Author Topic: TRUMP IS DANCING!!! WHAT COMEY SAID UNDER OATH HAS DEMS SCRAMBLING THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!  (Read 4024 times)

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
It would appear so...

Huzzah! Veep kittehs! Best news I've heard or seen all afternoon.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 06:36:55 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

geronl

What an idiotic headline.

An obvious Trumpaganda headline, often they start with "Trump was right...."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
An obvious Trumpaganda headline, often they start with "Trump was right...."

Now hold on there, @geronl!  It's in all-caps so we need to pay attention.   :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Good. Let's put this stupidity to bed so we can get back to lambasting Trump for failing to properly drive through an actually conservative agenda. ;-)
****drummer
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:29:10 pm by skeeter »

Offline SirLinksALot

RE: TRUMP IS DANCING!!!

Yep, I saw him doing this at SNL last year ....

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:39:13 pm by SirLinksALot »

geronl

Now hold on there, @geronl!  It's in all-caps so we need to pay attention.   :laugh:

lol. Maybe Trump would whine less if he spoke in all caps?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Among other things Trump has to learn is what it means to be president and to stop acting like an ass. He's acted like one his whole life, so I guess he has problems stopping even when he's the prez. He has to learn sometime. I hope.  (and yes, I voted for him.)

Nah, he's never going to learn that.  Way too old to change his nature.  I'm resigned to that, and I voted for him too.

Only thing to do is focus on the substance, and ignore the rest.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The actual statement Comey made (skip the third party editorializing) doesn't match the all caps sensationalist title. Comey, like all government people, very carefully qualified his statement under oath. It leaves a lot of things open. Really doesn't change much actually.

We won't know until the memo is released. Right now everything is assumption.

Offline SirLinksALot

BEFORE TRUMP OR ANYONE SUPPORTING HIM DANCES OVER THIS, IT's WISE TO TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AT THE TESTIMONY OF COMEY....

Key question: Is Comey claiming here that :

A) He’s never experienced political pressure during an investigation of any kind, not even from the White House

or

B) Is he claiming that he’s never experienced it from the DOJ?

Let's look at what  Senator Mazie Hirono’s question was about — Was she referring to the DOJ, or the White House, or the entire trump administration in general?

Let's look at the transcripts again:

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: In theory yes.

HIRONO: Has it happened?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that — without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It’s not happened in my experience.

So, read the question again -- SHE WAS REFERRING TO THE DOJ, NOT TRUMP.

Comey  wasn’t asked about Trump so technically his answer’s not inconsistent with the phantom memo we have yet to see.

You can interpret Comey’s answer in three ways:

Either:

1)  Trump asked Comey to stop the investigation and Comey mislead the Senate by specifically referring to the actions of the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General and hiding from them an attempt by Trump to stop an investigation. Or

2) Trump made no such request.

Or,

3) Comey considered that the comment fell into the category of “they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it.

In other words, he did not take it as an attempt to interfere in the investigation. Two of these three options explain the skepticism expressed by Senator Burr earlier today on the memo story.

Hence, The question here is similar to the question of why he didn’t report what Trump allegedly said to him to his superiors at the DOJ. The likely answer to that one is that he thought Trump’s request was inappropriate but not so clear-cut a threat as to constitute obstruction and he didn’t want to set off a political firestorm over an ambiguous remark.

That’s defensible — but Hirono isn’t asking him about offenses that rise to the level of obstruction here. She’s asking whether he’s experienced any form of political pressure on an investigation from the DOJ.

As such, it’s hard to square his omission of Trump’s request with the memo reported by the Times unless he goes the hyper-lawyerly route. And if he goes the hyper-lawyerly route, his credibility’s going to take another hit.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
We need to see this memo.  It's creating a reality of its own while it remains hidden. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We need to see this memo.  It's creating a reality of its own while it remains hidden.

Yes it is, and it's troubling.  It's like all those stories back in '98 about how Clinton lost his temper in the Paula Jones Deposition, and people were dying to see it, only to be let down when they found out no such thing happened.

All this is just playing on expectations, and the manipulation pisses me off now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Yes it is, and it's troubling.  It's like all those stories back in '98 about how Clinton lost his temper in the Paula Jones Deposition, and people were dying to see it, only to be let down when they found out no such thing happened.

All this is just playing on expectations, and the manipulation pisses me off now.

Kind of like the "Hillary is deathly ill" during the campaign and all the stories about that. I remember all the speculation about all the diseases she had and how she would quit. Then, shortly after the peak of it, she came to a debate with no signs of illness. The stories set her opponents off guard for several weeks.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Kind of like the "Hillary is deathly ill" during the campaign and all the stories about that. I remember all the speculation about all the diseases she had and how she would quit. Then, shortly after the peak of it, she came to a debate with no signs of illness. The stories set her opponents off guard for several weeks.

It's been a trick in the Dems playbook for decades, and it only works so well because they have a willing media to play up the rumors for them.
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
lol. Maybe Trump would whine less if he spoke in all caps?

Yeah, it goes from whining to screeching.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley