Author Topic: BREAKING>>>NYT...Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation  (Read 9849 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Noah Rothman‏Verified account @NoahCRothman 5m5 minutes ago

Health care? Tax code reform? Immigration? Anything? What is the point of defending Trump? Pride? Sending a message to someone, somewhere?
8 replies 7 retweets 15 likes
Noah Rothman‏Verified account @NoahCRothman 6m6 minutes ago

Republicans are in the strongest position they've been in since the 1920s. What will they accomplish with Trump in the WH? I'd love to know.
5 replies 6 retweets 11 likes
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Noah Rothman‏Verified account @NoahCRothman 4m4 minutes ago

When Dems lost 63 seats in 2010, it was because they passed a paradigm-shifting law. Rs will lose the house behind an ego. For nothing.
0 replies 5 retweets 5 likes
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Mesaclone

It's the seriousness of the charge....which is obstruction of justice according to the Dems

In order to have a "serious charge", you must first have a "serious act" of volition. What we ACTUALLY have is a 3rd hand party asserting (hearsay at best) that another party wrote a memo stating that the president "hoped" the FBI could let something go. When did "hoping" EVER equate to ordering or obstructing? Its entirely different, and is the quintessential example of a situation in which there is no "there" there.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 11:05:53 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: NYT...Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2017, 11:05:04 pm »
DRUDGE REPORT

COMEY REVENGE COMMENCES

This was my first thought.    I said to myself this is about the worst thing of which Comey could think of which to accuse Trump.    It is within the realm of plausibility,  and so of course the media will hype it up. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline beandog

Noah Rothman‏Verified account @NoahCRothman 4m4 minutes ago

When Dems lost 63 seats in 2010, it was because they passed a paradigm-shifting law. Rs will lose the house behind an ego. For nothing.
0 replies 5 retweets 5 likes
Who the heck is Noah Rothman and why should we care what he thinks? :shrug:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
In order to have a "serious charge", you must first have a "serious act" of volition. What we ACTUALLY have is a 3rd hand party asserting (hearsay at best) that another party wrote a memo stating that the president "hoped" the FBI could let something go. When did "hoping" EVER equate to ordering or obstructing? Its entirely different, and is the quintessential example of a situation in which there is no "there" there.
Dems playing risky lawyer games. A writing by itself, proves nothing but that Comey is a slick lawyer, trying to get his way.

A savvy real estate dealer, has probably never been in high level negotiations, or had his lawyer advised him to make a "contemporaneous writing," right?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

Gov. Mike Huckabee‏Verified account @GovMikeHuckabee

NY Times now reports that anonymous source saw @realDonaldTrump on grassy knoll in Dallas on Nov 22, 1963. Cong Adam Shifty says impeach!

Mockery is the proper response to anything coming out of the Washington/New York media establishment. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Seth Mandel‏Verified account @SethAMandel 2h2 hours ago

A friend of Comey's read parts of a memo to NYT reporter? That's the sourcing. Holy moly. Thanks for the honesty, but that's not journalism.
59 replies 426 retweets 592 likes
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

Dems playing risky lawyer games. A writing by itself, proves nothing but that Comey is a slick lawyer, trying to get his way.

A savvy real estate dealer, has probably never been in high level negotiations, or had his lawyer advised him to make a "contemporaneous writing," right?

Or tape a conversation...

Lets see how Comey testifies under oath.

Offline DiogenesLamp

The Reagan Battalion‏Verified account @ReaganBattalion 6h6 hours ago

.@SenatorTimScott, not being asked about healthcare, tax reform, VA, he is being asked about Trump's mess ups.

Trump kills the GOP agenda!

And George Allen killed his campaign by saying "Mr. Macaca or whatever his name is."   

No,  it wasn't the massive media firestorm unleashed on him by his political enemies who are actual blood relatives of the people in the media system,  it's because George Allen said "Macaca." 

Stupid George Allen.   He should never say anything which the media can bend into a pretzel and turn against  him.    He should have always been perfect in everything he said so that an army of hostile Democrat Operatives with press credentials can't mine it for propaganda. 

