not America. Anything that makes America weaker is good to Putin.