Author Topic: Ann Coulter Is Worried The ‘Trump-Haters Were Right’  (Read 4879 times)

Offline rodamala

Re: Ann Coulter Is Worried The ‘Trump-Haters Were Right’
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2017, 05:28:46 am »
In fact, if the R's nominated an orange juice can, it would have beat her!

They did.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2017, 05:51:05 am »
Trump cuts all health care aid to international groups performing or promoting abortion

By Bradford Richardson - The Washington Times - Monday, May 15, 2017

The Trump administration announced a massive expansion Monday of the pro-life Mexico City Policy, issuing guidelines that will strip billions of dollars in aid from international groups that perform or promote abortion.

Originally a ban covering roughly $600 million in family planning money, the Trump policy now applies to all international health care aid doled out by the U.S. government — nearly $9 billion.

Continued: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/15/mexico-city-policy-expansion-ends-abortion-aid-abr/

$ Nine Billion dollars stripped from the Worldwide abortion industry. I'll take that.  This is whom gets slandered as a NY Liberal; oh, and those Senators have done?? What in comparison?

Offline anubias

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2017, 06:28:24 am »
$ Nine Billion dollars stripped from the Worldwide abortion industry. I'll take that.  This is whom gets slandered as a NY Liberal; oh, and those Senators have done?? What in comparison?

Tom, they don't want to hear any of the good he has done.  They'd rather focus on the bad.  And call him silly names because it makes them feel superior. 

geronl

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2017, 07:15:23 am »
Of course but after the primaries was there another choice?   A choice that had a snowballs chance in hades of winning?   Simple answer, no there wasn't. 

Almost any of them would have beaten Hillary.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2017, 09:31:57 am »
Tom, they don't want to hear any of the good he has done.  They'd rather focus on the bad.  And call him silly names because it makes them feel superior.

What exactly has he done that's good? 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2017, 11:05:28 am »
Almost any of them would have beaten Hillary.

@geronl

But they couldn't beat Trump.  It's a shame too but wishful thinking doesn't change anything.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2017, 11:07:31 am »
@geronl

But they couldn't beat Trump.  It's a shame too but wishful thinking doesn't change anything.

Trump won because of the nature of the WTA system. He never won a majority.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2017, 11:10:11 am »

About 38% on average.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2017, 11:12:09 am »

He won the majority in each of the state's electoral colleges that he won the most votes in.

Kinda like the Constitution lays it out in black ink on really old paper.

Only someone who wants a leftist dictator would push for the popular vote issue.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2017, 11:14:21 am »
About 38% on average.

And every other GOP candidate in the primaries couldn't even get that much.  He fought dirty and manipulated the media better.  He always attacked.  That's his problem now.  They have him on the defense and he doesn't know how to play defense.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2017, 11:28:51 am »
Cleared the road for a couple of pipelines, signed some CRAs, and dropped in a few EOs.  A lot is waiting on Congress to pull its head out into the sunshine and follow up on a few years' worth of their promises. (Where are all the "Lyin' " tweets, now?) Appointed one SC Justice, which always remains to be seen (After Roberts' ACA BS I trust no one). Hired a few, fired a few. Needs to finish cleaning house and get down to business.
He has underlings screwing the pooch, imho, already.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Technical
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2017, 11:40:49 am »

Sigh, this is what's so bleep heartbreaking about this whole thing, he has done some good stuff, although not much legislation that will stick after he's gone (Gorsuch is an exception). I was even beginning to lose interest because a lot of the scandals seemed to die down and it appeared he might resemble a normal Presidency.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2017, 11:51:05 am »
And every other GOP candidate in the primaries couldn't even get that much.  He fought dirty and manipulated the media better.  He always attacked.  That's his problem now.  They have him on the defense and he doesn't know how to play defense.

Good point. I hope he is capable of learning and learning quickly.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2017, 12:32:28 pm »
Trump has way more accomplishments than the Senators, only Governors can compare their conservative credentials, up and comers like Tom Cotton, Iraqi war veteran and likewise, Joni Ernst, are going to be the leaders vs. those big fat senators who have gotten nothing done, senators like McCain, Cruz, Paul, Lee and Rubio.  Those who served their country and were willing to give all will be the ones looked up to.  Cruz supporters bad-mouting Trump and if they didn't support him, turned their back on the unborn, they voted their consciences and they can have their cake.  Their heroes campaign can go lie about what people said about the Bible or some such thing.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:33:41 pm by TomSea »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2017, 12:58:15 pm »
Okay Tom, real nice trolling there. You compare two people doing different jobs and complain they don't get the same results, salute the troops, and then repeat the tired lie about how Cruz supporters aren't fighting abortion because they won't kiss the ass of a guy who lauded Planned Parenthood?

I think your meds are calling you. They're lonely.

And God Bless our troops.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2017, 03:28:14 pm »
Sigh, this is what's so bleep heartbreaking about this whole thing, he has done some good stuff, although not much legislation that will stick after he's gone (Gorsuch is an exception). I was even beginning to lose interest because a lot of the scandals seemed to die down and it appeared he might resemble a normal Presidency.

I agree he has done some good things. And I'm glad he's done them...it's a step in the right direction. 

A handful or so of them but it's like two steps forward three steps back with him.  @Smokin Joe is right he's got underlings...his "best people" screwing the pooch on his behalf that isn't helping either.

And then you've got people here treating him like he's the Second Coming of Christ.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 03:30:56 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

• Technical
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2017, 03:31:44 pm »
I agree he has done some good things.  A handful or so of them but it's like two steps forward three steps back with him.

And then you've got people here treating him like he's the Second Coming of Christ.

There are people here who are emotionally attached to the guy in a way I could never understand. I've never put that much faith in another human being. These people feel wounded when we criticize Trump and never ever ever say anything negative about him.

I will just never understand that mentality I guess.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2017, 03:33:30 pm »
There are people here who are emotionally attached to the guy in a way I could never understand. I've never put that much faith in another human being. These people feel wounded when we criticize Trump and never ever ever say anything negative about him.

I will just never understand that mentality I guess.

Yeah I've never understood it either...even when it was an exclusive trait of the Democrats.

Offline CSM

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2017, 03:43:26 pm »

Why did you leave the text below out of your excerpt?  This isn't a new "Trump Policy" that somehow he created as an actual change.  That said, he did RESTORE the policy and that is the right thing to do.

snip-

First announced by President Reagan in Mexico City in 1984, the policy has been in effect during Republican administrations and suspended by Democratic presidents, including Barack Obama. President Trump restored the policy this year, then plowed new ground with Monday’s expansion.

end snip-