Author Topic: California professor bans college Republicans from Women's History Month events  (Read 754 times)

rangerrebew

California professor bans college Republicans from Women's History Month events
by Stephanie Hamill, contributor | May 18, 2017, 11:24 AM

The Orange Coast Republicans Club have filed a formal complaint against Orange Coast College professor Jessica Ayo Alabi for preventing Republican students from attending public events on campus. According to the club, three of its members were shut out of the African-American/Women's round table discussion in the Multicultural Center hosted for Women's History Month in March of 2017.

On May 16, the OCC Republicans Club was made aware of an email written by Alabi to various campus officials, in it stating that she prevented the students from attending the event because they belonged to the club. In the email she also stated, "If the college will not stand up to the Republicans club, I have decided to stand up for myself and other students."

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Who the hell would want to go to that anyway?

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Who the hell would want to go to that anyway?

That's not pertinent.  They were forbidden from attending the event, for publicly-stated political reasons.  If this is in violation of the college's regulations, they should press for the full measure of sanctions available against this fascist professor.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline endicom

That's not pertinent.  They were forbidden from attending the event, for publicly-stated political reasons.  If this is in violation of the college's regulations, they should press for the full measure of sanctions available against this fascist professor.

It's a state school so more is involved than college regulations.