Why can't our guys be perfect in everything they say and do?   If they were perfect,  the media wouldn't be able to savage them this way!  It's their fault they are not perfect,  not the media's fault for being an arm of the Democrat party. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Noah Rothman‏Verified account @NoahCRothman 5m5 minutes ago

Health care? Tax code reform? Immigration? Anything? What is the point of defending Trump? Pride? Sending a message to someone, somewhere?
8 replies 7 retweets 15 likes
Noah Rothman‏Verified account @NoahCRothman 6m6 minutes ago

Republicans are in the strongest position they've been in since the 1920s. What will they accomplish with Trump in the WH? I'd love to know.
5 replies 6 retweets 11 likes

Press Mob Veto. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline bolobaby

More nothingburger, if you ask me. I could care less about Flynn. To me, it smells like Scooter Libby bullcrap. He withdrew himself from consideration and I hardly think anything he did really amounts to a crime as serious as, say, having all your SoS emails on a private server in your bathroom.

But what do I know? Some pigs are more equal than others.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online Hoodat

Contemporaneous notes are accepted by the Courts.

The only thing missing here is the commission of an actual crime.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Trump could have given Comey a direct order not to investigate, and there would be absolutely nothing illegal about it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Erick Erickson‏Verified account @EWErickson 19m19 minutes ago

Scoop: GOP polling over the weekend shifted against them in Montana and Georgia. National GOP starting to worry.
Support the USO

Offline goodwithagun

Scoop: GOP polling over the weekend shifted against them in Montana and Georgia. National GOP starting to worry.

At the risk of a thread Jack, @mystery-ak has 55 posts to hit 250K!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Poppy Harlow‏Verified account @PoppyHarlowCNN 2m2 minutes ago

.@DanaBashCNN just now:  Trump supporters in congress speaking to her with "level of gravity" she has not heard from them before @AC360

Poppy Harlow‏Verified account @PoppyHarlowCNN 13m13 minutes ago

.@David_Gergen worked in Nixon White House and just said "I think we're in impeachment territory now" & "of enormous consequence" for @POTUS
Support the USO

Offline bolobaby

We all know where I stand with Trump, but this is BS. It's a witch hunt and someone with some frickin' balls needs to put a stop to it. Not Trump. That should be a seious "no duh" for everyone involved.

How about someone with some serious gravitas, understanding of the law, and clout?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

The Dem plan is to drive down poll numbers to the point that the Repubs will be glad to start impeachment proceedings.....then if that is a success they will start attacking Pres Pence....the Repubs never learn that it isn't really about the *man*..it's about power.
Support the USO

Offline goodwithagun

We all know where I stand with Trump, but this is BS. It's a witch hunt and someone with some frickin' balls needs to put a stop to it. Not Trump. That should be a seious "no duh" for everyone involved.

How about someone with some serious gravitas, understanding of the law, and clout?

That's the problem. They know he's going to shoot off his mouth about. If they keep tossing things at him, eventually he's going to explode. I have a student just like him. She has to react to every comment and have the last word. She makes a fool of herself because the other kids are just saying random things just to push her buttons. If they keep saying things they will eventually hit a nerve, she explodes, and then she ends op saying things that get her in serious trouble. That's Trump.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

I actually sort of agree.

Trump needs to come clean with what happened though.

I still don't know what the bleep is going on.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 The Reagan Battalion‏Verified account @ReaganBattalion 53s53 seconds ago

Breaking: Sen. @SenJohnMcCain just now: The Trump scandals have reached a "Watergate size and scale."
Support the USO

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I can't see this sort of chaos continuing for 4 years, imo. Question is what breaks first? My guess would be Trump. He either learns how to behave better or he has some sort of health/mental breakdown. I'm hoping for the former.

Offline etcb

Comey was "taking notes" to document Trump.  Does anyone put it past Comey to doctor those notes a bit to make things look worse than they were since he was laying a trap for Trump?  If it was somebody other than Comey, I'd believe it as Trump is indeed a bull in a china shop, but I don't trust anything coming from Comey.
It is my understanding that when Mr. Comey was fired, he was in California and his office and all contents were secured.  Also, any government documents, computers, phones and other property with him should have been turned in and secured.  Would it be reasonable that he would be carrying on his person official notes created over two months ago especially when he fully expected to remain in office.  Something doesn't seem right here