Author Topic: Chinese Plea for Freedom Found in Cupcake Box in New York  (Read 798 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Chinese Plea for Freedom Found in Cupcake Box in New York
« on: May 17, 2017, 01:54:38 pm »
NY News
Chinese Plea for Freedom Found in Cupcake Box in New York
By Bowen Xiao, Epoch Times |

April 24, 2017 AT 4:23 PM

Last Updated: May 1, 2017 2:52 pm

(Courtesy of Lourdes Figueiredo)

(Courtesy of Lourdes Figueiredo)

NEW YORK—When Lourdes Figueiredo opened a small set of cupcake boxes bought from a Christmas tree shop months ago, out dropped a piece of paper with the English words, “Made in china prison. I want freedom.”

“I was in shock,” said Figueiredo, a 26-year-old from Yonkers, New York. “At first I thought maybe it was a joke but then after I posted it [on Facebook] I got a lot of feedback saying that it wasn’t the first time something like that has happened.”

In 2013, Julie Keith from Damascus, Oregon found in a box of Halloween decoration a full-page letter by Sun Yi, a prison inmate from the Masanjia Women’s Labor Camp in northeastern China. Sun, who was imprisoned for practicing the persecuted spiritual discipline Falun Gong, included details of the tortures faced by Masanjia inmates and a plea for the letter to be resent to human rights organizations.

Read more at: http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2245039-chinese-plea-for-freedom-found-in-cupcake-box-in-new-york/

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Chinese Plea for Freedom Found in Cupcake Box in New York
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 04:16:58 pm »
Approach with extreme skepticism, IMO.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 04:55:09 pm »
Again? It's worked so well all the other times.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 05:23:32 pm »
Again? It's worked so well all the other times.

Dock that Chink a days pay for corresponding to cupcakes on the job.