Author Topic: Erick Erickson says at least one source in the Washington Post story is pro-Trump  (Read 7062 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He's had a hard year.  But I would not throw being harassed at home by nutcase Trump supporters (are there any other kind) into the mix. 

Even if true, which I doubt, that does not compare to serious health problems.

No, but if your wife has what is usually a fatal disease, you almost die, and on top of if, you've got creeps harassing you at your home - well, it must be almost too much to bear.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

I'd forgotten all about his personal post - "I should have been dead" or something like that was the title. Careless of me.

Though I do still think Salem had a hand in his leaving - else why wouldn't he just step down from the editor slot of the site he put so much into getting off the ground and become an emeritus contributor?

You could be right about that.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
You could be right about that.

Well he did start The Resurgent...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
No, but if your wife has what is usually a fatal disease, you almost die, and on top of if, you've got creeps harassing you at your home - well, it must be almost too much to bear.

Okay, if creeps of any persuasion were harassing that family at home, it is wrong and they shouldn't have to put up with it.

Where are the cops in this situation?

And, do we know they were harassed.  I'll have to check that out.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
From what I found, Trump supporters did go to Erickson's home after he disinvited Trump to an event.

But we know Trump supporters are crazy and mean so what else is new.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Okay, if creeps of any persuasion were harassing that family at home, it is wrong and they shouldn't have to put up with it.

Where are the cops in this situation?

And, do we know they were harassed.  I'll have to check that out.

The Cops were the ones breaking down his door.  He was one of the early victims of "Swatting".

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/local/wsb-erickson-victim-swatting/S704n1QxmnwXDVYqxJHZKN/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Yes, we do. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/14/opinion/erick-erickson-the-gop-after-donald-trump.html

I thought the New York Times as all fake news all the time now.  But maybe that story was true.

Silver Pines

Jesus deliver us all from cataclysmic willful stupidity.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It would be interesting to see what Jesus would say about this Board ... we'd probably all end up in the Hot Place.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It would be interesting to see what Jesus would say about this Board ... we'd probably all end up in the Hot Place.

Afraid you're right, Emjay.  We all need to be a bit more thoughtful.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Afraid you're right, Emjay.  We all need to be a bit more thoughtful.

We really do.  And I know I'm guilty.  But it is kinda amazing how people who claim to yearn for the days of goodness and civility either indulge in or tolerate foul language and personal insults here.

Offline beandog

We really do.  And I know I'm guilty.  But it is kinda amazing how people who claim to yearn for the days of goodness and civility either indulge in or tolerate foul language and personal insults here.
I don't yearn for the "days of goodness and civility", whenever that might have been.  I just yearn for the good old days of sanity. :shrug:

Offline anubias

@anubias

Wow.  Sold out to what/whom?

Shapiro travels all over the country, visiting universities and smacking down leftists, but more importantly, taking the message of conservatism to students who haven't heard it.  And you have zero respect for him?

I know I'm doing a fraction of what Shapiro is doing for the cause of conservatism.  I wonder if you match up.

Which time?  The one that broke this camel's back was to the Wilkes Brothers.  He was head-over-heels for Trump until he got his deal.  While I was glad he suddenly found his Conservatism at the time, I was disgusted at the reasons.  I don't trust folks that can so easily switch sides over a paycheck, but that's just me.

If I was willing to be paid to shill, I probably would match up.  Are you?

Offline anubias

@anubias

We were discussing Erick Erickson and Dana Loesch. 

I am so sick of all this fevered hyperbole.  Where in the world did I say Erickson was a great person?  Although yes, he seems decent to me. 

It seems that the measure of one's worth these days is how firmly his or her lips are attached to Trump's backside.

As you are well aware, I have never liked EE.  I have stated so several times.  I didn't go to RedState when I supported Cruz because of it.  You aren't the only one that is sick of hyperbole.  I am sick to death of it.

