Author Topic: Despite Republican Majority, U.S. Supreme Court Rejects North Carolina Voter ID Law as Racist  (Read 989 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Despite the fact that Donald Trump nominated Justice Neil Gorsuch, who is now firmly seated on the U.S. Supreme Court, our highest court has rejected an appeal to reinstate North Carolina’s voter ID law this week.

Supporters of the voter ID law said it is intended to preserve the integrity of elections and counter voter fraud. Critics, though, claim its real goal is to disenfranchise minority voters.....

http://www.youngcons.com/despite-republican-majority-u-s-supreme-court-rejects-north-carolina-voter-id-law-as-racist/?ref=FacebookPost

Offline Mesaclone

Actually, they didn't take the case simply because North Carolina no longer wanted the appeal (thanks to having a new Dem Governor). Roberts went out of his way to clarify that the SC's not taking the case had nothing to do with its merits.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline the_doc

Actually, they didn't take the case simply because North Carolina no longer wanted the appeal (thanks to having a new Dem Governor). Roberts went out of his way to clarify that the SC's not taking the case had nothing to do with its merits.

You are correct.  At least the Chief Justice was honest this time.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
isn't it racist to generalize that African-Americans don't have ID's?
Countdown to Resignation

geronl

Anyone else surprised the headline was completely wrong?

Offline the_doc

Anyone else surprised the headline was completely wrong?

No one with any sense will be surprised.  (Sadly, I think a lot of GOPers are still living in a bubble.  They see faults in the MSM, but they cannot see clearly enough to pronounce the MSM as one of the most evil political forces in the world.)

geronl

No one with any sense will be surprised.  (Sadly, I think a lot of GOPers are still living in a bubble.  They see faults in the MSM, but they cannot see clearly enough to pronounce the MSM as one of the most evil political forces in the world.)

youngcons.com is not exactly MSM

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

The "emerging" Alt-Right/Conservative media is not exactly giving us reason to trust them either.  I don't know what to trust and believe in terms of news anymore, everything is spun for political narrative advantage.  Even a stupid house fire has ridiculous stretches to blame it on politics or lack of support for an agenda.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline the_doc

youngcons.com is not exactly MSM

I'm not familiar with youngcons.com.  Can you elaborate on your point?

Offline the_doc

The "emerging" Alt-Right/Conservative media is not exactly giving us reason to trust them either.  I don't know what to trust and believe in terms of news anymore, everything is spun for political narrative advantage.  Even a stupid house fire has ridiculous stretches to blame it on politics or lack of support for an agenda.

That's part of what I was trying to say, thank you.