Author Topic: 12 states in for freedom: Missouri votes for Convention of States  (Read 535 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
12 states in for freedom: Missouri votes for Convention of States

Last Friday, Missouri became the 12th state to adopt a Convention of States resolution, passing SCR4 on a vote of 26 to 7.

SCR4, sponsored by Senator Mike Kehoe, R-Jefferson City, calls for an Article V Convention of States to propose constitutional amendments “that impose fiscal restraint on the federal government, limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government, and limit the terms of office for federal officials and members of Congress.”....

....“The American people are growing weary of a federal government that is operating outside of its Constitutional bounds,” said Keith Carmichael, Missouri State Director for the Convention of States Project. “Neither party represents the people, but rather outside influences that help them get re-elected, so by calling a Convention of States under Article V, the states can recalibrate the balance between the federal government and return power back to the people—not to mention that a convention of this magnitude would be the biggest civics lesson of our lifetime.”........

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/12-states-in-for-freedom-missouri-votes-for-convention-of-states?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=051717crcontentemail&utm_campaign=newslettertraffic
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.