Offline anubias

@anubias

Also (I forgot to include this point) don't you think we've gone too far with the concept that if you dislike a person for something, they can never be right about anything else?  The degree to which we want to live in our own little self-protective bubbles and accept only a few pet sources has become insane.

Erickson could have been a total jerk during the birth of the Tea Party.  I don't know and don't much care.  That's irrelevant to his claim that he knows one of the White House sources.

EE has always been about promoting EE.  If you want to follow such people, that is your decision.  Have at it.  He is not my cup of tea.

Offline anubias

What a rotten guy!    *****rollingeyes*****

If that is the case, I expect him to be on television in a few years.  That would be more his style.  Watch and see.  ;)

Offline anubias

I don't yearn for the "days of goodness and civility", whenever that might have been.  I just yearn for the good old days of sanity. :shrug:

You win the Internets!   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If that is the case, I expect him to be on television in a few years.  That would be more his style.  Watch and see.  ;)

Lot of justifying going on there...just sayin'.

Silver Pines

@anubias

Which time?

I'm asking you.  I don't know what you're talking about.

The one that broke this camel's back was to the Wilkes Brothers.  He was head-over-heels for Trump until he got his deal.  While I was glad he suddenly found his Conservatism at the time, I was disgusted at the reasons.  I don't trust folks that can so easily switch sides over a paycheck, but that's just me.

Okay, I went and did a little research.  What you say isn't quite true.  Shapiro wrote a very positive article about Trump for Townhall in 2011.  It didn't touch on policy much; Ben wrote mostly about Trump's brash attitude and apparent willingness to take on the Democrats.  He approved and said he hoped Trump would be the candidate. 

Shapiro was in his twenties at that time.  Are your viewpoints the same as they were when you were that age?

Forward five years.  Ben declared himself #NeverTrump after watching and listening to Trump on the campaign trail and at the debates.  He said Trump was still fun to watch, but he couldn't morally justify voting for him.  Those months of Trump in action were what convinced all #NeverTrumpers of their position.

Dana Loesch wrote an article detailing Trump's involvement with organized crime and said she could never vote for him.  Months later, she changed her mind.  I'll bet you wouldn't call her a sell-out.

In 2011, when Shapiro was writing approvingly of Trump, FR's Jim Robinson called him a charlatan and a liberal and said only suckers would support him.  Later on, Jim became a fervent Trump supporter.  Yet, I imagine you'd think the sell-out label doesn't apply to him, either. 

The sources peddling the "Shapiro sells out for a Cruz paycheck" were the usual suspects:  Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, Conservative Treehouse, and some pro-Trump site called gotnews.com.  They claimed that Mark Levin and Glenn Beck did the same thing.

None of that garbage stands up to the light of day.

Silver Pines

EE has always been about promoting EE.  If you want to follow such people, that is your decision.  Have at it.  He is not my cup of tea.

@anubias

Why shouldn't he promote himself to some degree?  He has a family to support.

I don't "follow" people.

Silver Pines

@anubias

Why would that be a bad thing?  Conservatives don't begrudge people their successes.

Offline anubias

@anubias

Why would that be a bad thing?  Conservatives don't begrudge people their successes.

I begrudge televangelists getting rich off little old ladies.  You think it's great, obviously.  I'm no longer a Conservative by your standards.  Robbing little old ladies isn't Conservative by mine.  We all have our different standards.  eh. 

Offline anubias

@anubias

Why shouldn't he promote himself to some degree?  He has a family to support.

I don't "follow" people.

I do apologize then.  I thought you did since you post so many of his articles and always rise to his defense.  My bad for making suppositions.

Offline corbe

I begrudge televangelists getting rich off little old ladies.  You think it's great, obviously.  I'm no longer a Conservative by your standards.  Robbing little old ladies isn't Conservative by mine.  We all have our different standards.  eh. 

Jeez @anubias you don't think the GOP/Trump aren't sending out fundraising requests right now 'Stop the Impeachment' Donate Now to little ol Lady's. Am I assuming to much or reading to much into your post? 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.