Author Topic: Feinstein Says There’s Still No Evidence of Collusion Between Trump Camp and Russia  (Read 1097 times)

rangerrebew

Feinstein Says There’s Still No Evidence of Collusion Between Trump Camp and Russia
Posted By Sam Dorman On May 18, 2017 @ 9:27 pm

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.), who sits on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said she had seen no evidence of collusion between President Donald Trump's associates and Russia during the 2016 campaign.

CNN host Wolf Blitzer recalled Feinstein previously saying she hadn't seen any evidence of collusion and asked her on Thursday: "Has anything changed since we spoke last?"

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/national-security/feinstein-says-theres-still-no-evidence-collusion-trump-camp-russia/

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Feinstein Says There’s Still No Evidence of Collusion Between Trump Camp and Russia
Posted By Sam Dorman On May 18, 2017 @ 9:27 pm

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.), who sits on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said she had seen no evidence of collusion between President Donald Trump's associates and Russia during the 2016 campaign.

CNN host Wolf Blitzer recalled Feinstein previously saying she hadn't seen any evidence of collusion and asked her on Thursday: "Has anything changed since we spoke last?"

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/national-security/feinstein-says-theres-still-no-evidence-collusion-trump-camp-russia/

1 of 3 things.

Trump has something on Dems that will blow up in their faces.

Trump is making some hefty promises to the left.

Certain Democrats are being paid very well to look the other way.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
4/ Painful though it may be to admit, Feinstein can occasionally be honest. Usually with things involving the Intel Comittee, which she takes seriously. (This is not a new thought, I've noted it before.)
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline anubias

4/ Painful though it may be to admit, Feinstein can occasionally be honest. Usually with things involving the Intel Comittee, which she takes seriously. (This is not a new thought, I've noted it before.)

Yes.  Because of it, I wasn't surprised that she was honest this time.  I bet she's taking some serious heat for it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It's a shocker, but you may well be right. Usually she is so full of it her hair oozes.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

5/ rats always lie and there is a ton of evidence coming tomorrow.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Who needs evidence?

It's like net fishing, toss it out and see what you might snag.  Oh, you don't remember having a ham sandwich for lunch two years ago you say?  Well we have that ham sandwich on videotape.  Would you like to revise your story now?

Offline Hondo69

Subterfuge: deception by artifice or stratagem in order to conceal, escape, or evade

Right on queue the diversion tactics being employed here are having a great effect.   But no one expected a Special Counsel to be appointed despite a complete lack of evidence of any crime having ever been committed.  The Clinton Playbook will have to be slightly revised to include this revelation.

Forget about what everyone is talking about, pay attention to what they're not talking about.  How many stories have you heard in the past few weeks about about Podesta's emails, Hillary sharing secret information, the hacking of DNC computers, or Russian ties to the Clintons?

That's right - zero.

There is a caveat however.  A Special Counsel can take his investigation anywhere he decides it should go.  There are no limits.  Today Russian collusion with Trump is making all the headlines but what about tomorrow?  The name Cheryl Mills could very well be on everyone's lips a few months from now.  The dark cloud hanging over her head is full of no small amount of major questions.  Then who will be screaming bloody murder about witch hunt?

Offline Hondo69

Remember the last time a Special Counsel was appointed?

A brand new Clinton scandal had been popping up weekly and they came in every type and flavor.  All the women, BCCI, Whitewater, Webster Hubbell, PROMIS Software, Mena, and even Tyson chicken were scandals bubbling to the surface.  It was all too massive to investigated by a Senate sub-committee so they appointed a Special Counsel.

But Ken Starr was only to work on these major scandals part time, he kept his day job.  Huge red flag #1.

And over time many earth shattering scandals drifted into the background only to be replaced by tiny nothings that didn't amount to a hill of beans.  Instead of headlines screaming about an international banking scandal that put the Justice Department and former Mossad agents squarely in the crosshairs they dialed up something custom made for daytime drama - an intern named Monica Lewinski.  Huge red flag #2.

Although this slight of hand shifted the focus of the American public away from major scandals that could have filled our prisons there were even more tactics within the Clinton Playbook yet to be employed.  A full out frontal attack was waged against Ken Starr, thousands of documents would need to go missing, and private detectives would need to be hired to apply attitude adjustments to key witnesses.  Some of those witnesses would go missing as well.  Michael Jackson provided a bit of temporary relief for the Clintons when he dangled his baby from a hotel balcony.  This sucked up all the media attention for a few weeks and acted as a sort of relief valve for the White House.  Once the Jackson circus died down it was back to the Special Counsel, but with a twist.  The pre-Jackson stories about the mounting number of Clinton scandals quietly faded away, never to be heard from again.  Huge red flag #3.

So I wouldn't get too excited about today's headlines since things will twist and turn a hundred different directions before they find a landing spot.  It will get ten kinds of ugly and don't be surprised if Kim Kardashian's butt factors into the melodrama somewhere down the line.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Who needs evidence?

It's like net fishing, toss it out and see what you might snag.  Oh, you don't remember having a ham sandwich for lunch two years ago you say?  Well we have that ham sandwich on videotape.  Would you like to revise your story now?
Why every detail is qualified with "to the best of my recollection" PROVE I remembered more--not unless I am fool enough to say so. "I'm not sure", "I cannot recall at this time", and "I would have to consult my records and see if that information is present". Memory is a funny thing. There are many details I might not recall years later because the events were simply not important, other things had my attention, while in other situations, due to their nature, I can recall surprising detail.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Well we have that ham sandwich on videotape.

While it's available, maybe we should ask it a thing or two about Mama Cass.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
1 of 3 things.

Trump has something on Dems that will blow up in their faces.

Trump is making some hefty promises to the left.

Certain Democrats are being paid very well to look the other way.

---OR--- THERE IS NO COLLUSION BETWEEN TRUMP AND RUSSIA
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.