Author Topic: Erick Erickson says at least one source in the Washington Post story is pro-Trump  (Read 7063 times)

Silver Pines

It is funny, Erick used to be praised and lauded by the right, up until the point he didn't support Trump. He didn't change, the cult of personality won out over values.

What's even funnier is I bet many who complain converse with Eric on certain political forums on a regular basis and don't even realize it. How he hasn't gotten zotted yet is beyond me. (I'll need to look him up again but I bet he is playing it safe there).

@AbaraXas

Lol, absolutely priceless.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Erickson is a founder of the NT movement.

He served as the editor-in-chief and the CEO of RedState and was a political contributor for CNN, now he's just a lost, angry little boy.

That's him?  I thought he was way prettier.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
So...anybody want to talk about the actual story or just do this:

Anytime Erickson's name is mentioned?

Seems to be the knee jerk pavlovian response requiring no thought or effort that some here fall back on anytime the news isn't all fluffy and gooey about Trump.

Just sayin...

:2popcorn:

You're one to talk, baby.  But I like the pitchfork picture.

Offline anubias

Erickson has always been about himself, not Conservatism.  He has been despised for years.  When we were setting up the TeaParty folks in each state, he was detested then.  This isn't a new "Trump" thing. 

Silver Pines

Erickson has always been about himself, not Conservatism.  He has been despised for years.  When we were setting up the TeaParty folks in each state, he was detested then.  This isn't a new "Trump" thing.

@anubias

Dana Loesch was instrumental in getting the Tea Party off the ground.  She likes Erickson just fine. He fills in for her sometimes.

Silver Pines

Today has seen a lot of accusations about Trump "hate", but the level of dislike for Erickson seems to be right up there, and pretty heated.  Seems like a double standard, yes?

A quick google search of a few keywords yielded articles written by Erickson in which he said he was going to give Trump a chance, urged NeverTrumpers to do the same, etc.  In fact, the leading paragraph of the article linked above reads like this:

"I tend to take these stories about the President with a grain of salt. We have seen key details of a number of salacious stories retracted within 48 hours. The media hates the President so much that they’ll run a negative story about him without very much provocation. Anti-Trump sources embedded within the administration in the career civil service, etc. will leak to the press and confirmation bias sets in."

What's the problem, then?  Erickson pretty much takes the same tack as Ben Shapiro and Jonah Goldberg, among others...he's fair with his criticism and his praise. 

Offline anubias

@anubias

Dana Loesch was instrumental in getting the Tea Party off the ground.  She likes Erickson just fine. He fills in for her sometimes.

Times change when it comes to Trump.  I have no idea what Loesch thought of him then, but I do know what many in the TEAParty thought as I grew sick of hearing about the fool.  You can pretend that all these people that are out for themselves are great people if you like, but I will not.  Just because one is NT, does not mean one has always been a staunch Conservative and uses one's principle's as his moral compass.  It's politics and many in politics are about power and money.  A few of those you continually quote are of that ilk.  There ARE NTs out there that I have or had great respect for.  EE is not one of them.

Offline Hoodat

Erickson says 'I . . . I . . . I' more often than Obama.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Today has seen a lot of accusations about Trump "hate", but the level of dislike for Erickson seems to be right up there, and pretty heated.  Seems like a double standard, yes?

A quick google search of a few keywords yielded articles written by Erickson in which he said he was going to give Trump a chance, urged NeverTrumpers to do the same, etc.  In fact, the leading paragraph of the article linked above reads like this:

"I tend to take these stories about the President with a grain of salt. We have seen key details of a number of salacious stories retracted within 48 hours. The media hates the President so much that they’ll run a negative story about him without very much provocation. Anti-Trump sources embedded within the administration in the career civil service, etc. will leak to the press and confirmation bias sets in."

What's the problem, then?  Erickson pretty much takes the same tack as Ben Shapiro and Jonah Goldberg, among others...he's fair with his criticism and his praise.

The problem is he is not writing flowery prose speaking highly of Trump in every single thing he writes.

There were people on here trashing Ben Shapiro and Dailywire for the same reason the other day.

In some circles Conservatism is no longer permitted...you must support Trumpism or you're attacked.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline anubias

The problem is he is not writing flowery prose speaking highly of Trump in every single thing he writes.

There were people on here trashing Ben Shapiro and Dailywire for the same reason the other day.

In some circles Conservatism is no longer permitted...you must support Trumpism or you're attacked.

You are correct.  Ben Shapiro is another I have zero respect for.  He sold out, but that doesn't matter to you I am sure as long as he is saying what you like hearing.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
but that doesn't matter to you I am sure as long as he is saying what you like hearing.

You just described yourself and a few others here.

Explains how you traded your conservative principals for Trumpism.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline anubias

Keep peddling the BS propaganda.  At least you are consistent.  Avogadro's constant comes to mind.

Silver Pines

You are correct.  Ben Shapiro is another I have zero respect for.  He sold out, but that doesn't matter to you I am sure as long as he is saying what you like hearing.

@anubias

Wow.  Sold out to what/whom?

Shapiro travels all over the country, visiting universities and smacking down leftists, but more importantly, taking the message of conservatism to students who haven't heard it.  And you have zero respect for him?

I know I'm doing a fraction of what Shapiro is doing for the cause of conservatism.  I wonder if you match up.

Silver Pines

@anubias

Times change when it comes to Trump.

We were discussing Erick Erickson and Dana Loesch. 

