Author Topic: The Ethanol Boondoggle Will Continue  (Read 2495 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: The Ethanol Boondoggle Will Continue
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 07:57:34 pm »
There are places here and there (mostly rural, lakeside) that sell non-ethanol gas in Texas.

You can get ethanol free gas here in Michigan but the places that sell it are few and far between. I went halfway across the county to fill a 2 gallon can for the mower the other day. I'd get 5 gallons if I thought I would use it over the summer but I already have 2 gallons mixed for the chain saw and weed eater.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2017, 08:07:40 pm »
D@mnit. That is one promise I had hoped he would not keep.

The problem is the amount blended into fuel is not set as a percentage, but a number of gallons. Which was raised, and is now approaching the blend wall (10%), where warranties would go void, and manufacturers have warned of possible engine damage.

It would be nice to get those farmers back to growing corn for cattle ranchers and feed lots so the price of beef would go down instead of continuing to throw their crops at an industry that will result in broken car engines.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2017, 08:18:37 pm »
Destroying whole industries? Corn farmers should sell their corn to consumers as food, not additives to gasoline.

The farmer is NOT the 'industry'.  Do we need to go further?    ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2017, 08:34:54 pm »
The farmer is NOT the 'industry'.  Do we need to go further?    ^-^
Well, if they're going to make alcohol out of corn, bottle and bond it and keep it out of fuel tanks.  :laugh:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2017, 08:37:52 pm »
Well, if they're going to make alcohol out of corn, bottle and bond it and keep it out of fuel tanks.  :laugh:

Everclear!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2017, 08:38:53 pm »
Darn. I was hoping Trump would make gas great again. Or was that his comment about a taco truck on every corner?  :laugh:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2017, 08:43:47 pm »
Everclear!
Definitely smoother than what my uncle used to make, and I have had both, straight up.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2017, 09:00:54 pm »
Definitely smoother than what my uncle used to make, and I have had both, straight up.

I have a side of the family that swears by their sweet spirits of cats a-fighting recipe over store bought.   I have never warmed up to it no matter how "smooth" they say it is. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2017, 09:41:54 pm »

They provide the product.

As others have declared, they can sell it to feed lots and bring down the price of beef and dairy.

The ethanol industry could blow up on a Friday and Monday morning, the commodity will be sold be a different industry.

But the entrepreneurs and other risk takers that were involved in the 'startup' turning corn into fuel....it's THOSE and all the tens of thousands of men and women paying mortgages, etc..   Right down the Indian behind the bullet proof glass at the pump.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2017, 09:55:06 pm »
They provide the product.

As others have declared, they can sell it to feed lots and bring down the price of beef and dairy.

The ethanol industry could blow up on a Friday and Monday morning, the commodity will be sold be a different industry.

But the entrepreneurs and other risk takers that were involved in the 'startup' turning corn into fuel....it's THOSE and all the tens of thousands of men and women paying mortgages, etc..   Right down the Indian behind the bullet proof glass at the pump.
Those convenience stores will keep going, even if the cattle are fat and beef is cheap. The US is just beginning to tap our oil reserves, and we aren't burning it up in the mid-Atlantic in front of some U-boat this time. As for burning ethanol in fuel tanks, the option would persist as long as the demand for it did. It is the mandate that should go, and then let the market decide.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2017, 09:56:17 pm »
Ethanol is where I saw Trumpers first start making excuses for Trump.

They said he has to pander to ethanol because nobody can win Iowa without kissing the ring of King Ethanol. Ted Cruz stood firm on his opposition and won the Iowa primary.

(shouldn't be long before one of the usual suspects comes to feed us the BS story about Ted Cruz dirty tricks winning Iowa)

You beat me to the punch here. Ted's position was beautiful, he was not against ethanol, if the free marked dictated they wanted more of it, they could by supply and demand get it. Just get the government out of the way and let the free market decide.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2017, 10:36:59 pm »
That's the primary problem I've always had with federal highway funding. It became a weapon to whip the states into compliance.
Name one federal funding to the states thaT is not a weapon in the same way.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2017, 10:41:04 pm »
Name one federal funding to the states thaT is not a weapon in the same way.
Exactly. Try a little of this green....

Next thing you know, ya gotta habit.

C S Lewis