Author Topic: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador  (Read 24798 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

I agree. We ought to question all elected officials, what they do, what motivates them. Thankfully, many members of this forum do exactly that.

And nothing else.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

And nothing else.

Lol... what do you do? This is an internet forum, not a body of government.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:00:24 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Maj. Bill Martin

According to McMaster, Trump had no idea where the information came from, but gave it to the Russians, anyway. 

Sorry, that's not what I call responsible.

Actually, that's not his fault.  If he is going to be given classified information from another country that should not be leaked, he should be briefed on that.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Actually, that's not his fault.  If he is going to be given classified information from another country that should not be leaked, he should be briefed on that.

If he had it, he was briefed on it. If he was briefed on it, it will have been in a seperate section - NOT integral to a daily briefing - with the conditions of use included.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline kevindavis007

Defending the indefensible when it comes to DT seems to be a parlor game here.
Critical thinking has disappeared and been replaced with a cult like thought process.
If we decried that mentality when the left 'believed' Bill Clinton, then how can we justify our own identical attitude towards this president.

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Defending the indefensible when it comes to DT seems to be a parlor game here.
Critical thinking has disappeared and been replaced with a cult like thought process.
If we decried that mentality when the left 'believed' Bill Clinton, then how can we justify our own identical attitude towards this president.
By becoming intellectual contortionists, alas.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay, you do know that I have no idea how to interpret that?  Is is snarky, or is it relief and a desire to move away from bashing someone else or what?  I really don't know.

Sorry, I sure didn't mean to offend you.  Perhaps my remark was a little cryptic.  I just thought it would be a relief to bash a different person for a change.  My bad.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
And now instead of getting a clear answer...the reporter gets to fill in the blanks and speculate on their own.

Perfect.

Both sides are enabling each others stupidity.

And you think it's just swell.

I kinda think it's swell also.  There is no way conservatives can get fair treatment from the press.

A well-thought out, reasoned and informed response from Issa would simply have been ignored by the press.

At least he got some play with his gesture.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sorry, I sure didn't mean to offend you.  Perhaps my remark was a little cryptic.  I just thought it would be a relief to bash a different person for a change.  My bad.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure.  Sometimes I read something wrong and have to go back and re-read and calm down because I got it wrong the first time.