Author Topic: New study finds journalists suffer from emotional and alcohol abuse issues  (Read 602 times)

rangerrebew

New study finds journalists suffer from emotional and alcohol abuse issues
May 19, 2017 | BPR Wire | Print Article   

By Thomas Phippen, DCNF

A new survey of journalists, reporters and broadcasters shows that media types drink more alcohol, and may have difficulty controlling their emotions and suppressing biases.

For her “Study into The Mental Resilience of Journalists,” neuroscientist and executive leadership coach Dr. Tara Swart surveyed journalists and found that, despite constant deadlines, unpredictable work schedules, and alcoholism, journalists are fairly resilient to stresses due to their high sense of purpose.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/05/19/new-study-finds-journalists-suffer-emotional-alcohol-abuse-issues-493128
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 12:44:51 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Does that make them compulsive liars as well? :whistle:

Offline anubias

Does that make them compulsive liars as well? :whistle:

Pathological.

Wingnut

In my youth when I was hanging around the newsroom disguised as a mild-mannered photographer for a great metropolitan newspaper, I discovered that the old reporters were drunks and the young ones fresh out of the Marquette school of journalism or other fine institutions of liberal thought....were potheads.