Author Topic: What’s the Matter With Republicans?...by Paul Krugman  (Read 666 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What’s the Matter With Republicans?...by Paul Krugman
« on: May 21, 2017, 02:13:45 am »
What’s the Matter With Republicans?

Paul Krugman MAY 19, 2017

On Wednesday, Paul Ryan held a press conference just after the revelation that Donald Trump had pushed James Comey to kill the investigation into Michael Flynn — you know, the guy Trump appointed as national security adviser even though his team knew that Flynn’s highly suspicious foreign ties were under investigation.

Faced with questions about the Flynn scandal and the Comey firing, Ryan waved them away: “I don’t worry about things that are outside my control.”

This might sound like a reasonable philosophy — unless you realize that Ryan is speaker of the House of Representatives, a legislative body with the power to issue subpoenas, compel testimony and, yes, impeach the president. In fact, under the Constitution, Ryan and his congressional colleagues are effectively the only check on a rogue chief executive.

move
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/opinion/whats-the-matter-with-republicans.html?src=me
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline anubias

Re: What’s the Matter With Republicans?...by Paul Krugman
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 06:30:06 am »
Good God.  Paul Krugman makes me  :3:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: What’s the Matter With Republicans?...by Paul Krugman
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 06:55:24 am »
Why the hell should anyone give two poops what Krugman has to say about Republicans?

He's a full-fledged Marxist/Communist - so why does he care about them or the Constitution he loathes and pays lip service to in this piece?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775