Author Topic: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador  (Read 25041 times)

Silver Pines

I am thinking that until the Media stops attacking him for every petting thing which they can twist into a scandal,  I'm going to refuse to accept that it's his fault for anything.     I don't have to be fair to the enemy,  and I will make a point to be deliberately unfair to them as an act of revenge. 

As Glenn Reynolds said many times.   " You don't like Trump?   This is how you get more Trump."

People will start siding with Trump even when he's wrong simply to piss off all the right people and make them go crazy.   

To borrow a line from Kurt Schlichter, 

Liberals Are An Inferno Of Flaming Crazy And We Should Pour Gasoline On The Fire

So are a few other Trump hating crazies.

@DiogenesLamp

Then you've decided to pass when it comes to reason and critical thought.  You've chosen instead to take the path of the liberals you claim to hate---that of kneejerk reaction and pure emotionalism.

Don't be surprised that you aren't taken seriously.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Your enemy may be an unreasonable hysteric, but it doesn't mean your friends are always right, either.

What does your friends being right have to do with the necessity of defending them?   

Our enemy has never done the sort of ethical soul searching that we engage in relentlessly,   and as a consequence their agenda has steadily advanced for decades.   

They do not tolerate these internecine conflicts within their ranks.   They show solidarity with the worst sort of scum out there,   and we always form circular firing squads,  and often over the stupidest and most trivial reasons. 

We first beat back our enemies,  and after their attack is blunted,  then we work to get  our  friends "right." 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

Who doesn't think, by now, they'd be voting on Single Payer?  ... if they had only a majority in ONE of the Chambers?

Because with another Ginsburg on the Court, if they couldn't their way at the voting booth, they'd sue and oppose on everything put forth.

That people didn't see the 'bullet' we dodged, astounds me.   Literally.

@DCPatriot

But at what point do we move beyond that?  At what point do we say, okay, it's great that Hillary didn't win (half a year ago), but now we have to hold Trump accountable and expect more from him.  More than just "he isn't Hillary."  Because that standard is beyond low, and it isn't enough for the good of the country.

If we don't get past "yay, not Hillary", it becomes an endless cycle of justification for incompetence. 

Enough already.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
And, that's exactly the problem some, well, I'll just speak for myself, I have with some of the EverTrumpers.  I agree the Nevers can be equally tiresome, but I consider your opinion as expressed above both dangerous and negligent.  And, little* different from "Hillary all the way, no matter what laws she breaks or how corrupt she is". 

*Little because I think Hillary is completely and fully corrupt.

Apparently, she (or some button person she sent) murdered that dude who was threatening to expose her to Wikileaks.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Apparently, she (or some button person she sent) murdered that dude who was threatening to expose her to Wikileaks.

Hillary?  Or, me?

What?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Personally, I find the really malignant Never Trumpers far worse than the few Trump adorers we have here.  But that's just me.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Hillary?  Or, me?

What?

Sanguine - you been naughty again?

Use wire to attach the blocks to the body this time - not rope.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DiogenesLamp

@DiogenesLamp

Then you've decided to pass when it comes to reason and critical thought. 

Not at all.   I've reasoned out that we can debate philosophy after we defeat the savages,   but now is not the appropriate time to make the perfect the enemy of the good. 

You've chosen instead to take the path of the liberals you claim to hate---that of kneejerk reaction and pure emotionalism.

I've taken the path of rebutting anything and everything they throw out because I recognize there intent is not to act on some moral impulse,  but rather to win this game we call "Politics."   

Since their winning is detrimental to the long term welfare of the nation,  and more specifically to me and my family,    I  will oppose all their efforts to win by screaming and accusing.    I will refuse to grant their rants legitimacy,   and I will continue to do so until there motivation is something other than winning in politics.   

When they demonstrate Objectivity,   I will become more objective.   To sum up my position in a nugget. 

"à bon chat, bon rat."

Don't be surprised that you aren't taken seriously.

I'm not worried about that.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Not just her,  but the entire pit of corruption known as the DNC.   

The potential people with motives in that group are nigh endless,  but yeah,  i'd put her at the top.

Arkancide seems far too common to be a mere coincidence. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Personally, I find the really malignant Never Trumpers far worse than the few Trump adorers we have here.  But that's just me.

To amplify that statement, the malignant Never Trumpers are meaner than the Trump lovers and far more bitter.  They seem to love bad things happening as long as they can blame Trump.

And they reek with virtue that they are The Few, The Proud, who are not fooled by that scamp Trump.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
What does your friends being right have to do with the necessity of defending them?
There is no necessity to defend what is wrong, and it is possible to defend your friend without acquitting him when
he is wrong. 

Our enemy has never done the sort of ethical soul searching that we engage in relentlessly, and as a consequence their agenda has steadily advanced for decades.
That isn't even close to the sole reason their agenda has advanced.   

