Author Topic: Manchester Suicide Bombing  (Read 29780 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It wouldn't surprise me if they also shut down cell service in the area. Phones can be used as remote detonators.
If not, the system may well be overloaded anyway. Likely, though you are right. That would be a first precaution against follow on attacks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mystery-ak

Did you see the photos of victims posted on reply 117? The young man whose mother can't reach him is pictured. Dear Lord.

There are many of those being posted on twitter..it is heartbreaking
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@jmyrlefuller It doesn't matter what her attitudes. Kids don't pay as much attention to that as they do the music or just the event itself. What does matter is that no one should have to worry about their kid getting blown up at a concert.
I totally agree, which is why the backlash against her astounds me so much.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

The carnage from the Boston Marathon bombing pretty much disabused people of that notion.
@240B @Cyber Liberty Yep, these are far closer to war wounds than the average "injury" civilians are used to.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

If this doesn't mess with her head, she doesn't have one. They came there to see her...

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If this doesn't mess with her head, she doesn't have one. They came there to see her...

I looked her up.  She's just a kid, a pop-tart. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

These freak shows can attack me, even personally and always get away with it. They know it too. Meanwhile I get suspended/banned for making general statements about Trump cult members as a group. That is how this site rolls, I guess.

If you don't like the way it rolls ....

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

CNN just reported she is ok. I bet she's pretty shaken.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/22/entertainment/ariana-grande-manchester/

Apparently she's got a big upcoming concert in London in a couple of days.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

Backlash seems a little strong. Pointing out her politics and anti-American statements is fair game. I had never even heard of her.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Smokin Joe

CNN just reported she is ok. I bet she's pretty shaken.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/22/entertainment/ariana-grande-manchester/

Apparently she's got a big upcoming concert in London in a couple of days.
I would think so. That's got to rattle her, bigtime.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

The French Open just started and then Wimbledon follows by a few weeks. Lots of people from all over the world in a small space...

Offline austingirl

The French Open just started and then Wimbledon follows by a few weeks. Lots of people from all over the world in a small space...

More soft targets for the gutless cowardly islamists.

Offline goodwithagun

Including members of the royal family.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

Re: Breaking - Police respond to Manchester Arena blast reports
« Reply #191 on: May 23, 2017, 02:54:53 am »
Yep. People stampede too. Sometimes the panic kills more than the thing they are fleeing.

Video of the stampede...

https://twitter.com/cadelgadorivas/status/866820366018256896
+++++++++

Offline austingirl

Body count may rise, more injured as well. The initial injuries from the nail bomb as well as those injured in the stampede.

Offline musiclady

I learned in Israel, when this kind of thing was happening every day, that the term 'injured' does not mean what most people think it means. Some of those people will be missing limbs and internal organs. Others will have sever brain injuries. The only reason I bring this up is because most people focus on the number of people killed without realizing that some of those who are labeled 'injured', may as well be dead themselves even if they survive.

Sorry to be depressing. That is not my intent. I just wanted to provide perspective from my own experiences.

A good point to bring up.

The situation is already depressing.  It's important that we understand it in full.

@240B

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #194 on: May 23, 2017, 03:00:50 am »
These freak shows can attack me, even personally and always get away with it. They know it too. Meanwhile I get suspended/banned for making general statements about Trump cult members as a group. That is how this site rolls, I guess.

If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #195 on: May 23, 2017, 03:02:01 am »

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

Pictures of the victims we know of so far. Just a bunch of kids having fun.

@AbaraXas

What is the source of that photo, and how do they know who the victims are already?

Doesn't it usually take much longer than this to ID them?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

I learned in Israel, when this kind of thing was happening every day, that the term 'injured' does not mean what most people think it means. Some of those people will be missing limbs and internal organs. Others will have sever brain injuries. The only reason I bring this up is because most people focus on the number of people killed without realizing that some of those who are labeled 'injured', may as well be dead themselves even if they survive.

I think a lot of people who are missing limbs (like my brother in law) would disagree that they "may as well be dead".

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #198 on: May 23, 2017, 03:12:28 am »
*bleep* like those who attack me don't deserve to be here.

So did you get the quote?

I just realized that Q would make a great screen name.  When I get banned and sneak back I'm going to see if it's available.

Edited to remove unnecessary and slanderous characterization from quote. MOD2
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 01:04:22 pm by Mod2 »
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Oceander

@geronl

Would you drop it on this thread, please!?!  This is neither the place nor the time.