Author Topic: Trump ADMITS sharing intelligence with Russian officials 'which I have the absolute right to do', contradicting White House officials who said claims he slipped classified ISIS secrets were FALSE  (Read 3510 times)

Offline Jarhead

Yeah. They're always serious until they're not.

This is hilarious! So they stated last night no sensitive or classified information was shared during the meeting. Now we have liberals loading the boards stating he is contradicting his own staff and then point to the WAPO article as evidence. His tweet said he shared information beneficial to both parties. Well DUH! Of course he did. Did we think he invited them over for crumpets and tea? Was it revealed WHAT info was shared in that tweet? Nope. But WAPO tells us it was classified info so it must be true. It couldn't have been joint information on a strategy on terrorism it HAD to be classified information with the Russians that's it! Because well you know there is collusion there and we need this to play out his entire first term so the real investigations around Hillary don't start.

You can't make this stuff up. There is an active coup and the mindless are getting right in line

Offline anubias

Trump and his staff really need to coordinate their lying. That would be the professional thing to do.

For once a post from you that your contribution as an expert can be appreciated.  Thank you.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
This is hilarious! So they stated last night no sensitive or classified information was shared during the meeting. Now we have liberals loading the boards stating he is contradicting his own staff and then point to the WAPO article as evidence. His tweet said he shared information beneficial to both parties. Well DUH! Of course he did. Did we think he invited them over for crumpets and tea? Was it revealed WHAT info was shared in that tweet? Nope. But WAPO tells us it was classified info so it must be true. It couldn't have been joint information on a strategy on terrorism it HAD to be classified information with the Russians that's it! Because well you know there is collusion there and we need this to play out his entire first term so the real investigations around Hillary don't start.

You can't make this stuff up. There is an active coup and the mindless are getting right in line

Two words: decaf coffee. Try it, you might like it.

Silver Pines

@Jarhead

This is hilarious! So they stated last night no sensitive or classified information was shared during the meeting.

Not quite.  McMasters said that no sources, methods, or military operations were discussed, but none of those were claimed to begin with. 

The bottom line is that, even if the information were classified, Trump has the right, as president, to declassify it.  Doesn't mean that's the right thing to do.

Now we have liberals loading the boards stating he is contradicting his own staff

You made that accusation on another thread.  Who are the liberals here?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@mystery-ak

That's the thing..I am not getting upset until there is more info on this story...anything that comes out of the WashPo is suspect at the very least.

Exactly right.

If you read the WaPo article closely, and look at other information out there, it becomes clear that this horrendous leak of highly classified information was about....the threat from laptop computer bombs, which led to the laptop ban with which most of us are already familiar, and has been reported in multiple media outlets.

In other words, it's a non-story.  While the government has not come out and directly confirmed that the reason for the laptop ban is because of ME intel, it's something we all already knew anyway.  So why it is still "classified", it is nevertheless widely known, and the Russians gained nothing by us telling them something they already knew.  But because it still hadn't been formally declassified, anti-Trumpers in the media and elsewhere manufactured a story out of it.

Offline Suppressed

McMasters said that no sources, methods, or military operations were discussed, but none of those were claimed to begin with.

@CatherineofAragon

BINGO. 

Sensitive information may be revealed even if no sources, methods, or military operations are actually discussed.  Agents have been killed by loose tongues that don't specifically reveal sources, methods, or operations.  Sometimes the information itself is enough to reveal a source.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Just_Victor

I think the key words to focus on here are "shared highly classified information".  Trump admits that he shared info .... but he didn't say that he shared classified or highly classified info.  Big difference that apparently many here are only too eager to dismiss or ignore.  Playing into the radical left's agenda is not very bright, IMHO.
Maybe it's just me, but everytime I have a meeting, the point is to share info.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Jarhead

Trump and his staff really need to coordinate their lying. That would be the professional thing to do.

Ya I know! Far be it from WAPO and a few feeble minded to read something there there
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 04:53:58 pm by Jarhead »

Offline Jarhead

@Jarhead

Not quite.  McMasters said that no sources, methods, or military operations were discussed, but none of those were claimed to begin with. 

The bottom line is that, even if the information were classified, Trump has the right, as president, to declassify it.  Doesn't mean that's the right thing to do.

You made that accusation on another thread.  Who are the liberals here?

Still sniffing them out but will get back to you on that.

Thanks for the correction by the way

Offline FreeReign

@CatherineofAragon

BINGO. 

Sensitive information may be revealed even if no sources, methods, or military operations are actually discussed.  Agents have been killed by loose tongues that don't specifically reveal sources, methods, or operations.  Sometimes the information itself is enough to reveal a source.

You have specific information that Trump released "sensitive information" that will "kill agents" and others? In the meantime, you sound like a CNN talking head, speculating out of thin air about the imaginary dangers of Donald Trump.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
After watching McMaster's presser I don't think there is any there, there....I trust him more than the WaPo.

Of Course the MSN is going to ride this story to death like they do all the others.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

Still sniffing them out but will get back to you on that.

Thanks for the correction by the way

Oh, well, when you sniff out the plants, get back to us. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Maybe it's just me, but everytime I have a meeting, the point is to share info.

Or, to gather information or send messages. 

Offline Just_Victor

Or, to gather information or send messages.

I refuse meetings where I have to gather info (i.e. I'm someone's lacky) or where my presence is intended to send a "message."

And, me being an engineer, the meeting organizer is usually grateful for my choice.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I refuse meetings where I have to gather info (i.e. I'm someone's lacky) or where my presence is intended to send a "message."

And, me being an engineer, the meeting organizer is usually grateful for my choice.

Yes, but I'm talking about meeting with enemies of the US.  Engineers don't usually have to deal with that sort of situation.

(And, your answer was so engineer!)