They do not tolerate these internecine conflicts within their ranks. They show solidarity with the worst sort of scum out there, and we always form circular firing squads, and often over the stupidest and most trivial reasons.
Behaving like your enemy does nothing but give your enemy even more powerful ammunition than he has already.

We first beat back our enemies, and after their attack is blunted, then we work to get  our  friends "right."
I saw how far that got us when President Lips II and his Republican Congresses did nothing but metastasise big government,
often enough flouting the Constitution to do it, and when enough of their "friends" assaulted those yelling "stop!" and sometimes
in language and with tactics that would have been considered obscene in Sodom and Gomorrah. That got us nothing but eight years of
His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-Been-Life President of the
Republic Formerly Known as the United States. How'd that work out?

It's neither your fault nor mine. When all was said and done, we were presented a national house afire---and given nothing but the
choice between a pair of arsonists to fight the fire. (Unless you were fortunate enough in your state, as was I in mine, to have the
ballot option of "None of These Candidates." That was my presidential vote, and I have no regrets, nor should I.)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:11:48 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sanguine - you been naughty again?

Use wire to attach the blocks to the body this time - not rope.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Like I would forget that!

Offline anubias

To amplify that statement, the malignant Never Trumpers are meaner than the Trump lovers and far more bitter.  They seem to love bad things happening as long as they can blame Trump.

And they reek with virtue that they are The Few, The Proud, who are not fooled by that scamp Trump.

QFT

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Well, sure - because the Evers got what they think they want and the Nevers definitely didn't get what they wanted.

And, those of us in neither camp are getting pretty tired of the constant, nonstop, stupid bickering.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:12:41 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Not just her,  but the entire pit of corruption known as the DNC.   

The potential people with motives in that group are nigh endless,  but yeah,  i'd put her at the top.

Arkancide seems far too common to be a mere coincidence.

Who knows how many people have had 'accidents' ... people Hillary considered a danger.

Some people may be tired of this but I will NEVER stop being grateful that Hillary is not our president right now.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DRUDGE REPORT

COMEY REVENGE COMMENCES
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline anubias

Who knows how many people have had 'accidents' ... people Hillary considered a danger.

Some people may be tired of this but I will NEVER stop being grateful that Hillary is not our president right now.

Any sane person who loves his country is relieved that the Hildabeast is not POTUS. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well, sure - because the Evers got what they think they want and the Nevers definitely didn't get what they wanted.

I may get run over but I am in the middle of the road on this topic.  Trump was the last person I wanted to get the nomination and I was one of the people who were totally wrong about the election results.

But I woke up after the election with such a sense of relief that Hillary didn't win ... as I fully expected her to do, that I had a bit of a change in attitude.

I am worried about what Trump might do because, well, he is Trump, but I'm gonna wait until he actually does it before attacking him.  And he hasn't done IT yet.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
DRUDGE REPORT

COMEY REVENGE COMMENCES

Yep, that's what it looks like.  And Graham is facilitating it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Any sane person who loves his country is relieved that the Hildabeast is not POTUS.

True, but there ARE people here who resent anyone who brings that up, claiming that they are excusing Trump by doing so.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I may get run over but I am in the middle of the road on this topic.  Trump was the last person I wanted to get the nomination and I was one of the people who were totally wrong about the election results.

But I woke up after the election with such a sense of relief that Hillary didn't win ... as I fully expected her to do, that I had a bit of a change in attitude.

I am worried about what Trump might do because, well, he is Trump, but I'm gonna wait until he actually does it before attacking him.  And he hasn't done IT yet.

Same here, Emjay.   So, what were we arguing about?  Or, were we arguing?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Yep, that's what it looks like.  And Graham is facilitating it.

Oh, good.  Can we move over to bashing Linda now?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I think this thread is a great illustration of how an entire movement/people/nation disintegrate when foundational principles are no longer agreed to, recognized or valued beyond the desperate need for assumptive pragmatism amidst fundamental transformation.

Put another way - a Conservative movement that no longer agrees to core principles that once governed it, is no longer a movement.  Same is true of a church, a group and a nation.

You are all participants and witnesses to what happens when principles no longer matter.

And so we shall have more of this, and much worse.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot

But at what point do we move beyond that?  At what point do we say, okay, it's great that Hillary didn't win (half a year ago), but now we have to hold Trump accountable and expect more from him.  More than just "he isn't Hillary."  Because that standard is beyond low, and it isn't enough for the good of the country.

If we don't get past "yay, not Hillary", it becomes an endless cycle of justification for incompetence. 

Enough already.

I was responding to, and building upon the statement that "the best thing about Trump's first 100 days... is that it's NOT Hillary's first 100 days."

That's all.

Go fight with yourself @CatherineofAragon .
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald