Author Topic: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador  (Read 24793 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Peter Baker‏Verified account @peterbakernyt

McMaster: “At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed.”

Dina Powell goes further: “This story is false."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Matt McDermott‏Verified account @mattmfm 2m2 minutes ago

CNN: BOMSHELL
MSNBC: IMPEACHMENT?
FOX: SHAME ON GOP FOR CONCERN
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Laura Ingraham‏Verified account @IngrahamAngle

WH source with direct knowledge just told me @washingtonpost didn't talk to ANY U.S. official at mtg w/ Lavrov. "It's Fake News"
Support the USO

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
not without consequences though
It would probably be on the front page of the New York Times anyways. the liberal media has always been a great supporter of our enemies by giving them the latest intelligence. You'll excuse me if I find their outrage disingenuous.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Matt McDermott‏Verified account @mattmfm 2m2 minutes ago

CNN: BOMSHELL

Yeah, that's about par for CNN. :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline NavyCanDo

We'll learn soon if McMaster sticks to that message. If so this could be blown out of proportion.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Fox News‏Verified account @FoxNews 41s42 seconds ago

Natl Security Adviser McMaster on report @POTUS revealed classified info to Russia: "The story that came out tonight, as reported, is false"
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Steve Herman‏Verified account @W7VOA 2m2 minutes ago

"I was in the room, it didn't happen," says McMaster and walks back into the West Wing after declining to answer  questions from reporters.
Support the USO

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
We'll learn soon if McMaster sticks to that message. If so this could be blown out of proportion.

It's already been blown out of proportion from the minute it was posted.  I think we should all take a breath before taking these media attacks so quickly to heart.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 David Corn‏Verified account @DavidCornDC 2m2 minutes ago

Re McMaster's blast: when they don't take questions, their response cannot be trusted.
Support the USO

Offline beandog

Of course the story is false.  The one thing I really agree with the Donald on is the Press is a bunch of lying POS.  Why anyone believes anything that they say is beyond me. **nononono*

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 David French‏Verified account @DavidAFrench 2m2 minutes ago

David French Retweeted Fox News

I'm far more likely to believe McMaster than anyone else in admin aside from Mattis.
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
David French‏Verified account @DavidAFrench 2m2 minutes ago

David French Retweeted Fox News

I'm far more likely to believe McMaster than anyone else in admin aside from Mattis.

Anyone keeping a running tally on Wolf Crying by WaPo, NYT, LAT, etc.?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This may provide 'cover' for them (Obama/Clinton/Mills/Jarrett/Comey) for when it can be reported what Obama has done with out technology secrets, etc..

See?   They did it too!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

Mark Knoller‏Verified account @markknoller 34m34 minutes ago

McMasters says the on-the-record statements from him, his deputy Dina Powell & Tillerson, "should outweigh those of anonymous sources."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

Uh, I find Trump to be a scurrilous toad, but it seems to me that classified information is just one more bargaining chip that a president can choose to disclose or not in his or her discretion in performance of the office.  Certainly there are times when disclosing classified information, even to an enemy, is in the country's interests. 

In other words, if Trump did so as part of a strategic plan, he's entitled to do so as president.   
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:03:45 am by Oceander »

Online mountaineer

WashPoo doesn't even give a damn anymore whether they resemble an actual news gathering organization.
Stefan Molyneux‏Verified account @StefanMolyneux 57s57 seconds ago

Only Named Source In WaPo Report On Trump’s Leaking Of Classified Information Denies It

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Uh, I find Trump to be a scurrilous toad, but it seems to me that classified information is just one more bargaining chip that a president can choose to disclose or not in his or her discretion in performance of the office.  Certainly there are times when disclosing classified information, even to an enemy, is in the country's interests.

And it seems to have everything to do with security for airliners, so people can better safely travel between countries.

If I didn't know any better, he may have planted this himself.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I think McMasters or Tillerson both in the room would not have let Trump reveal classified info...
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

Mark Levin (Facebook)
37 mins ·

Washington Compost claims the president revealed classified information during his meeting with the Russians; the problem is that the secretary of state, national security adviser, and another senior national security adviser who were present at the meeting deny classified information was revealed. I am wondering if the Post's source might be on Capitol Hill. Obviously, I don't know, but I'd like to know which, if any, members of the intelligence committees were brief on the discussion with the Russians. It seems possible that they might have twisted this into a "leaked classified information" spin and are the Post's sources.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Ya' know, this appears to be fake news, which sucks, but I could see Trump doing this, which also sucks.

Offline LonestarDream

It is so super secret that the post can blab it to everyone.  Maybe the 'current and former' officials should be put in jail for leaking.

Well of course anything the Washington Post writes is credible. 

It's not like they have an agenda or anything. 

Beyond that, the President can declassify anything he damn well pleases.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
It is so super secret that the post can blab it to everyone.  Maybe the 'current and former' officials should be put in jail for leaking.

If Trump did leak it's legal, I believe. He's the only one in the administration who has the legal right to unclassify info.

Offline LonestarDream

The thought occurred to me that perhaps he saw some value in revealing this to the Russians.   

I don't know.   I don't know what he knows,  so I can't speak to it with any authority.

Of course.  As long as real sources and methods are not given up ( although the 'former officials' and the wapo just gave a roadmap),  there may be negotiating value / leverage being achieved.  It is all in what Trump got versus what he gave.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?