Author Topic: The Memo: GOP anger at Trump is building  (Read 2164 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: The Memo: GOP anger at Trump is building
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2017, 06:12:20 pm »
If the GOPe is angry, it is because TRump is still in office. They do not care if they lose our votes. They haven't cared for decades. They have lied to us for decades as well. When was the last time GOPe ever voted for something that helped this country?

They need to protect their money train and Trump doesn't go with that theme.

And add to this @flowers --- the GOPe prefers to be the minority party so they don't have to busy themselves with leading and can just sit back and count their money and perks.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2017, 06:12:41 pm »
Let's see what today brings.
Every evening about 5:30 eastern time, a new story will come out of somewhere, and everyone will scramble to defend/deny/lambaste/slam/rationalize, etc.

Yes, it is fatiguing.

Who do I blame?

the media AND Trump!

I do not know if their relationship is symbiotic, or parasite/host (not sure which is which), but they need one another.

Trump needs the attention and the media needs the ratings.

Trump stories bring ratings, and Trump does many things to be the center of the story.

Offline bilo

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2017, 06:13:01 pm »
No wall

Hillary not in jail

PP funded to the end of the FY

Obamacare still in place

No tax cuts

etc etc etc

Nah...can't imagine why the rank and file members of the GOP would be angry at him.

They aren't angry because he's still in office...they're angry because he hasn't fulfilled one promise yet he said he'd do.

:amen:

I'm so fed up with the Pubs. I'm still holding out hope that they will actually do what they said they would for 7 years and repeal obamacare, but I do realize it's not likely. I see no reason to support them in the future if they won't do what they promise to do.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 06:14:12 pm »
Thank you @Emjay ... This is the first time I LOL all day.   Love it!   888high58888

You're very welcome.  And I just saw two Wild Lovebirds, a Red Crested Cardinal, a lot of Spotted Doves and a bunch of little birds I don't know the names of at the Bird Feeder.  Keeps me calm.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline flowers

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2017, 06:16:53 pm »
And add to this @flowers --- the GOPe prefers to be the minority party so they don't have to busy themselves with leading and can just sit back and count their money and perks.
Yep, been saying that all along they want to be the minority party, then they can act like they care about us and say "hey we tried, but the left wouldn't let us do anything"  Obamacare repeal is perfect example. They sent it up to obama knowing he would stop it. Now they cannot do anything about it? They are the majority.  @Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2017, 06:20:07 pm »
Yep, been saying that all along they want to be the minority party, then they can act like they care about us and say "hey we tried, but the left wouldn't let us do anything"  Obamacare repeal is perfect example. They sent it up to obama knowing he would stop it. Now they cannot do anything about it? They are the majority.  @Right_in_Virginia

Yup .... this is our government @flowers :

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2017, 06:21:35 pm »
You're very welcome.  And I just saw two Wild Lovebirds, a Red Crested Cardinal, a lot of Spotted Doves and a bunch of little birds I don't know the names of at the Bird Feeder.  Keeps me calm.

I feel the same way about dust bunnies.   :laugh:

@Emjay

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 06:24:20 pm »
Appeasing the Left is what the GOP does best.

Why should it be any different over getting all aflutter over a possible 'memo' that is damning if it exists or damning if it does not exist?

The GOP does what the Leftist Masters stoking their mobs into frothing rage demand.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2017, 07:28:24 pm »
Other stuff in post is absolutely spot on - agree with you 100%.

Quoted bit though - no. Not Reagan. Trump could not do Reagan's style. He'd be so obviously faking it'd put everyone off - even his stronger supporters.

I suggest a different speaker for style tips. A very good speaker, convincing as hell, moving, yet with the same down to earth way that Trump has. Bill Clinton.

** puts on asbestos underwear **

:thumbsup3:

I HEARD that!

Because there's no way he could do Reagan.

Billy Jeff the used car salesman may be within his grasp.

"If you yourself cannot be great then you should emulate the actions of great men. Then your acts will have an air of greatness to them."

Niccolo Machiavelli.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls$$t.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 07:29:29 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline anubias

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2017, 08:22:12 pm »
 :police:
Excuse me???  Congress is angry because Trump hasn't done all the things they kept him from doing?

Yeah, my eyes bugged out of my head on that one too.  Hilarious!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2017, 09:43:23 pm »

No boobies? You poor soul...

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2017, 11:43:49 pm »
Fatigue?  Fatigue?

I'll show them some fatigue.  They need to stop worrying about their own butts and get off of them and defend Trump.

I'm not asking that they defend him over any wrongdoings but these latest media scandals are not about wrongdoings, they are about accusations of wrongdoings and wild speculations.

Well see that is where the problem lies. Not everyone agrees about whether or not these are "wrongdoings". I would hope no one would defend a president just because they shared the same political affiliations. That would be....wrong.

Offline beandog

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2017, 01:23:31 am »
Well see that is where the problem lies. Not everyone agrees about whether or not these are "wrongdoings". I would hope no one would defend a president just because they shared the same political affiliations. That would be....wrong.
I would hope no one would believe things that have not been proven about Trump, just because they don't like that he got elected.  That would be....wrong. *****rollingeyes*****