I have no idea what Loesch thought of him then, but I do know what many in the TEAParty thought as I grew sick of hearing about the fool.  You can pretend that all these people that are out for themselves are great people if you like, but I will not.  Just because one is NT, does not mean one has always been a staunch Conservative and uses one's principle's as his moral compass.  It's politics and many in politics are about power and money.  A few of those you continually quote are of that ilk.  There ARE NTs out there that I have or had great respect for.  EE is not one of them.

I am so sick of all this fevered hyperbole.  Where in the world did I say Erickson was a great person?  Although yes, he seems decent to me. 

It seems that the measure of one's worth these days is how firmly his or her lips are attached to Trump's backside.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Erickson is a founder of the NT movement.

He served as the editor-in-chief and the CEO of RedState and was a political contributor for CNN, now he's just a lost, angry little boy.

What happened to end his tenure at Red State...if you know.  I certainly don't trust him now.

The media has Trump already impeached but have they been right about anything lately.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Hey, you need to take a breath, there.  I wish people on this forum would find it possible to express themselves without dissing other people personally.  You can insult a group but I don't like to be insulted and I don't think anybody does.

I'm not insulting you here, I'm just asking you to hold the personal attacks if possible.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Hey, you need to take a breath, there.  I wish people on this forum would find it possible to express themselves without dissing other people personally.  You can insult a group but I don't like to be insulted and I don't think anybody does.

I'm not insulting you here, I'm just asking you to hold the personal attacks if possible.

Well, ignore that post @txradioguy.  I see others have put it more strongly accusing people of having lips somewhere we wouldn't want lips.

Guess I'll have to put up with it.

Silver Pines

Times change when it comes to Trump.  I have no idea what Loesch thought of him then, but I do know what many in the TEAParty thought as I grew sick of hearing about the fool.  You can pretend that all these people that are out for themselves are great people if you like, but I will not.  Just because one is NT, does not mean one has always been a staunch Conservative and uses one's principle's as his moral compass.  It's politics and many in politics are about power and money.  A few of those you continually quote are of that ilk.  There ARE NTs out there that I have or had great respect for.  EE is not one of them.

@anubias

Also (I forgot to include this point) don't you think we've gone too far with the concept that if you dislike a person for something, they can never be right about anything else?  The degree to which we want to live in our own little self-protective bubbles and accept only a few pet sources has become insane.

Erickson could have been a total jerk during the birth of the Tea Party.  I don't know and don't much care.  That's irrelevant to his claim that he knows one of the White House sources. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
What happened to end his tenure at Red State...if you know.  I certainly don't trust him now.

The media has Trump already impeached but have they been right about anything lately.

I really don't know that much about Erickson ... I ignored politics for quite a while.

But Erickson is irrelevant and Trump is irrelevant to what is going on.

People here either don't understand or refuse to understand that this is not about Trump.

This is about liberals seeing their power slipping away after an election they were so sure they would win that many of them literally lost their minds with rage and grief.

We Republicans elected a President.  Okay, I can't take credit for voting for him; I didn't, but he was elected.

We cannot excuse the far left cabal by saying stuff like 'trump contributes to this' or 'it's partly Trump's fault.' 

No.

No matter who we'd elected they would be trying the same thing because the truth does not matter to them.

Wake up, my friends.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Official reason was to spend more time with his family.

Since he hasn't been, we can assume it was because they were bought out by Salem communications (owns townhall.com too) and his getting the boot was part of the deal.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Official reason was to spend more time with his family.

Since he hasn't been, we can assume it was because they were bought out by Salem communications (owns townhall.com too) and his getting the boot was part of the deal.

He's also been attending Seminary College in Atlanta working on his Masters in Biblical Studies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He's also been attending Seminary College in Atlanta working on his Masters in Biblical Studies.

What a rotten guy!    *****rollingeyes*****

Silver Pines

@txradioguy
@EC
@Sanguine

That's true.

He took off to spend time with his family for a couple of reasons.  He was having what he thought were cardiac symptoms, but it turned out his lungs were full of blood clots.  He says doctor after doctor told him he should have been dead.  In fact, while he was in the emergency room, a doctor passed by and took a look at his chart outside, and Erickson heard him ask, "Has this body been taken to the morgue yet?"

Then, a week after being released from the hospital, his wife was diagnosed with lung cancer.  All of this after a year of his family, even his children, being harassed at their home by nutcase Trump supporters.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
@CatherineofAragon

I'd forgotten all about his personal post - "I should have been dead" or something like that was the title. Careless of me.

Though I do still think Salem had a hand in his leaving - else why wouldn't he just step down from the editor slot of the site he put so much into getting off the ground and become an emeritus contributor?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 07:16:37 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@txradioguy
@EC
@Sanguine

That's true.

He took off to spend time with his family for a couple of reasons.  He was having what he thought were cardiac symptoms, but it turned out his lungs were full of blood clots.  He says doctor after doctor told him he should have been dead.  In fact, while he was in the emergency room, a doctor passed by and took a look at his chart outside, and Erickson heard him ask, "Has this body been taken to the morgue yet?"

Then, a week after being released from the hospital, his wife was diagnosed with lung cancer.  All of this after a year of his family, even his children, being harassed at their home by nutcase Trump supporters.

He's had a hard year.  But I would not throw being harassed at home by nutcase Trump supporters (are there any other kind) into the mix. 

Even if true, which I doubt, that does not compare to serious health problems.