Author Topic: Trump Cancels Visit to Ancient Masada Site after Israel Refuses Helicopter Landing  (Read 5444 times)

Offline skeeter

So basically much ado about nothing. They couldn't get clearance to land in one location so they change locations. Probably happens often.

Its becoming unusual to see a reasonable post not predicated upon a predictable agenda these days.

Who do you think you are?

Wingnut

Its becoming unusual to see a reasonable post not predicated upon a predictable agenda these days.

Who do you think you are?

LOL!

Offline Idiot

What a man-child
Geez...I'm starting to think like @geronl this is scaring me...lol.

geronl

Why doesn't Trump want to go up the mountain....

I wonder...

Offline Rivergirl

Glad he's not going to walk on that hallowed ground.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Big tubby afraid to ride in the cable car like everyone else.  Stamps his feet and says 'nevermind'.  I'll go somewhere else.

Calling Trump "chubby" could get you entered in the contest, too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

geronl

Calling Trump "chubby" ...

would be a huge understatement

Offline Suppressed

Bill Clinton and George W. Bush both promised during their presidential campaigns to move the embassy to Jerusalem.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/world/middleeast/jerusalem-us-embassy-trump.html

Stop with the facts! Donnie's supposed to be immune from criticism because he's "Our Guy"TM
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
driftdiver wrote:
"I really dislike Trump.   I wish he wasn't President but he is and he has done some good things."

Hmmmmm.......
Lemmmeeeesssseeeee here....

Is it more preferable to:
1. have a president that is likable who does nothing good, or even much bad?
or
2. have a president you dislike who does [at least] some good things?

Oceander

Big Orange Cry-Baby

geronl

Geez...I'm starting to think like @geronl this is scaring me...lol.

Masada is in the middle of  nowhere, a desert. The Israeli Army and Secret Service would be able to spot an intruder 50 miles away out there because there are no nearby cities.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump defunded International Planned Parenthood, 6 9 billion dollars, it's amazing to see some comments. Sounds like the DU. Well, I didn't turn my back on the unborn.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/15/mexico-city-policy-expansion-ends-abortion-aid-abr/

geronl

Trump defunded International Planned Parenthood, 6 9 billion dollars,

It remains to be seen since he signed the budget that funded US Planned Parenthood already

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Iowa defunds Planned Parenthood thanks to Trump's EO to give that right back to the states. Clinics close.

http://www.lifenews.com/2017/05/18/planned-parenthood-closing-multiple-abortion-clinics-in-iowa-after-state-defunds-it/

Real proud hours for the NTs.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Which is nice and all, but not germane to this discussion.

Masada means more to Israel than a mere historical site. As @240B said, the Red Boots run up the side for graduation - but it's what happens after they have reached the top that really counts.

Trump was invited to Masada. It was a test. He failed. Clinton passed. GWB passed. The Worm was (wisely) never even asked. No, it won't hurt him not to have gone. The Israelis will still be polite and co-operate within reason. Still, it were better he had.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline rodamala

Maybe he's afraid of heights.  Cable-cars can be pretty scary.... and like amusement park rides, you just never know who has or has NOT kept up maintenance on them.

Just when Trump thought all he had to fear was the liberal media... now he has to worry about Jaws chewing through the cable car cable too!

SO UNFAIR!

Offline RedHead

Probably a secret service thing.  But your petty child-mind probably doesn't understand.

Obama and Bush both landed at the base of the mountain and took the cable car up.  Are you saying that the Secret Service didn't care about them?

geronl

Just when Trump thought all he had to fear was the liberal media... now he has to worry about Jaws chewing through the cable car cable too!

SO UNFAIR!

:silly:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Israel is on my bucket list. I taught about Masada in Sunday School classes. (Jewish Sunday School History classes).
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline thackney

Obama and Bush both landed at the base of the mountain and took the cable car up.  Are you saying that the Secret Service didn't care about them?

Obama did not visit nor was invited to Masada.  Clinton did.

I believe Secret Service may have tighter requirements these days.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Obama did not visit nor was invited to Masada.  Clinton did.

I believe Secret Service may have tighter requirements these days.

Of course  they do .... but, please, don't interrupt playtime in romper room --- wait until they go down for a nap before posting.   

@thackney

Offline cato potatoe

I'm in Israel now.  The locals don't seem too thrilled with his visit.  It comes amid a 50-year celebration for the reunification of Jerusalem.  Whomever was staying at the King David hotel gets kicked out, with no vacancy elsewhere.  The old city is getting locked down and security is ridiculous.  Meanwhile, Israeli media is running Trump's greatest hits: a compilation of anti-Muslim idiocy from the past 18 months.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:58:38 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Thank you for the on the ground.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

Thank you for the on the ground.  :beer:

LOL!

"Hello, everyone, this is your action news reporter with all the news that is news across the nation, on the scene at the koshersupermarket.
There seems to have been some disturbance here. Pardon me, sir, did you see what happened?"

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I'm in Israel now.  The locals don't seem too thrilled with his visit.  It comes amid a 50-year celebration for the reunification of Jerusalem.  Whomever was staying at the King David hotel gets kicked out, with no vacancy elsewhere.  The old city is getting locked down and security is ridiculous.  Meanwhile, Israeli media is running Trump's greatest hits: a compilation of anti-Muslim idiocy from the past 18 months.

I wonder what they are saying locally about his constantly flip flopping on the state of Jerusalem and who it belongs to and the Western Wall which he said belonged to the Palestinians in the past few weeks.