Archives > Briefing Room TV

The Last Kingdom

<< < (2/2)

InHeavenThereIsNoBeer:
Watched the first season when I had BBC.  Kind of confusing as it overlapped (characters, events) with another show I was watching at the time.

I'm watching Vikings (and Real Vikings) and Knightfall Wednesday nights on History now.  I'd recommend them to anyone who likes The Last Kingdom.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: InHeavenThereIsNoBeer on January 14, 2018, 02:11:34 am ---Watched the first season when I had BBC.  Kind of confusing as it overlapped (characters, events) with another show I was watching at the time.

I'm watching Vikings (and Real Vikings) and Knightfall Wednesday nights on History now.  I'd recommend them to anyone who likes The Last Kingdom.

--- End quote ---

Ok,this is an update. I watched season 1 last night and a couple of season 2 episodes,and was underwhealmed. A lot of the acting was good,but that was mostly the second tier actors. The main guy was just so-so,and I think was hired to attract the "bodice tearers" from historical romance novels.

Also,I had read all the books a few years ago,and it is never a good idea to read the books and then see the series. I bought the entire set of Game of Thrones books after watching a couple of episodes,and they remain sealed in plastic to this day. I won't read any of the until I have watched the whole series at least twice.

Let's face it,even series like The Game of Thrones or The Lonesome Dove would suck if you read the books before viewing the series.

Also,the main characters in G of T and Lonesome Dove could do more than pose. They could actually act.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: InHeavenThereIsNoBeer on January 14, 2018, 02:11:34 am ---Watched the first season when I had BBC.  Kind of confusing as it overlapped (characters, events) with another show I was watching at the time.

--- End quote ---

@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Mention of Ragnar and Rollo threw me,too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version