Author Topic: Whites banned from cafe designated as nonwhite 'sanctuary'  (Read 923 times)

rangerrebew

Whites banned from cafe designated as nonwhite 'sanctuary'
College provost: 'Nothing more important than being a multicultural campus'
Published: 14 hours ago

American University in Washington, D.C., has reportedly banned white students from using its new “student lounge” for the spring semester, according to the College Fix.

The lounge, which is called “The Bridge,” opened just six weeks ago. It is planned to be “a community space that student organizations can use however they would like,” with open mic nights, slam poetry and “other student initiated programming,” Darcy Frailey, associate director for facilities and other event services, told the Eagle, American University’s student news site. The lounge seats 80 people and features large working tables, comfortable sofas and chairs, coffee tables, a television and a large stage for events. School officials said they plan to hire students who qualify for the federal work-study program to work at “The Bridge.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/05/whites-banned-from-cafe-designated-as-nonwhite-sanctuary/#dH95ZHziXpyDwvJW.99

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Whites banned from cafe designated as nonwhite 'sanctuary'
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 09:30:33 am »
I don't know what to make of this article. I see a bunch of stupidity, sure, your typical SJW site, but I don't see where a campus has banned whites from this place.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 11:32:07 am »
I don't know what to make of this article. I see a bunch of stupidity, sure, your typical SJW site, but I don't see where a campus has banned whites from this place.

First demand: “For the remaining [sic] of the semester, the Bridge will become a sanctuary for people of color,” the ultimatum begins, referring to a student café and lounge on campus.

Provost agreed to all three demands. Hence - whites banned from the cafe.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 11:35:14 am »
First demand: “For the remaining [sic] of the semester, the Bridge will become a sanctuary for people of color,” the ultimatum begins, referring to a student café and lounge on campus.

Provost agreed to all three demands. Hence - whites banned from the cafe.  :shrug:

While it's extremely stupid, I don't equate sanctuary as "off limits to whites". I would see that as lawsuit territory frankly, and was surprised the University would go along with that.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 11:42:35 am »
While it's extremely stupid, I don't equate sanctuary as "off limits to whites". I would see that as lawsuit territory frankly, and was surprised the University would go along with that.

You are sane (most of the time). College activists aren't.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 12:28:12 pm »
There is nothing new or unique about this at all. There are over a dozen bars and restaurants where I live that a White (man) would be insane, or suicidal, to walk into. Black/Latino only places, and even whole neighborhoods, are already very common. Again, nothing new about this proposal.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.