Author Topic: Vladimir Putin personally signed off on Russian bank financing of Trump International Hotel and Tower  (Read 1229 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
On a day when Donald Trump is battling off his detonating Russia outrage from all sides, the news just deteriorated him. In spite of his continuous request that he’s had for all intents and purposes no business dealings with Russia, it’s currently been uncovered that the Trump International Hotel and Tower was covertly financed by a Russian government controlled bank – and that the arrangement was endorsed by Vladimir Putin himself.....

http://joy105.com/index.php/2017/05/17/vladimir-putin-personally-signed-off-on-russian-bank-financing-of-trump-international-hotel-and-tower/

Offline goodwithagun

It's a good thing that we didn't get the candidate who took a personal loan from Goldman Sachs  :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline beandog

Sure he did.  *****rollingeyes*****
What the heck is Joy105.com?

Offline ABX

Sure he did.  *****rollingeyes*****
What the heck is Joy105.com?

Talk radio station, but they are quoting The Wall Street Journal. Also reported by Business Insider:
http://www.businessinsider.com/russian-vnesheconombank-trump-toronto-hotel-2017-5

Also another part of the story reported by CNBC.
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/27/trump-son-in-law-met-executives-of-sanctioned-russian-bank-will-testify.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Trump was never a partner," Zucker said. "He never had an equity interest. We licensed his name and there was a contract for him to manage the hotel." 

The project was initially a joint venture between Trump and Shnaider, who approached Trump in 2004 asking to license the Trump name for the 65-story tower. Trump said at the time that he would "manage the hotel's operations," according to The Journal, while Shnaider and his business partner, Val Levitan, would focus on the development.

Additionally, Zucker claimed, "we had nothing to do with VEB... the infusion of cash [into the hotel] didn't come from the Russians -- Alex [Shnaider] borrowed $350 million from an Austrian bank and invested some of his own" into the project.

http://www.businessinsider.com/russian-vnesheconombank-trump-toronto-hotel-2017-5

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@AbaraXas

Like President Trump said today at the commencement:  "NEVER stop fighting!  Never quit!  Never give up!"

Keep tryin' buddy.    ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline endicom

@AbaraXas

Like President Trump said today at the commencement:  "NEVER stop fighting!  Never quit!  Never give up!"

Keep tryin' buddy.    ^-^

They think they smell blood. They think it's time to go in for the kill.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 03:06:32 am by endicom »

Offline ABX

Glad you went there because that actually makes Trump a liar as he tells people officially it as 'Trump property' not something he just stuck his name on (branded property). He has it listed under his "Real Estate Portfolio" section.
http://www.trump.com/real-estate-portfolio/toronto/trump-tower/

But that actually is true, as pointed out many times, most things Trump takes credit for are just places where he sold the rights to use his name, he isn't some master developer or business man.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I'm not sure why one of Trump's business ventures from long before the Presidency is even relevant here.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Glad you went there because that actually makes Trump a liar as he tells people officially it as 'Trump property' not something he just stuck his name on (branded property). He has it listed under his "Real Estate Portfolio" section.
http://www.trump.com/real-estate-portfolio/toronto/trump-tower/

Splitting hairs here @AbaraXas   *****rollingeyes*****

But keep trying .... I'm looking forward to seeing what you try next.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 03:11:02 am by Right_in_Virginia »

I'm not sure why one of Trump's business ventures from long before the Presidency is even relevant here.

It's not.   ^-^

Offline ABX

Splitting hairs here @AbaraXas   *****rollingeyes*****

But keep trying .... I'm looking forward to seeing what you try next.

Not splitting hairs, and this is just one article.. I guess you missed the other where Kushner was also involved w/ the bank in this transaction and has been called to testify on it. Both Jared Kushner and Trump met with the bank president in December and didn't disclose the meeting (posted in another thread).

Offline ABX

It just came up again because he and his son in law met with the bank's president in December and didn't disclose it. Kushner has been called to testify on the matter. Also, adds to the asinine constant denials from Trump he has zero involvement or interest in Russia. As pointed out in another post, it is stupid to deny it when it is documented and was something he and his businesses bragged about and disclosed before it became an election issue.

All part of that tangled web they have woven.

Offline Frank Cannon

Talk radio station, but they are quoting The Wall Street Journal. Also reported by Business Insider:

Also another part of the story reported by CNBC.
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/27/trump-son-in-law-met-executives-of-sanctioned-russian-bank-will-testify.html

Wow. JOY 105! If you are caller number 5 you can win tickets to the petting zoo. You just need to know the phrase that pays!

Dragging the barrel to dig up breaking news from 2004. You know, the year when we were in a daily battle with the Soviets and Bush damn near started a hot war with them....

[/quote]

geronl

Well, of course he did. lol, not surprised.

Well, of course he did. lol, not surprised.

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but it would go a long way to improving your credibility if you'd read the information posted before you reach for something facetious to write.

Donald Trump (The Trump Organization)  in 2004 allowed the Trump name to be used and signed a contract to manage the hotel.  The Trump Organization had nothing to do with the financing.  Scroll up thread to read more about this.

@geronl

Offline anubias

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but it would go a long way to improving your credibility if you'd read the information posted before you reach for something facetious to write.

Donald Trump (The Trump Organization)  in 2004 allowed the Trump name to be used and signed a contract to manage the hotel.  The Trump Organization had nothing to do with the financing.  Scroll up thread to read more about this.

@geronl

Have you lost your mind @Right_in_Virginia ? How could @geronl possibly have time to swing around flinging his one liners multiple times on every thread if he actually had to read the article?  Really, RIV.  You ask too much.   :nono: