Author Topic: Obama Library Center won't follow National Archive model  (Read 1198 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Obama Library Center won't follow National Archive model
« on: May 15, 2017, 06:37:28 am »
CHICAGO (AP) - The Obama Presidential Center will not be a part of the presidential library network operated by the National Archives and Records Administration.

The Chicago Tribune reports (http://trib.in/2q7ae6o ) the move will free the Obama Foundation from amassing an endowment equivalent to 60 percent of the construction cost.

The foundation won't have to adhere to the agency's architectural and design standards. And it won't have to pay NARA to help run an agency-controlled portion of the center.

More: http://www.kfvs12.com/story/35413447/obama-library-center-wont-follow-national-archive-model

:shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

Re: Obama Library Center won't follow National Archive model
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 11:15:40 am »
There's a .gov website, though:
About the Library

The Barack Obama Presidential Library is the 14th presidential library administered by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), a federal agency.

Presidential Libraries and Museums, like their holdings, belong to the American people without regard for political considerations or affiliations.  Currently the materials are housed in a temporary facility in Hoffman Estates, IL, which is not open to the public. 

Obama presidential records are administered in accordance with the requirements of the Presidential Records Act (PRA) and will not be subject to public Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests until January 20, 2022.
Is there a difference between the Obama Presidential Center and Barack Obama Presidential Library? Will the former be sited in Boystown, Chicago?  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 11:33:41 am »
I have little doubt the records are safe on a private server somewhere, right?  :shrug:

(Birth Certificate, College Admissions Records, Transcripts, Harvard Law Review Articles......)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 11:41:28 am »
I'm sure there's an explanation somewhere of why Barry was still in law school at age 29:
... In 1991, Obama, a 29-year-old soon-to-be Harvard Law School grad, wrote a paper with a friend, Robert Fisher, called “Race and Rights Rhetoric.” Obama summed up the average American’s mindset with the following sentence: "I may not be Donald Trump now, but just you wait; if I don't make it, my children will."
As a Harvard Law Student, Barack Obama Said Becoming Donald Trump Was The American Dream
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 12:00:30 pm »
Obama presidential records are administered in accordance with the requirements of the Presidential Records Act (PRA) and will not be subject to public Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests until January 20, 2022.

Remember that date.  That is when the shit storm begins.

Nixon will look like a saint, after word gets out how this bastard operated.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 12:50:55 pm »
Remember that date.  That is when the shit storm begins.

Nixon will look like a saint, after word gets out how this bastard operated.
Hah. They will be redacted or "unexpectedly" missing.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 12:55:20 pm »
Hah. They will be redacted or "unexpectedly" missing.

Maybe someone can pull them off Hillary's private server.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 01:44:31 pm »
Maybe someone can pull them off Hillary's private server.
Probably "code-word" Top Secret  files...

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 01:27:07 pm »
Saw a mockup of the new library

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 04:52:54 pm »
Let's see, cheap (because it can't be 100% grifted govt funds), dodgy, sketchy, opaque, and evasive.

Yep, sounds like the perfect Obama project.
The Republic is lost.