Author Topic: Obama: It Took 'Political Courage' Not to Bomb Syria  (Read 735 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama: It Took 'Political Courage' Not to Bomb Syria
« on: May 16, 2017, 01:07:16 pm »
By Wanda Carruthers   |   Monday, 15 May 2017 04:43 PM

Former President Barack Obama said it took "political courage" not to bomb Syria after he had warned Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to discontinue using chemical weapons against his own people, threatening doing so would be crossing a "red line," the Washington Examiner reported Monday.

Obama spoke about his strategy with the Syrian regime while president in an interview last week with Jack Schlossberg, before receiving the John F. Kennedy Profiles in Courage Award. Schlossberg is the grandson of former President John F. Kennedy and member of the John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award Committee.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/obama-political-courage-bomb-syria/2017/05/15/id/790268/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Obama: It Took 'Political Courage' Not to Bomb Syria
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 01:10:13 pm »
Actually it was fear of the voters. He personally didn't have anything to fear from the voters but I'm sure he was getting plenty of pressure from democrats in congress.

I haven't forgotten the outcry from conservatives to stay out of it and liberals wouldn't have been too happy about it either despite their silence.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 01:22:10 pm »
A hero only in his own mind.

Perfect narcissism.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 01:35:34 pm »
I wonder if it was the same kind of 'courage' that took the lives of 4 Americans in Beghazi?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 01:38:36 pm »

Dance Barry Dance.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 02:54:26 pm »
Imagine the heroics it took to go golfing the day of the bin Laden raid, get dragged off the back nine when it was go time, and sit in the situation room like a lost boy while everything unfolded.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 02:56:58 pm »
I wonder if it was the same kind of 'courage' that took the lives of 4 Americans in Beghazi?

Or lie to the surviving family members of Seal Team Six.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 03:35:47 pm »
Imagine the heroics it took to go golfing the day of the bin Laden raid, get dragged off the back nine when it was go time, and sit in the situation room like a lost boy while everything unfolded.

Imagine the heroics it took @edpc  not to answer the call for help from our people in Benghazi.

(It still makes my blood boil!   :#@$%: )