Author Topic: Minnesota retreats from ban on female genital mutilation. Refugee advocates say bill is 'overly harsh'  (Read 893 times)

rangerrebew

Minnesota retreats from ban on female genital mutilation
Refugee advocates say bill is 'overly harsh'
Published: 14 hours ago. Updated: 05/19/2017 at 8:14 PM

In Minnesota, there’s no limit to how far some politicians will stoop to accommodate the state’s growing Somali population, which is resettled there by Catholic Charities and Lutheran Social Services feeding off of federal tax dollars. Above, Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges shows up to a meeting with Somali leaders wearing a hijab in April 2014.

In Minnesota, the state’s Democratic leaders are perplexed by whether to advance a bill banning the barbaric, Third-World practice of female genital mutilation.

After first passing the bill unanimously in the state House last week, lawmakers are now having “second thoughts” about whether to continue pushing the bill through to the governor’s desk, according to a report in the Star-Tribune.

The bill’s GOP sponsor said her colleagues in the Senate have gone wishy-washy on the bill due to pushback from certain segments of the refugee-resettlement industry, which is very powerful in Minnesota, getting paid millions in federal dollars annually to distribute Somali refugees throughout the state.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/05/minnesota-retreats-from-ban-on-female-genital-mutilation/#eBJoksLS6bwDAiyX.99

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Resettlement industry.....hmmmmm

I bet our Congress is heavily invested in those companies
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline LMAO

Minnesota is good for the fishing. That's it

You know your country is finished when there are actually people elected to office who think force female genitalia mutilation is acceptable
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 02:40:23 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
due to pushback from certain segments of the refugee-resettlement industry, which is very powerful in Minnesota, getting paid millions in federal dollars annually to distribute Somali refugees throughout the state.

The question is simply, WHY?

Screw that. Spend the money on ordnance and leave the refugees at home.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis